Is the Fanatec gt dd pro ffb the same as the tgt 2 in terms of 3d perception?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi all, been looking everywhere for an answer but can't find one. I have a tgt 2 and thinking of getting the gt dd pro 8nm, before purchasing i would like to know if the gt dd pro lets you know like the tgt 2 does through the ffb vibration in a 3d effect way. On my tgt 2 I can feel which tyre has lost or is losing grip, which tyres when going over bumpy/rumble strips (not kerbs) on edge of the track, which tyres are spinning up and the same with suspension. Can feel it all through vibration in a 3d effect through the wheel. Is this just a tgt thing that gives this 3d vibration ffb because it has a transducer? Also if that's the case what actually makes the gt dd pro better than the tgt 2 other than being direct drive and 2nm more?

Depends on the games you play. If the game supports the T-DFB shaker then it will have additional effects that other wheels cannot provide. As far as I'm aware it's only GT Sport and maybe GT7 that support the shaker?

For every other racing game you won't be missing out on any effects by having a wheelbase from someone else like Fanatec.

What makes the DD Pro better than the TGT is exactly what you said. It's direct drive and the fidelity and smoothness of the FFB is just so much better than any belt or gear driven wheelbase - assuming you don't 'need' the shaker effects.

Depends on the games you play. If the game supports the T-DFB shaker then it will have additional effects that other wheels cannot provide. As far as I'm aware it's only GT Sport and maybe GT7 that support the shaker?

For every other racing game you won't be missing out on any effects by having a wheelbase from someone else like Fanatec.

What makes the DD Pro better than the TGT is exactly what you said. It's direct drive and the fidelity and smoothness of the FFB is just so much better than any belt or gear driven wheelbase - assuming you don't 'need' the shaker effects.
Thanks for the reply Daz555 👍👍 much appreciated.

Yeah I mainly play GT7 and your right the T-DFB (transducer only works on GT7 and sport)

So if I was to get the a 8nm Fanatec gt dd pro and play GT7 I wouldn't get the 3d effects as I do with the TGT, like being able to tell which side of the cars tyres are driving over rumble strips, losing/gaining traction ect.... I'l just feel a vibration through the wheelbase but not be able to tell where from like on the TGT, only visually? On the TGT I can feel where it's coming from like the front, rear ect,,,,,

I haven't had the chance to try a DD wheel so I don't know how different a DD is compared to gear and belt driven wheel, just from research i'v been doing because i'm wanting to upgrade but not sure whether to or not, I had the G29 then got a TGT and now a TGT 2 so i only know the difference between gear and belt.

I don't need the shaker effects no, just wanting to know if you can feel the same 3d feelings of what the cars doing on a Fanatec GT DD PRO 8NM like you can on the TGT 2 to, Trying to find this info to help me decide if it's worth going from the TGT 2 to a Fanatec GT DD PRO 8NM. I guess the only other option is a Logitech g pro with the true force but that wheel is sooooooooo expensive to justify right now.

Thanks for the reply Daz555 👍👍 much appreciated.

Yeah I mainly play GT7 and your right the T-DFB (transducer only works on GT7 and sport)

So if I was to get the a 8nm Fanatec gt dd pro and play GT7 I wouldn't get the 3d effects as I do with the TGT, like being able to tell which side of the cars tyres are driving over rumble strips, losing/gaining traction ect.... I'l just feel a vibration through the wheelbase but not be able to tell where from like on the TGT, only visually? On the TGT I can feel where it's coming from like the front, rear ect,,,,,

I haven't had the chance to try a DD wheel so I don't know how different a DD is compared to gear and belt driven wheel, just from research i'v been doing because i'm wanting to upgrade but not sure whether to or not, I had the G29 then got a TGT and now a TGT 2 so i only know the difference between gear and belt.

I don't need the shaker effects no, just wanting to know if you can feel the same 3d feelings of what the cars doing on a Fanatec GT DD PRO 8NM like you can on the TGT 2 to, Trying to find this info to help me decide if it's worth going from the TGT 2 to a Fanatec GT DD PRO 8NM. I guess the only other option is a Logitech g pro with the true force but that wheel is sooooooooo expensive to justify right now.
For GT Sport/7 - no I would not 'upgrade' to the DD Pro.

For every other game, yes I would.

I guess the only other option is a Logitech g pro with the true force but that wheel is sooooooooo expensive to justify right now.
They are not that different in price actually. I just checked on the Fanatic UK reseller site and the Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro Premium Bundle (includes boost kit and LC brake) is £1,280.40 including VAT and (I think) import tax. On the Logitech site the G Pro and pedal set are currently £1199.36 (if you use the discount code ALFREDOPRO). Both wheels are still very expensive of course.

I've recently changed to a G Pro from a G29 so there's quite a difference. As @Daz555 says the smoothness is immediately apparent with the greater strength and speed of movement giving that extra fidelity. I've not tried a TGT but the vibrotactile effects that Pro uses are similar I'd think. Probably better since it's more direct because it uses the motor instead of a transducer. I've not got GT7 but it seems from reports that you do get the 3D effects in the game that you mentioned. Plus it works on other supported games.

But the TGT2 is a good wheel, probably the king of the belt drives. While a DD wheel would be a upgrade I'm not sure the benefits would justify the expense.

They are not that different in price actually. I just checked on the Fanatic UK reseller site and the Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro Premium Bundle (includes boost kit and LC brake) is £1,280.40 including VAT and (I think) import tax. On the Logitech site the G Pro and pedal set are currently £1199.36 (if you use the discount code ALFREDOPRO). Both wheels are still very expensive of course.

I've recently changed to a G Pro from a G29 so there's quite a difference. As @Daz555 says the smoothness is immediately apparent with the greater strength and speed of movement giving that extra fidelity. I've not tried a TGT but the vibrotactile effects that Pro uses are similar I'd think. Probably better since it's more direct because it uses the motor instead of a transducer. I've not got GT7 but it seems from reports that you do get the 3D effects in the game that you mentioned. Plus it works on other supported games.

But the TGT2 is a good wheel, probably the king of the belt drives. While a DD wheel would be a upgrade I'm not sure the benefits would justify the expense.
Completely wrong, the DD Pro premium bundle is approx £900 shipped direct from Fanatec. And that price does include the UK VAT btw.

Last edited:
Completely wrong, the DD Pro premium bundle is approx £900 shipped direct from Fanatec. And that price does include the UK VAT btw.
If I'm wrong it's because it's this official reseller site is wrong then. Although I did think it was a little dear I didn't check direct since I'd assumed that would not include the additional payments, vat, shipping etc.

The reseller must add their own profit on top. If that is the case then it does make the DD Pro somewhat cheaper than the Logi. Not completely though. 😉

Still an expensive hobby either way!

Yeah that's where i was looking to order from, the official Fanatec website is much cheaper than the site ifandor mentioned. even on ebay the dd pro is going for over 1k, can get the 8nm bundle with load cell for approx £900 as you say. I'm just torn whether to upgrade from the tgt 2 with t-lcm pedals to DD Pro with load cell and then get the v3's at a later date, while those 3d effects are there with the tgt are they that beneficial enough not to upgrade to a gt dd pro or not. hopefully someone who's made the move from the tgt 2 to dd pro 8nm can comment and say whether it's worth it or not and what the pro's and cons are of doing so, i know dd is better on other sims than belt is but is dd better than dual belt with a transducer in gt7....🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Yeah that's where i was looking to order from, the official Fanatec website is much cheaper than the site ifandor mentioned. even on ebay the dd pro is going for over 1k, can get the 8nm bundle with load cell for approx £900 as you say. I'm just torn whether to upgrade from the tgt 2 with t-lcm pedals to DD Pro with load cell and then get the v3's at a later date, while those 3d effects are there with the tgt are they that beneficial enough not to upgrade to a gt dd pro or not. hopefully someone who's made the move from the tgt 2 to dd pro 8nm can comment and say whether it's worth it or not and what the pro's and cons are of doing so, i know dd is better on other sims than belt is but is dd better than dual belt with a transducer in gt7....🤷‍♂️
From what I've seen I wouldn't bother with the V3 pedals. If I was buying now I'd get the DD Pro wheelbase on it's own with V2 pedals and a wheel of choice.

I've just got the GT DD PRO, and it's not as magical as I would've thought.
I have not tried the tgt 2 but I was using the 500rs a few years ago the last time I had a rig and felt like I was not missing anything.

If you end up going with Fanatec, you can always add small transducers in your rig and basically get the TGT 2 effects through simhub.

Ultimately it comes down to if you are happy with your wheel or not.
GT pros like Serrano use TGT2, so it must be adequate enough to drive on the highest level.

Last edited:
From what I've seen I wouldn't bother with the V3 pedals. If I was buying now I'd get the DD Pro wheelbase on it's own with V2 pedals and a wheel of choice.
Good point. My friend has the V3 pedals and he also said they're not worth the money.
As stated, you can get the pedal rumble effects with your own transducers.

I've just got the GT DD PRO, and it's not as magical as I would've tghought.
Depends what game you're playing and how you tune the wheel. The FFB in GT7 is underwhelming imho, play ACC and it's totally different experience. Also Fanatecs recommended settings for GT7 are bad and haven't been updated in ages.

Depends what game you're playing and how you tune the wheel. The FFB in GT7 is underwhelming imho, play ACC and it's totally different experience. Also Fanatecs recommended settings for GT7 are bad and haven't been updated in ages.
Oh yeah that too!
I combed through the forums for settings even before I got the wheel. I tried yours but it was a bit too sharp for my tastes. Ended with something close to pirovacboys settings.

Btw. thanks for sharing the settings!

Ok thanks 👍👍 I'l look into them, not bothered about rumble effect of them, just the trail braking and accelerating side of pedals 👍

I've just got the GT DD PRO, and it's not as magical as I would've thought.
I have not tried the tgt 2 but I was using the 500rs a few years ago the last time I had a rig and felt like I was not missing anything.

If you end up going with Fanatec, you can always add small transducers in your rig and basically get the TGT 2 effects through simhub.

Ultimately it comes down to if you are happy with your wheel or not.
GT pros like Serrano use TGT2, so it must be adequate enough to drive on the highest level.
If you watch coques lopez video ( think thats how you spell it) he actually says the the dd pro is better but because they use the tgt in the live world tour events he's not going to change to it. Josette and the likes of kylian are on another level, not sure if thats the same reason the world tour drivers only use the tgt and not the gt dd pro or not, but still as you say it must be a good wheel, either way. Then at the same time you'v also got people like Wind on a t300 (world tour driver for sure when he's old enough), all aliens and rapid af, i will never be that fast so for me it's all about the enjoyment and trying to get the best feeling i can at home and have fun whilst doing it. I just hear alot of people say when they first try the gt dd pro it's like they are floating. for me it's all about the driving experience, i want to feel the road and not float on it, gt7's ffb is not the best, wouldn't want to make it any worse 🤣

That is true, i seen boosted media do a few reviews on some transducers you can add to the rig.

I'm happy with my tgt 2, just when you hear something is better and dd is the way to go, can't help but think should i move/upgrade to a dd from a belt drive or not.

I think Fanatec has done a great job with their marketing, sending their products to appropriate YouTubers. The community was also saturated with reviews of Fanatec's products, which were repeated everywhere. The low availability of their products added to the sense of exclusivity around Fanatec.

I had the opportunity to try the Logitech G Pro (unfortunately, there was an issue with the fan, so I returned it), and to be honest, TRUEFORCE provides the 3D sensations you're looking for in very high, pure quality. It's like the TGT2 transducer, but much, much better.

I really wanted to play, so I bought the TGT2, TLCM, 30cm Alcantara steering wheel, and I'm satisfied. The price is half that of Logitech's.

If I were in your position and had to recommend a "gamechanger," I would suggest the PSVR2 if you don't have it yet. And I would stick with the TGT2.

In my opinion, this steering wheel has received a lot of unwarranted hate.

So if you decide to upgrade your steering wheel in the future, I would recommend only the Logitech G Pro. I'll wait until the teething problems are ironed out, and probably in a year or two, maybe with the release of the GT8, I'll buy the Logitech.

I think Fanatec has done a great job with their marketing, sending their products to appropriate YouTubers. The community was also saturated with reviews of Fanatec's products, which were repeated everywhere. The low availability of their products added to the sense of exclusivity around Fanatec.

I had the opportunity to try the Logitech G Pro (unfortunately, there was an issue with the fan, so I returned it), and to be honest, TRUEFORCE provides the 3D sensations you're looking for in very high, pure quality. It's like the TGT2 transducer, but much, much better.

I really wanted to play, so I bought the TGT2, TLCM, 30cm Alcantara steering wheel, and I'm satisfied. The price is half that of Logitech's.

If I were in your position and had to recommend a "gamechanger," I would suggest the PSVR2 if you don't have it yet. And I would stick with the TGT2.

In my opinion, this steering wheel has received a lot of unwarranted hate.

So if you decide to upgrade your steering wheel in the future, I would recommend only the Logitech G Pro. I'll wait until the teething problems are ironed out, and probably in a year or two, maybe with the release of the GT8, I'll buy the Logitech.
What in game settings are you using for the TGT 2? I have mine setup in GT7 at 6 torque - 10 sensitivity, and I have the vibration set to 145.

Back