Is Lotus Set To Return to Gran Turismo Sport?

UK SPORTS CARS can be seen in the credits of GTSport (Filming Support): https://www.mobygames.com/game/playstation-4/gran-turismo-sport/credits
http://www.uk-sports-cars.com/company-overview.html
Located in Fukuoka: "UK SPORTS CARS Co., Ltd. is an authorized dealer / distributor of Lotus, Caterham, Morgan, KTM X-BOW, and Norton Motorcycles."

http://nestpit.blog14.fc2.com/blog-entry-654.html
"It is a blog of the president of LOTUS Fukuoka & CATERHAM Fukuoka"

October 2017:
"Gran Turismo SPORTS has been released! !
The next one looks like jealousy! ! I was given the name of UK SPORTS CARS in the ending roll! ! Thank you very much. We also helped a little."

I just want this back.

Caterham_Seven_Fireblade_'02.jpg

I think it isn't realistic to get a Lotus car pack more than 3 Lotusses in the same update. I would like to believe it, but not the way PD rolled out their car updates the last year or so. I better believe we could get 1 or 2 Lotus cars and more will come later.

I dunno, I think it’s entirely plausible to have all the cars that were ready for launch re-introduced when the licensing is re-instated, plus any that PD had prepared in the mean time (if they bothered to do so). We’ve been informed that PD is now sort of adding cars as they’re made ready. We don’t know when (aside from a few of the SEMA winners and special racing cars like the drift BRZ) modeling work began for most of the post launch cars, and we don’t know how long it takes to make PS3 models usable in GTS - so, we don’t really have a good frame of reference to accurately say why car packs have released with what diversity of content.

When (and it is sounding like when, now) Lotus returns to GT I’d just about guarantee we’d get the Evora and Elise we saw in pre-launch builds. It’s also possible that Lotus was originally intended to be one of the available contract brands in the manufactures cup, which could also mean a Gr. 4 and Gr. 3 car, probably an Evora for Gr. 4 but it could be either an Evora or Elise in Gr. 3 given the amount of fictional race cars PD had made for GTS. Plus, I believe there were two race-modded Elise’s in GT5 & 6, either of which I believe would safely fit into the Gr. 3 performance bracket, though I don’t entirely remember the specs. The Europa also got a standard>premium upgrade between 5 & 6, and was one of the better premiums in 6, so that could also be one waiting in the wings if the newer models are as easily transferable as they’ve ***seemed*** to be.

I could see these up to* five lotuses returning on top of a traditional pack of 4-6 cars whenever it is that they are to come back.

Last edited:
It's surprisingly easy to forget that Lotus exist since their cars disappeared from the games I play. I can't actually remember the last time I saw one on the road.

Damn, I though it was the Tempesta from GTA :lol::lol:
That car in white was supposed to be a new-generation Lotus Esprit which Lotus unveiled in 2014 but later, they scrapped the idea of making one because they wanted to continue making exclusive lightweight, nimble cars, something which the Esprit isn't.

This may be a lit bit irrelevant
but i think many brands who left were ignored by PD for many years like Ginetta Opel etc and even tho Lotus isen't in quite the same situation i think this licensing mess will happen with other returning brands because of that.

This may be a lit bit irrelevant
but i think many brands who left were ignored by PD for many years like Ginetta Opel etc and even tho Lotus isen't in quite the same situation i think this licensing mess will happen with other returning brands because of that.
Not to mention Panoz and Cadillac.

They would be in GT Sport if PD paid them the equivalent of other manufacturers apparently. Also, that article tells us nothing either. I would love to see Lotus back in GT with the likes of the amazing 3-Eleven.

They would be in GT Sport if PD paid them the equivalent of other manufacturers apparently. Also, that article tells us nothing either. I would love to see Lotus back in GT with the likes of the amazing 3-Eleven.
But does lotus deserve as much money as some like Mercedes , Audi ,Ferrari etc?

Last edited:
Bu does lotus deserve as much money as some like Mercedes , Audi ,Ferrari etc?

lol at trying to make it seem like Polyphony Digital, AKA as one of the most distinguished first party studios in Sony's stable, and one that gets special treatment considering they are one of the last remaining Japanese first party studios Sony has, is a pauper and Lotus is just being money greedy.

They absolutely can, and should, pay the licensing rights Lotus wants. But they want to play hardball and cheap out?

Sure seems suspect that everyone and their mother's racing games, from Forza all the way down to Real Racing, has been able to pay whatever licensing fees that has been requested. Yet the biggest developer of them all apparently can't, because Lotus is supposedly playing hardball? Don't believe for a minute.

lol at trying to make it seem like Polyphony Digital, AKA as one of the most distinguished first party studios in Sony's stable, and one that gets special treatment considering they are one of the last remaining Japanese first party studios Sony has, is a pauper and Lotus is just being money greedy.
lol i didn't "try" anything i just don't beliave all brands should be paid the same regardless of developer .

But does lotus deserve as much money as some like Mercedes , Audi ,Ferrari etc?
If licencing costs are based purely on how prestigious a brand is then Lotus are certainly worth more than Mercedes-Benz and Audi but not as much as Ferrari in my opinion.

Glickenhaus are quite open about PD not being willing to pay them a fair price too.

If licencing costs are based purely on how prestigious a brand is then Lotus are certainly worth more than Mercedes-Benz and Audi but not as much as Ferrari in my opinion.

Glickenhaus are quite open about PD not being willing to pay them a fair price too.
Thats true but if they don't allow the access to cars like the Elise GT1 or the F1 Cars as much as i love the elise and esprit i don't think its worth it. SCG however is a different story.

Wonder if this would help the cause to add Lotus back to the Gran Turismo line up.

Not to say Jenson Button even plays Gran Turismo, but hopefully PD have kept abreast of this manufacturer and may have looked at adding this car in the future.

Lotus are only missing from GTS because PD weren't willing to pay enough, the same reason they couldn't do a deal with Glickenhaus. I hope Lotus can turn things around and survive but personally I'd rather see the red cars.

Btw for those in the UK, Channel 4 made a hour long documentary on the Lotus Emira which doesn't look too bad.

Back