Is Gran Turismo 6 worth it even with problematic updates?

Poland
Poland
In December 3rd PS3 had 4.87 update. It made me miss this console but I had nothing to play beacuse I sold all my PS3 games, including GT5 and GT6. I also deleted save games and installation data of both GT5 and GT6. This Christmas I bought GT5.

Now I'm thinking about buying GT6. I've had GT6 since launch and played it more than GT5. But there's one thing that concerns me - updates. I've heard about issues with updating GT6 - it takes forever to install, you get error while installing them all at once etc. I installed all 27 GT5 updates at once in 40 minutes (excluding download time), no problems, no errors, and 21 GT6 updates can't install at once? Is GT6 even worth to get at this point?

Last edited:
I would say so - I've not actually played GT5 and GT6 so I bought a PS3 just before Christmas, it took a good few hours to install the updates for GT6 but once they're done (and really, installing them one at a time isn't that bad) it works fine. If you enjoyed the game, there's no harm in it.

In December 3rd PS3 had 4.87 update. It made me miss this console but I had nothing to play beacuse I sold all my PS3 games, including GT5 and GT6. I also deleted save games and installation data of both GT5 and GT6. This Christmas I bought GT5.

Now I'm thinking about buying GT6. I've had GT6 since launch and played it more than GT5. But there's one thing that concerns me - updates. I've heard about issues with updating GT6 - it takes forever to install, you get error while installing them all at once etc. I installed all 27 GT5 updates at once in 40 minutes (excluding download time), no problems, no errors, and 21 GT6 updates can't install at once? Is GT6 even worth to get at this point?
I don't know... I have installed GT6 on my PS3 3 times and I have never had issues

Don't download the updates all at once you may have issues.

Is updating one by one slower? How much? One day?
Yes one by one is slower but it all depends on your internet speed, but it a safeway and it will take you all day. I done it a few months ago, and I done 6 updates at a time and it took me around 5 hours, but again it depends on your internet speed.

Don't download the updates all at once you may have issues.

Wait, what PS3 do you have? Fat, Slim or Super Slim? I have a feeling that thidls problem depends on a model. I have Super Slim 500 GB. As I said in the main post I've had GT6 before but I sold ir. I don't remember having update issues and I installed them all at once

Last edited:
Wait, what PS3 do you have? Fat, Slim or Super Slim? I have a feeling that thidls problem depends on a model. I have Super Slim 500 GB. As I said in the main post I've had GT6 before but I sold ir. I don't remember having update issues and I installed them all at once
I have a 160 GB slim and I am always having issues when installing the updates all at once, and I have only 1 game on that console. I have also heard on this forum of the Super slim PS3s can have problems as well, but know one knows why it happens to some PS3 models.
Try it yourself with your Super Slim download all GT6 updates at once and see if the installing has Failed after a while, and if it does not fail your ok and if the installing has failed, just do a few updates at a time.

Wow, I installed 6th month ago on Fat and no problem. Second version is on Slim but for 5 years already. Everything's fine and the game looks unbelievable good. It's crazy after so many years on that HW.

I would say so - I've not actually played GT5 and GT6 so I bought a PS3 just before Christmas, it took a good few hours to install the updates for GT6 but once they're done (and really, installing them one at a time isn't that bad) it works fine. If you enjoyed the game, there's no harm in it.
How long exactly are we talking to fully update....the first six update are still giving me trouble but now im questioning wheter im giving it enough time

How long exactly are we talking to fully update....the first six update are still giving me trouble but now im questioning wheter im giving it enough time
probably 3-5 hours or so in total, i can't really remember exactly but if you just install them in batches of 5 then it installs relatively painlessly, though it all depends on your internet speed as well.

No issues with GT5 or GT6 on a super slim PS3 , also just recently got a 2nd hand console and those games. it does take a long time to update, certainly a few hours. Also you can get all GT5 DLC for free, google it :)

No issues with GT5 or GT6 on a super slim PS3 , also just recently got a 2nd hand console and those games. it does take a long time to update, certainly a few hours. Also you can get all GT5 DLC for free, google it :)
Also got GT5 GT6 recently for my slim I had in storage after not enjoying GT7 much. Bought both 5 and 6 for $9 free shipping on ebay. Perfect condition and yes to anyone else looking to play GT5 get the XL edition and check GT Planet's GT5 forum, you can get all the content for offline with a few minutes of your time.

Absolutely worth it… this retro offers NO real money pay to play or money grab like many of the newer games and apps being offered in today’s times. Great graphics, rides, and circuits for free… can’t beat that… imho retro GT rules in this regard.
here it is... the most accurate GT7 prediction

Back