Is the 2J still the fastest 550-650 pp car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MOPARbarrett5
  • 10 comments
  • 1,586 views
Messages
4,930
United States
Kentucky
Messages
barrett5
Messages
BarrettMopar
Since there haven't been any time trials that the 2J is eligible for yet, I haven't bought a 2J in GT6. Is it worth buying; is it still the fastest 550-650 pp car?
 
Dunno about the fastest but it's very drivable. But check the price the aussie version of the game it's 4.5mil, someone said the US version is 15mil. Great car though for punching out consistant laps.
 
@Mopar: It's possible, though I haven't driven any other race cars at that level. What I do know is, bolt on a Stage 3 turbo, set max speed to 286mph and it beats everything thrown at it in career mode....it wins by 20 seconds+ on the Route X Like The Wind Race (and easily wins the other 2). It just has crazy acceleration for a 3 gear car and has amazing levels of grip, though it can understeer a bit at low speed. The only downside is that it has no headlights so is difficult to use in the dark but, other than that, I thoroughly recommend it (it is listed as the car I have driven most and have most wins with currently)

@David: 15M? Really? Why would they have a different price in the US to the rest of the world? That's surprising if it's the case...here in the UK it is also 4.5M. Is it possible that it was 15M on the original release? Only they changed a lot of prices with one of the early updates (X2011 being a prime example) so maybe it was 15M to begin with and then they changed the price?
 
I didn't get the game until Christmas and it had already been updated, but currently the 2J is 4.5mil here in the US.
 
It certainly has a far higher top speed than it did even in GT5, so while I didn't do any real races with it I wouldn't be surprised.
 
It'll hold 280 mph on Route X. Most consistent car to win with in the races it qualifies for, other than the 24 hour races that run in the dark for 3 to 4 laps.
 
I didn't get the game until Christmas and it had already been updated, but currently the 2J is 4.5mil here in the US.

Thank you for clarifying that for us 👍

I think it probably got a price drop with the first update, much like the RB X2010 (or whatever it is) had it price reduced significantly
 
I won almost 90% of the races with the new 2014 c7 stingray.. I set it up on about 6 different set ups. even won 2 of the 3 like the win races.. couldn't win indy, but the other two I did.. got 285mph with nitro, and slip stream.. love that car, drives great and just flat out fun to drive. only other races I couldn't win with it was the 720pp races, and a couple of the 650pp with the ground effects cars in the races, like the jag, mazda, and nission 89, &92.
 
If currency rates are more than just conversions, and controlled by a CMS system, that would open up interesting promotions like putting certain cars on sale etc.
 
It'll holdh on Route X. Most consistent car to win with in the races it qualifies for, other than the 24 hour races that run in the dark for 3 to 4 laps.
I used the 2J for the 24 min races. Turn the best line on and follow it for those few laps in the dark. Easy win.
 
Most 650pp Races in A Spec I run in my Modded McLaren MP412C, My Mines BNR34 Skyline N1 and my Trusty 'Cheese Wedge' 2J. I love that thing
 
Back