Is PD Leaving us in the Dark?

  • Thread starter Thread starter spawn9999999
  • 67 comments
  • 2,914 views
cobragt
How in the hell can we have full lap vids of all tracks shown at E3, and not one Nurb vid? What is up PD???!!!!
Eagle
Of course we're being kept in the dark. It's called suspense and it's a good thing - builds anticipation and hopefully delivers on it.
Nuff said.

I gotta go with Eagle on this one. I don't wanna ditch GTP, and would probably love to see new footage of the nurb, or any pics/new information. But, at the same token, I know that I really don't want to see all it. I know it doesn't make sense. I just don't want to spoil my GT. No matter what, I think we'll be seeing stuff before the game arrives. Just show some patience guys...we still have a long time. ;)
 
I remember how long the wait seemed for GT2... I went crazy waiting.. and now its been years since it was released and it really doesnt feel like it. Man, time flies. GT4 will be here before we know it.
 
Why do you keep asking for video of 'Nub' when we already have one? It's not a complete lap, but so what?
 
you know, i really don't mind the few bits of information released, i even try to ignore and avoid alot of it, frankly, i want to be suprised by the features that you all got bored of thinking about, i want to leave those suprises in the game to be enjoyed in the game.

as a matter of fact, i'm trying to keep my standards for GT4 as low as "GT3 with more cars and tracks" so that it will be next to impossible to disappoint me unless its one big glitchfest (not likely)

so PD, keep us in the dark until release day, but don't change the release day again
 
Most of the vids captured at E3 were of tracks far shorter than the Nurburgring. To do a lap in a stock Lancer there with no prior knowledge of the track would probably take in the order of 10 minutes, other people wanted to see and play the build too.

Another reason? What I said before and Tripleplay posted - how many people are going to go direct to the Replay Mode and look for a Nurburgring demonstration with the Falken Skyline or something? You want that golden moment ruined by essentially having seen it before?

Less greed, more patience.
 
spawn9999999
It seems to me recently that there really hasnt been any great new media or screenshots or anything. I have a sneaking suspicion that PD has some secret about GT4 that hasnt been released yet, something like a huge graphical upgrade or something like that. There has got to be a new build of GT4 that none of us have seen yet that will blow us away.

Has anyone else been thinking this as well?
Totally agree. I've been thinking for a while that PD has gone very quiet, what could it mean, perhaps you're right or could we have an early release date?
 
Mustang-man
This is why (yes i'm mentioning it again!) i'm 'quitting' all GT4 new sources at the end of this month, including the Gran Turismo forums here, (my Gran Turismo website (GTSC link in sig) probably won't get updated again until after GT4 is released) so that no more surprises etc are ruined.

Prologue was partially ruined for me after i downloaded the starting video before Sony changed their minds and announced they were going to sell it here. :grumpy:

I agree with you, I may have to join you and ignore the GT4 forum intill GT4 comes out.
 
I wish people would stop calling The Nurburgring 'the nurb' - its always been known as 'the ring' as a shortended nick name.
 
Nordschleife really isn't that hard to spell or type, hell it feels cool coming off my keys.
 
Eagle - most peoples spelling on here is bad enough (the texting generation!) without reading:

Nodscliffe, Norseleaf or Noobschleife etc every 5 minutes!
 
Noobschleife pwns you. I'm gonna use that from now on.

There's a solution for not being able to spell.
 
TheCracker
Eagle - most peoples spelling on here is bad enough (the texting generation!) without reading:

Nodscliffe, Norseleaf or Noobschleife etc every 5 minutes!
Eagle
Noobschleife pwns you. I'm gonna use that from now on.

There's a solution for not being able to spell.
LOL! :lol: :lol: 👍
 
(I dont want to start a new thread so i post it here.)

It seems that PD was at the Nordschleife yesterday (19 july).
Even KY was there!
Someone has taken a pic of KY with him and got an autograph.
They recorded (a trailer?) an Aston Martin DB9 (that maybe was driven by Johnnie Herbert) and some Subaru WRX STI spec C.

I got this info from people who where at the ring on 19july

I will try and search for more info about what they were doing there exactly.
 
zonekill
(I dont want to start a new thread so i post it here.)
Well done! 👍 Proper behaviour :cheers:

zonekill
It seems that PD was at the Nordschleife yesterday (19 july).
Even KY was there!
Someone has taken a pic of KY with him and got an autogram.
They recorded (a trailer?) an Aston Martin DB9 (that maybe was driven by Johnnie Herbert) and some Subaru WRX STI spec C.

I got this info from people who where at the ring on 19july

I will try and search for more info about what they were doing there exactly.
If you do find it please post updates... DB9.... aw ya!

who did you get this info from?

also just to help with the english... it's autograph.

:cheers:
 
phantasm
Well done! 👍 Proper behaviour :cheers:

Thanks :dopey: 👍

phantasm
If you do find it please post updates... DB9.... aw ya!

who did you get this info from?

also just to help with the english... it's autograph.

:cheers:

I got that info from 2 Forums one german and one from the Netherlands.
I will post the links if you are interested.
Yes, i will post updates if i can find more info.


And thanks for the help with the english
👍
 
I like this guy 👍 Class act. Post the links if you would and then we can bombard Babelfish and Google trying to translate the page :D.
 
Is PD leaving us in the dark? I don't necessarily think so. My life doesn't really depend on knowing if PD is neglecting having us GT fans post away like crazy about GT4 stuff. GTPlanet kind of has its own trick team of reporters and posters. Totally sick, yo!

Anyhow, I think PD is just doing whatever it can to make the game hot. Like when I seen The Learning Channel show "Rides," I heard about the modernized Cobra from concept on paper to tangible concept. People worked on that lovely concept ride in much the same way that PD is working on GT4.

To the creator of this thread, thank you for asking, but I don't think PD is like that. Come on now, man. Polyphony Digital and Kazunori Yamauchi LOVES us Gran Turismo fans the world over. Why would they leave us in the dark? PD knows we're on them as the black and green people (in other words, XBOX) are about Doom 3 and HALO 2. Do we GT4 fans get any attention? Rarely. And PD isn't putting ANYONE in the dark in my view. PD is just quietly and furiously (is that a such thing?) working on the game to make it a hit. Gran Turismo 4 is not going to be Duke Nukem Forever. Duke Nukem Forever was conceptualized back in 1997; Gran Turismo 4 conceptualized last year or so. GT4 is coming out this year granted that the world isn't going to Hell in a handbasket. Kind of think of PD's tight-lipped nature as "silent love." PD loves and respects all of us loyal GT fans, but given that, they also know that they cannot talk to every last fan of the series. So they work on a game and hope that by its release, they'll still have you as a fan. So PD is kind of leaving us in the dark, but not to the point of being neglected. Okay? Next reply.
 
John, i agree with you 100%, and i'd like to add that there are probably alot that they want to tell us about, but at the same time don't want the competition to find out about to prevent them from having competing features anytime soon.

remember, Video games are fun, but they are also big business, and big business is always tight lipped on what could give them an edge on forthcoming projects and products
 
I had my first lecture for my course "The New Marketer" this evening. One of the fundamental ideas the lecturer tried to get the great unwashed who were attending the lecture to understand was that if the product < expectations, people will be dissatisfied, whereas if you can not get people too hyped, not get them expecting too much, and then give them something great, they'll love you for it.

Guess the PD guys paid attention at business school.
 
Thanks alot for the links!
 
found this on another forum.

'' FlyingScotsman:

Yeah.. the Sony guys...

We met the development team behind the great Gran Turismo series of playstation games.. including the man himself... Kazunori Yamauchi - the creator of the Gran Turismo franchise.

They were there with various interesting cars and people... like Aston Martin DB9s.. the Zak Speed Vipers.. Kramer Porsches... Subaru Impreza STi 'C' Spec... Nismo 350Z...AND Johnny Herbert (DRIVING the DB9!) filming for the advertising slots for the game!

Kazunori said that the game would be released in time for Christmas. But there was a hint that because the licenses for Porsche (EA Sports) and Ferrari (Sega) expire on the turn of the new year.. they may release the game late...''


more pics:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/hjmolenaar/SpaRing04/DSC00628.JPG

http://home.wanadoo.nl/hjmolenaar/SpaRing04/DSC00625.JPG

http://home.wanadoo.nl/hjmolenaar/SpaRing04/DSC00631.JPG

http://home.wanadoo.nl/hjmolenaar/SpaRing04/DSC00626.JPG
(Credits Hans Molenaar)
 
Ahhh snap!!!! If you was a girl I would marry you and buy you a 2000 dollar ring!!!! Thxs alot. And people said I was wrong when I said porsche will be in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gt4.jpg

Looks like our Nurb will have the writing on the road, nice.
Here's a link to some pic!!!!!!!!
http://www.alexander-neurohr.de/index.php?date=gt4ns24h&max=151
 
whats a skyline? i dont think he was reffering to the pic but the sentance

"Kazunori said that the game would be released in time for Christmas. But there was a hint that because the licenses for Porsche (EA Sports) and Ferrari (Sega) expire on the turn of the new year.. they may release the game late...''
 
cobragt
Ahhh snap!!!! If you was a girl I would marry you and buy you a 2000 dollar ring!!!! Thxs alot. And people said I was wrong when I said porsche will be in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gt4.jpg

Looks like our Nurb will have the writing on the road, nice.
Here's a link to some pic!!!!!!!!
http://www.alexander-neurohr.de/index.php?date=gt4ns24h&max=151

You can buy me that ring anyway :lol: :D

But i cant see any pics on that page. I think its my Firefox browser anyone the same problem???
 
firefox 0.9.2 and its working fine, thumbnails down the right side
 
MadduckUK
whats a skyline?

I'm gonna have to hit you in the head with something if you ask that again... :odd:

MadduckUK
"Kazunori said that the game would be released in time for Christmas. But there was a hint that because the licenses for Porsche (EA Sports) and Ferrari (Sega) expire on the turn of the new year.. they may release the game late...''

Ferrari and Porsche are EA's own.

Polyphony will have to pay a rather large sum to get them in the game. which I highly doubt they will do it.

You got a better chance on getting a lambo in the game.
 
No! I meant what was Darin saying was a skyline.. not that i was asking what a skyine was! jesus now i seem stupid
 
Back