Do you adjust the brake power from the stock 5/5? I tend to vary it based on tire use. Race tire with higher grip I'd run up to maybe 6 or 7. Road tire 3-4 max.
To those who thinks that the FFB is less strong than the TT demo, have you tried the same car in GT5 which is the Nissan 370Z, stock and with the Comfort Soft (N3) or the Tuned 370Z with R1 (Racing Hard). Just like in GT5P and even GT4 or in fact any good driving/racing sim, there should be a difference in steering weight between the different cars.
I remember in GT5P, older cars like the Ferrari F40 for example have a heavier steering that the newer F430 or the 599 which apparently reflect their real world counterparts. It's one of the most obvious difference in how a car would feel and the reason why certain cars give more feedback to the driver while others give less.
And to those with the DFP or DFGT pedals. there are a few easy modifications you can do to both pedals. For the brake, you can easily place a squash or stress ball behind the pedal. This will not only increase resistance, making it possible to place your foot on the pedal without actuating the brake but also provides a more progressive feel and makes modulating brake a cinch. Then there's the bungee cord mods that you can apply to both the brake and the gas pedals:
With this one, it's even adjustable and you do that by increasing the amount of twist to the cord if you need more resistance and less twist if you need less.
Do you adjust the brake power from the stock 5/5? I tend to vary it based on tire use. Race tire with higher grip I'd run up to maybe 6 or 7. Road tire 3-4 max.
I harken back to the days of gt4 and nurburg drving cars to the point you had to turn down the FF because it would punish your arms so hard and having to crank the wheel 600 900 degrees to get the cars to turn in on some of the nastier corners, a few hours of that and your arms were like jello.
GT5 tho set to 10 and it is like yawn is this thing on?
Since GT5 doesn't feature pedal sensitivity adjustment or just a brake pressure setting I run much lower than that to help curb the lock-up. In games like GTR2 on PC I usually run brake presssure to 85-90% as opposed to 100% default. And in GT5 I do it through front and rear brake power.
Do you adjust the brake power from the stock 5/5? I tend to vary it based on tire use. Race tire with higher grip I'd run up to maybe 6 or 7. Road tire 3-4 max.
I know this is a bit OT, but does anyone else have a problem with lack of pedal resolution/modulation (on the in game throttle/brake indicator) in the first ~10% of travel? I'm using a G27 w/stock pedals atm and I've noticed that both the throttle and brake don't have any modulation (in game) through the first 10% of travel - basically if you just barely tap the brake/throttle, it automatically reachs ~10% of travel on the throttle/brake indicator bars and then has a bit of a deadzone (lack of resolution) until you physically reach 10% or so on the actual pedal itself.
This generally isn't much of an issue on the throttle, but during braking you often need to be able to modulate the brake pressure (extremely accurately) in that range as you trail brake/roll off the brake into a corner as you clip the apex, while riding the absolute threshold of the tires grip...and with such an issue, this can affect how precisely and consistently you are able to achieve this.
Anyways, has anyone else noticed this issue or found a way to resolve it? It's hard to believe PD still doesn't provide a proper way to calibrate
the different wheels/pedals
Ok I just got the Formula GT this evening and I took it for a drive on the Nurburgring. And holy crap what a difference! I pretty much felt every single bump and every single rumble strip. So could it be just the suspension setup that causes how much FFB to be applied? So the stiffer the setup, the greater the sensitivity?