Is it possible?

• Thread starter RB26Mayhem
  • 15 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
RUDEBOI-SALUTE_T
Is it possible to change the theme of a finished track?
I've made Circuit de Ledenon but it would be more realistic if i changed from Eifel Flat to Death Valley.
Ty.

Is it possible to change the theme of a finished track?
I've made Circuit de Ledenon but it would be more realistic if i changed from Eifel Flat to Death Valley.
Ty.

Here's some links in case you haven't got this sorted RudeBoi, theme change is no hassle as long as you can access the save files created by the editor, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...es-android-tablet-phone.335346/#post-11007961 this thread should help you locate them, and then you can upload your .Bin file here: Gran Turismo Path Editor - Web Editor & Mods and at top of the page you can edit theme number to whatever you want, change track width and bank height.
Theme numbers are:
Death Valley =1
Eiffel =2
Andalusia =3
Eiffel Flat =5
Then when your done just click the download buttons (.meta as well) at bottom of the page and copy the new files back in the Track Editor, (you either overwrite, rename or delete the originals obviously)
Just be aware that if you download the edited .Bin and .meta to the same folder the originals were uploaded from it will rename the new files (something like "C--yourfilename.bin" and "yourfilename (1).meta" so best to download them to a different folder.
Hopefully I've not missed anything......:D

You've probably sorted it now, but someone else may find this helpful anyway.

Last edited:
Here's some links in case you haven't got this sorted RudeBoi, theme change is no hassle as long as you can access the save files created by the editor, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...es-android-tablet-phone.335346/#post-11007961 this thread should help you locate them, and then you can upload your .Bin file here: Gran Turismo Path Editor - Web Editor & Mods and at top of the page you can edit theme number to whatever you want, change track width and bank height.
Theme numbers are:
Death Valley =1
Eiffel =2
Andalusia =3
Eiffel Flat =5
Then when your done just click the download buttons (.meta as well) at bottom of the page and copy the new files back in the Track Editor, (you either overwrite, rename or delete the originals obviously)
Just be aware that if you download the edited .Bin and .meta to the same folder the originals were uploaded from it will rename the new files (something like "C--yourfilename.bin" and "yourfilename (1).meta" so best to download them to a different folder.

Thank you bro, I was looking for a way to do this for about a week, Cheers! :cheers:

Just tired it, When I tried importing to GT6 it showed up as Eifel and my game froze... HELP!

Last edited:
Okay, create a new track in Death Valley, and then edit/download just the .Bin file, import to the GT folder and then rename as the new file you created, don't worry about the meta/png just open in the track editor and save it in there and they will update.

How does it sort out the different map sizes?
Very good point, little bit of trial and error required, (I will try to make a comparison chart) so would be an idea to test track placement in other themes with a little bit of track before completing it entirely.

Theme_Map_Size_Differences.png

According to my calculations, (open to question but seems straightforward....), the smallest is Death Valley at 6000m, then Andalusia at 8000m with the Eiffel's both at 12000m.
So anything over 3000(+/-) in Death Valley, or 4000(+/-) in Andalusia will be off map....?
Think that's right :rolleyes:

Theme numbers are:
Death Valley =1
Eiffel =2
Andalusia =3
Eiffel Flat =5

A note for IPad users. You can easily see and copy the bin, ping and meta files using ITunes to your host PC. Upload to the Web Editor link as above. I just tried a simple theme and width change. Then download and save the new bin and meta files. Copy back to iPad using iTunes, open in TPE, I had to delete all the objects and one curve was scrambled had to redo, otherwise it crashed when trying to Transfer. Finally with a ćlean track was able to transfer to GT6. Bravo Zulu to those making this method work!

....I had to delete all the objects and one curve was scrambled had to redo, otherwise it crashed when trying to Transfer
I get the 'Bogus-Bend' occasionally as well, and I've more or less stopped adding trackside objects as I'm gonna kill my console otherwise!
Great update for iPad users, just wish it was possible to put it on iPhone :rolleyes:

I get the 'Bogus-Bend' occasionally as well, and I've more or less stopped adding trackside objects as I'm gonna kill my console otherwise!
Great update for iPad users, just wish it was possible to put it on iPhone :rolleyes:

seems that for some reason , android phones can load the app, but there is a thread for that i guess

Theme numbers are:
Death Valley =1
Eiffel =2
Andalusia =3
Eiffel Flat =5

Any word on what happened to this editor link? It seems to time out?

Any word on what happened to this editor link? It seems to time out?
I asked him a question
It was costing $20 a month for the server and had only 2400 visitors a month, ad revenue was $2 a month.
So he pulled the plug on it unfortunately.

Oh well, not everyone can be a Mark Zuckerberg when it comes to interweb revenues.

So is there a way to change width and theme using a hex editor or ? The hex editor still only shows file name the rest is Greek.

Back