is it possible to get a helicopter in gta3???

• Thread starter 1mic
  • 12 comments

1mic

(Banned)
sorry foo-s im not that far into the game im just at beggining of shoreside vale......
and when can i fly a jet???
:)

No, and never - in that order.

However, there is a plane with clipped wings called the Dodo, and you can fly that - but it is extremely difficult.

really someone said you can fly an airplane, but i think they were talking about the dodo
DAMIT, and i got excited over NOTHING

I feel your pain - I can now get it to Portland on about two out of every three attempts, but it's always a crash.

It reminds of playing Grand Prix Legends:
- touch the accelerator - crash
- turn the wheel - crash
- change gear - crash
- hit brake - nothing happens for a bit - then a crash.

Originally posted by vat_man
- turn the wheel - crash
- change gear - crash

:lol:

I got fairly good at flying the dodo. I can keep it in the air, until I fly over a spot where insane stunts are done, then it goes into an endless slow-motion more and freezes.

But to answer the question, it's the only thing in the game you can fly.

Originally posted by vat_man
I feel your pain - I can now get it to Portland on about two out of every three attempts, but it's always a crash.

- turn the wheel - crash
- change gear - crash

:lol: Now thats called GOOD LUCK!

that fuken sucks i thought you could be able to fly some type aircraft...., besides you can ride a boat..so i thought planes as well

1mic, you CAN fly an aircraft. Its called the DODO. Its missing half its wings on both sides, but its STILL flyable! Trust me.. I've flown it for almost 20 mins before i got bored of the som*****...

Its not all that hard to fly if you get the hang of it... I flew for almost 2 mins the first time i tried (thats half way into staunton isle.)

Heres how to do it:

!!Important! You MUST fly in 3rd person view so you can check if you see the red nose of the plane (view, second closest to the plane)

1. Line up on your run way
2. Press down on the d-pad and hold it (up on the left joystick if you preferr that rather then the dpad)
3. Hit the gas (Still holding down (up on joystick))
4. Once you get up to speed, you should start seeing sparks shooting up from the ground. Once this happens, IMMEDIATELY let up off of the down button (or let go of the joystick)
5. Once your in the air, start tapping down (up on joystick) immediately to try to correct yourself, as you will be shooting straight up in the air almost.. (tip: you want to try to never see the red nose of the plane)

NOTE: If the plane starts to go down without you telling it to, do NOT press anything! The plane will automatically correct itself and continue flying straight forward.

Whenever you see the red nose of the plane, make sure to tap down (up on joystick) so you do not see it, as that means you are going further up into the air, and the plane will stall if you leave it like that for too long..

To turn, simply tap the d-pad or joystick the way you would like to turn, do NOT hold it! As any sudden changes will make the plane lose altitude and may spin out of control. Once you have made your turn, simply tap back in the opposite direction of which you turned to correct the plane.

Note: Turns are very wide, plan to make the turn ahead of time.

Good Luck!

Back