Is it just me or are Road Cars worse after the latest updates?

I don't notice any difference in them over the last handful of updates, and I prefer road cars in game over GR classes so they are the things I'm primarily driving.

I haven’t noticed anything in that regard and I play daily since launch at least to get the marathon ticket, having only missed 3 days so far. I run multiple road cars most days.

Post-patch placebo, we're all guilty of feeling it at least once in a game's lifecycle.
the whole " the physics are better because it's harder" crowd. They fixed every god damn RWD car having violent unrecoverable oversteer so yes the physics do suck now..
But now the filthy casuals can keep their cars on the road instead of spinning out and giving me easy wins! :yuck:

Post-patch placebo, we're all guilty of feeling it at least once in a game's lifecycle.

But now the filthy casuals can keep their cars on the road instead of spinning out and giving me easy wins! :yuck:
No, it's different.

I'm a fan of the 73 CSL "batmobile" and they had patched the physics so that car driveable without rear downforce, even at low speeds.

Now, it's back to being completely useless without the addition of downforce, which means a big ugly wing.

And when I say useless, I mean completely useless. It may as well have ice cubes for rear tires.

Obviously, not all cars suffer, but the ones that do are terrible.

Ah the whole " the physics are better because it's harder" crowd. They fixed every god damn RWD car having violent unrecoverable oversteer so yes the physics do suck now..
They did? Why is my maxxed out C7 still behaving (violent unrecoverable oversteer) exactly as it has since I first started running it at full power back in early April? Same thing with my Shelby GT350.
There is no noticeable difference, for better or worse, in how any of my cars handle or any of my lap times.
Did the changes only impact the driver assist features? The only one I use is ABS.

Ah the whole " the physics are better because it's harder" crowd. They fixed every god damn RWD car having violent unrecoverable oversteer so yes the physics do suck now..
Who said anything about this? There are two posts above you, and both of us only mention that road cars feel the same.

Who said anything is better or worse, or are you just yelling into the void?

No, it's different.

I'm a fan of the 73 CSL "batmobile" and they had patched the physics so that car driveable without rear downforce, even at low speeds.

Now, it's back to being completely useless without the addition of downforce, which means a big ugly wing.

And when I say useless, I mean completely useless. It may as well have ice cubes for rear tires.

Can't say I ever drove the CSL outside of that one mission so I don't know what it drives like. Weird that it only affects certain cars.

Can't say I ever drove the CSL outside of that one mission so I don't know what it drives like. Weird that it only affects certain cars.
Well, the problem was always certain cars. Right out of the box, some rwd cras were a mess (especially the older ones) while some were great. The RZ Supra is a good example. It's been great from the start.

I find them all to be way better since the last physics update. Rear wheel drive cars are now a pleasure to toss around corners.

No, it's different.

That’s strange.
Just 2days ago, I was messing around with some of my Road Cars cruising around Weather Tech Raceway Laguna Seca.
Among other things I drove both BMWs‘ and compared both of them and to be honest they both handled extremely well.
They were planted, somewhat stable for a'73 Configuration and I was surprised how good it behaved overall for a 50 year old Car.
The CSL was 3Seconds faster though on average.
They both have been driven completely Stock, no changes.
I don’t know if using them outside Time Trial Mode changes the Physics but I highly doubt it.
Very strange indeed, no idea 🤷🏻‍♂️

That’s strange.
Just 2days ago, I was messing around with some of my Road Cars cruising around Weather Tech Raceway Laguna Seca.
Among other things I drove both BMWs‘ and compared both of them and to be honest they both handled extremely well.
They were planted, somewhat stable for a'73 Configuration and I was surprised how good it behaved overall for a 50 year old Car.
I don’t know if using them outside Time Trial Mode changes the Physics but I highly doubt it.
Ya, that is strange.
That’s strange.
Yes, that is strange. Mine lost huge amounts of time over a lap and I had to install the wing to make it match.

At 600pp my 73 was nearly 30 second slower over 1 lap of the Nurburgring on SS tires

Latest Posts

Back