Is it possible that Ferrari won't make it to the next Gran Turismo???

Messages
1,219
United States
Tennessee
Messages
FerrariThugs
Messages
xbox is a joke
So someone on another forum just told me that Microsoft owns Ferrari license, I have never heard this before. After some googling I guess it's real. Is this possible that Ferrari won't make it to the next Gran Turismo now?!?! if so I will be terribly depressed...

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I wasn't exactly sure where I could ask this.
 
That would be really really disappointing. They made the cars look epic as as well in GT.

Could polyphony not be doing enough to secure car manufacturers?
 
It's not like EA's Porsche license, which applies to all games. Microsoft's Ferrari license doesn't apply to Sony games, to my knowledge.

Nothing to worry about.
 
My question is how long has Microsoft had the license? If I'm not mistaken, it's been a few years.
 
My question is how long has Microsoft had the license? If I'm not mistaken, it's been a few years.

yeah the threads I saw from the google search that I made about this dated back to April of 2012 and some from 2011. but I wasn't sure because I thought since GT6 might have already been in production back then. Not too sure though.

but then again NFS Rivals has Ferrari and they just released the F50 and F40 combo pack as a DLC back in january or february.
 
yeah the threads I saw from the google search that I made about this dated back to April of 2012 and some from 2011. but I wasn't sure because I thought since GT6 might have already been in production back then. Not too sure though.

but then again NFS Rivals has Ferrari and they just released the F50 and F40 combo pack as a DLC back in january or february.

Oh...

... Then we are cool.

The new added Ferraris are the proof.

*phew*
 
That's what I thought. With the timeline withstanding, I don't see any reason why make it to the next installment. It's been in the last two. I am sure PD is paying hand over fist for the rights. But they are willing.
 
dont worry, its not exclusive. Though if they made iy exclusive, PD could always make Nissan exclusive, no more GTRs for NFS and Forza lol
 
Oh...

... Then we are cool.

The new added Ferraris are the proof.

*phew*
yeah, but then I gotta question whats the point of Microsoft buying the license to begin with??? surely there's got to be some kind of a business strategy.
and I was thinking what if racing games that are exclusive to other platforms other than Microsofts Xbox won't have a chance of seeing Ferrari?? since NFS Rivals is on xbox as well they probably didn't mind
 
Why haven't we had the new 4 wheel drive Ferrari ???
Thought this would definitely make it in to gt6
 
Why haven't we had the new 4 wheel drive Ferrari ???
Thought this would definitely make it in to gt6

Maybe DLC (ha!)? I was pleased to see several new Ferrari models in GT6 though.

Shameless plug: starting next week I have a club racing a different Ferrari every week, check the link in my signature if interested. 👍
 
This is old news. MS had the license, but not anymore. Ironically, EA took the chance to add them to NFS (Since EA didn't want to share Porsche, MS wouln't give Ferrari to them) so now they have both. It sucks for everybody. Forza managed to have them for quite a good while, but EA is going to keep them for themselves from on now I think. I can only hope the contract between EA and Porsche will end someday, we need to have Porsches in serious car games, GT, Forza, Project Cars, iRacing, Assetto Corsa, and many more. I'm tired of seeing them stuck in arcadish repetitive rubbish (and I was a very big fan of NFS in the past)
 
Yeah, i hate how EA have the exclusives to porsche but didnt use the chance to pull out a Porsche driving sim with all the cars from the past. Porsche Unleashed 2 with the perfect physics, cars ranging from Moby Dick, 356, Little b:censored:d, etc. Instead they put 3 models with arcade physics :banghead:
 
Yeah, i hate how EA have the exclusives to porsche but didnt use the chance to pull out a Porsche driving sim with all the cars from the past. Porsche Unleashed 2 with the perfect physics, cars ranging from Moby Dick, 356, Little b:censored:d, etc. Instead they put 3 models with arcade physics :banghead:

That's my worst pain. Porsche have a unique selection of historical racing cars going to waste. EA made a initial effort with the great NFS Porsche Unleashed (I have to give credits where it's due, too bad that game was the beggining of this current situation) and they never tried again. Also new excting cars like the 918 Spyder or the newest 991 911s, Boxters, Caymans, even Panameras, Cayennes and Macans are into waste too. Some of them appear in NFS Rivals, but...they don't deserve that place. Turn 10 showed them what you should do with a Porsche license. And I'm sure PD knows what to do too. And many other developers. EA uses it as a toy, they know it's theirs and they don't care. Sad...
 
yeah, but then I gotta question whats the point of Microsoft buying the license to begin with??? surely there's got to be some kind of a business strategy.
and I was thinking what if racing games that are exclusive to other platforms other than Microsofts Xbox won't have a chance of seeing Ferrari?? since NFS Rivals is on xbox as well they probably didn't mind
If you want Ferrari in your game, you need a Ferrari license.
 
That's my worst pain. Porsche have a unique selection of historical racing cars going to waste. EA made a initial effort with the great NFS Porsche Unleashed (I have to give credits where it's due, too bad that game was the beggining of this current situation) and they never tried again. Also new excting cars like the 918 Spyder or the newest 991 911s, Boxters, Caymans, even Panameras, Cayennes and Macans are into waste too. Some of them appear in NFS Rivals, but...they don't deserve that place. Turn 10 showed them what you should do with a Porsche license. And I'm sure PD knows what to do too. And many other developers. EA uses it as a toy, they know it's theirs and they don't care. Sad...
Too bad porsche themselves didnt care about their image in video games, thats why they didnt bother with EA using the cars for illegal racing, crashes and police chases. Had Porsche care about their own image, they would turn to T10 and PD to do that, i'm sure Dan and Kaz knows what should be done (well apart from the car sounds from PD :p)
 
Too bad porsche themselves didnt care about their image in video games, thats why they didnt bother with EA using the cars for illegal racing, crashes and police chases. Had Porsche care about their own image, they would turn to T10 and PD to do that, i'm sure Dan and Kaz knows what should be done (well apart from the car sounds from PD :p)

Exactly. Look at them. Both are car passionate guys. They know their cars and they like to talk about it (well, Kaz doesn't talk too much at all, but...:p) meanwhile in EA all I can see is guys with ties in black suits wanting more money, squeezing every gram of life out of their developers. NFS right now is just a big showcase, nothing more, nothing less.
 
Project Cars doesn't, so far.
I would be really bummed if they don't end up having Ferrari in there.
the game is so gorgeous that I'll end up buying it anyways, but without Ferrari it would be a real shame.

but thanks for replies guys. guess all we can do is just pray that these silly exclusive contracts will end so we can all enjoy some great cars in many racing games.
 
If I remember correctly, both MS & Sony have the licence for there respective platforms. Its then goes down to sub licencing

Its a bit of a strange setup which was highlighted in Test Drive Unlimited 2. The PS3 version of that game had the ferrari 458 italia present (PC as well). However, the 360 version, that car was missing and only available through modified consoles.

I wouldn't be surprised though if the licence holders are 'pressured' by Ferrari to sub licence as much as possible.
 
Could polyphony not be doing enough to secure car manufacturers?

Wouldn't surprise me, Ferrari is very touchy with how their cars are represented in video games IIRC. The 458 is supposed to be a very well handling car, and it just has a bunch of understeer in GT6. On top of that there's only a hand full of Ferrari's in the game where there should be much more, especially on the racing car front.
 
Turn 10 doesn't work in exclusive licenses like EA does.
 
Back