Is the 97 mr2 gts a good drag car

Is it worth it? Well that depends on what you want out of it. Will it beat GTRs? No. Is there a class for it to run in? Yes.

I, however, don't know the max hp for the car.

If it's the MR2 I think you're talking about, it makes around 480 horsepower and doesn't weigh much over 1000kg. If you're looking to beat FWDs and low horsepower RWD, it's fun to run, but it won't be able to keep up with muscle cars or sports cars over 600 horsepower.

Pretty much every car is worth tuning, The slowest ones are sometimes more fun to run than the fast ones. Slow cars seem to be a little more forgiving of tune variances, ie. great launch vs great pull (yet getting to the finish at the same time) while the fastest cars seem to all run the same among the top tuners.

If it's the MR2 I think you're talking about, it makes around 480 horsepower and doesn't weigh much over 1000kg. If you're looking to beat FWDs and low horsepower RWD, it's fun to run, but it won't be able to keep up with muscle cars or sports cars over 600 horsepower.

Back when they used to wheelie, I had some VERY close runs with unsuspecting Nova's and El Caminos :D

Remember PD are trying to make this a real simulator.
Buckets of junk that wheelie three quarters of the strip ( and got faster doing so ) is/was a big fail.

The MR2 is still capable of some good wins over similarly classed cars, thanks the the better than average launches MR vehicles have in this game.

The only problem is that, when they "fixed" the fail, they ruined the grip for most cars '90 or older. Instead of doing that, they could have implemented maximum rear tire grip(of RS tires) with all front tire configurations while reducing chassis travel that allows the front end to lift during heavy acceleration. Essentially, allow cars to retain their pre-1.05 grip and acceleration while keeping all 4 tires firmly on the ground. Yes, real world cars can in fact become airborne from high grip tires, but this game's racing soft tires are a far cry from the compound needed to achieve such lift.

It also does nothing for the fact that many cars still wheelie, and will continue to wheelie until grip is further reduced or gravity figures are increased.

Back