is it possible to download day one patch using pc browser?

Indonesia
Jakarta, ID
seriously need help, is it possible to get the day one patch via pc? because I just have mobile broadband connection after I broke my wifi router. if I could download that patch via pc, how can I get the link to download it? :gtpflag:

So far I don't think a game patch has ever been made available to download on PC for a PS3 game.
I'm going to say unlikely unfortunately. :( Hope you get it sorted out.

So far I don't think a game patch has ever been made available to download on PC for a PS3 game.
I'm going to say unlikely unfortunately. :( Hope you get it sorted out.
sounds like I should wait till my router fixed. thanks for your answer, appreciated :cheers:

I think there is a way to plug your PS3 into your PC and use your PC net connection if that sounds doable.
Helped a friend set it up to use the PS3 ad-hoc party program because you need a wired connection for that.
If that sounds good I can try to get you set up. Patch is probably going to be hefty.

There used to be a proxy program around that allowed to download updates and what not on the PC and copy to USB stick to the PS3

Maybe a google search will bring it up

I'm trying to use a proxy to update some PS3 games. I'll let you know if I have success. You can download the update files to PC and then download to the PS3 from the file on the PC... In theory anyway.

The advantage is, the PC has the ability to download a large file successfully with not so great internet connections. The PS3 has no trouble to get the files from the PC.

With a proxy, the PS3 gets it's internet from the PC through the proxy and when the PS3 wants the large files from the internet, the proxy "tricks" the PS3 to take an identical copy that's on the PC hard drive.

It's fairly technical. If I get some success, I'll share how.

I'm trying to use a proxy to update some PS3 games. I'll let you know if I have success. You can download the update files to PC and then download to the PS3 from the file on the PC... In theory anyway.

The advantage is, the PC has the ability to download a large file successfully with not so great internet connections. The PS3 has no trouble to get the files from the PC.

With a proxy, the PS3 gets it's internet from the PC through the proxy and when the PS3 wants the large files from the internet, the proxy "tricks" the PS3 to take an identical copy that's on the PC hard drive.

It's fairly technical. If I get some success, I'll share how.

http://sagamer.co.za/forum/showthread.php?128773-PS3-Proxy-Server-Version-2

Yes it is possible using the proxy. I have used it a couple of times for various things including updating GT5. You need to have the pc and ps3 on the same network and setup the proxy. Then proceed to setup the proxy in your ps3 network settings. Run it on the pc and start. Start the patch download from the ps3 as per usual give it a couple of seconds and then cancel the download once the link appears in the ps3 proxy log.

The link will then appear in ps3 proxy for the file, copy and paste that in your browser and download, keep the link for later use. When it is done you just setup the file location on your pc in ps3 proxy on the replace files tab, and set it up to link to the local version when it searches for the specific link on PSN. Run the update from your ps3 again, and it will "download" it from your pc instead of PSN. It also saves all the links so you can keep the files on your pc for when you need to backup your ps3 later or lose some of your data. If you are done just disable the proxy server in the ps3 network settings and everything will work as before.

It is a rough explanation but all the needed explanations are in the link along with a help file in PDF format in the download. :cheers:

Someone help please - if I start up GT6 can I download the patch already? Or can I only do it if I download it on PC first?

It is - 1.2gb

Try this link, it contains the patch and see if you can put it on your PS3 and install it:

http://yifan.lu/psn/?titleid=BCJS37016&env=np
Just wanted to point out that you have to look for your specific game id, I guess there are differencers between the different region versions. Your link goes to this file:

http://b0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/...S37016_00-0000000000000000-A0102-V0101-PE.pkg

while the version I logged is:

http://b0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/...0000000000000-A0102-V0101-PE.pkg?product=0087

Both are 1.02 but still different.
As far as I'm informed, you will still need to use PS3 Proxy to install it from your PC and there's no way of putting that file directly on your PS3.
In my case I have pretty bad internet at home, using LTE in a volume based contract. At work I have 50k connection. So I log with PS3 Proxy at home and download at work. Afterwards I put the file on my home's PC and install it on my PS3...works fine for me.

Edit:
I just searched the net and apparentely you can directly install .pkg files from USB...will try and report back.

Last edited:
Unless you have a hacked PS3 you CANNOT update a game with a USB stick, only the firmware. You can fool your PS3 into believing your PC is the FTP update server but you don't have a router so there goes your luck.

Can someone help me with this please? My internet is piss poor and downloading the update directly thru the PS3 will result in disconnects every single time. I have installed the PS3.ProxyServer program and downloaded v1.02 in PKG form to my PC, but I can't seem to transfer it to the PS3. I've followed all instructions from various sites but the 'download' still takes as long as downloading it directly. I did switch off my PS3 when the PKG file is downloading on my PC though. I've read on various sites that it's ok to switch off the PS3, but I'm scared that might've messed it up :nervous:

If anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated. I not the sort to give up easily, but I'm just about to throw in the towel here :(

can someone please help me in setting up my Mac OS X proxy, to connect it to the PS3. My GT6 is on v1.0 and when I update it to v1.04, the download reaches 100% but the installation stops at 14%. I have tried all the possible fixes but still the installation stops at 14%, and I get the Error 80025964.

I have checked PSN forums and the only way to do it, is to install versions 1.01 - 1.04 via the proxy server. I already downloaded all the patches needed, I just need help on how to connect the Mac OS X proxy to the PS3.

Thank you.

@thejerryong
i dont think you can do that anymore they banned it
you ca only download via PS3 , if you have bad connection you should get a ps+ i hear you can pause/resume downloades

seriously need help, is it possible to get the day one patch via pc? because I just have mobile broadband connection after I broke my wifi router. if I could download that patch via pc, how can I get the link to download it? :gtpflag:

If you have a large data plan, cant you make a mobile hotspot with your phone?

@thejerryong
i dont think you can do that anymore they banned it
you ca only download via PS3 , if you have bad connection you should get a ps+ i hear you can pause/resume downloades

but on PSN forums (GT6 thread), that's one solution they are telling me. But somehow I can't get both systems to work on proxy. What's a PS+? Would I be able to download that directly on the PS3? Thank you

EDIT:
Sorry that was a noob question. I remember PS+ is built in on the PS3. I will try it later when I get home. Thank you. Also would I be able to download the GT6 updates from there?

PS+ is a paid subscription to PSN. Gives you access like cloud save file saving, access to free full games, discounted full games, download manager, and all sorts of cool stuff.

Back