Is RIDE 4 worth £12.50?

• Thread starter Mercia
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
jdeviant1983
Currently 75% off on the PS store for the PS5 standard edition.

Looks quite pretty from the bits I've seen but reviews aren't overly kind to it.

Worth the price at £12.50? What is the career like? It claims it's 'dynamic' and adapts to your choices but what's this like in practice?

I enjoy the detail that has gone into MotoGP but I didn't end up playing it as much as I thought I might. I feel like I could enjoy a game with the passion level of a Gran Turismo for bikes if that's what this is aiming for, but I don't want to buy a dud.

Last edited:
Currently 75% off on the PS store for the PS5 standard edition.

Looks quite pretty from the bits I've seen but reviews aren't overly kind to it.

Worth the price at £12.50? What is the career like? It claims it's 'dynamic' and adapts to your choices but what's this like in practice?

I enjoy the detail that has gone into MotoGP but I didn't end up playing it as much as I thought I might. I feel like I could enjoy a game with the passion level of a Gran Turismo for bikes if that's what this is aiming for, but I don't want to buy a dud.
Would recommend ultimate addition as it comes packed with extra content.

Graphically superb (on ps5) with fairly believable physics and definitely well worth the money.

It's absolutely worth it. But, as mentioned above, get the ultimate edition/season pass, adds a lot of very good and very worthwhile things (new tracks, bikes, tonnes of events).

The career structure is pretty good, you choose a region to start in and work your way through the various events and special events in there before moving up to bigger tiers, there's endurance racing, multi race championships, time attacks, there's a lot to and it covers all the different types of bikes and bike classes. The customisation is nice and adds a good layer or personal touches, livery editor etc. It has very nice visuals on the PS5, silky smooth and very good audio I found as well which surprised me a bit, very full sounding audio and the bikes have really good authentic tone to them, if not always 100% accurate. Decent enough AI as well.

So yes, in my opinion after about 25 hours of gameplay, it is definitely worth buying, especially if you can get the ultimate edition or add the season pass to the regular edition. Reviewers are never overly kind to bike sims, it's a tough game, a lot of reviewers bemoaned it's lack of a tutorial and such like and there were definitely criticisms I've seen leveled at it's overall difficulty, it's a tough game but not much more so than the MotoGP games so it should feel familiar to you. Also, a lot of the reviews were on the PS4 version I believe, there are some PS5 ones but not loads, the 30fps to 60fps jump is the biggest plus side for this game which, like the WRC games, benefits from just being better to play and easier to control at the higher rate.

Last edited:
It's absolutely worth it. But, as mentioned above, get the ultimate edition/season pass, adds a lot of very good and very worthwhile things (new tracks, bikes, tonnes of events).

The career structure is pretty good, you choose a region to start in and work your way through the various events and special events in there before moving up to bigger tiers, there's endurance racing, multi race championships, time attacks, there's a lot to and it covers all the different types of bikes and bike classes. The customisation is nice and adds a good layer or personal touches, livery editor etc. It has very nice visuals on the PS5, silky smooth and very good audio I found as well which surprised me a bit, very full sounding audio and the bikes have really good authentic tone to them, if not always 100% accurate. Decent enough AI as well.

So yes, in my opinion after about 25 hours of gameplay, it is definitely worth buying, especially if you can get the ultimate edition or add the season pass to the regular edition. Reviewers are never overly kind to bike sims, it's a tough game, a lot of reviewers bemoaned it's lack of a tutorial and such like and there were definitely criticisms I've seen leveled at it's overall difficulty, it's a tough game but not much more so than the MotoGP games so it should feel familiar to you. Also, a lot of the reviews were on the PS4 version I believe, there are some PS5 ones but not loads, the 30fps to 60fps jump is the biggest plus side for this game which, like the WRC games, benefits from just being better to play and easier to control at the higher rate.
Nice one mate cheers, picked up the ultimate edition on PS5 for about £18 and looking forward to getting stuck in today before the GT Manu this evening.

It is worth that price on discount, just dont expect refined championships like in Gran Turismo for example.
If we drive 4 lap race in championship, we drive 4 laps on Laguna Seca and on Nordschleife.

Latest Posts

Back