Is the Mazda 787B worth it to buy?

Philippines
where every politician is corrupt
tlc_o918
I'm currently planning to buy the 787B, as it is my favorite Rotary powered car.

so here are my questions

- Is it worth 1m credits?
- does it handle good?
- does have decent speed?

I am currently hovering at 1.5 mil and will buy the car when I get up to 2 mil

Last edited:
I bought all the Gr.C cars day one. However IMO the 787b is at best a middle pack Gr.C car and at worst, a meme back marker.

I would say that the Gr.C cars arent worth it simply because you cant make the 5 cars race in their own class. However they all drive great and its 'only' $5 mil. to own them all.

I would rather own these 5 cars than say the Gr.X Corvette concept.

I did a quick and dirty run of them all here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...g-circuit-de-spa-francorchamps.390607/page-11

They are worth it to me. Hell they are worth $10 mil. even.

Out of my 1,500 cars I think I received only the 787 and the R92 once for free so the game doesnt want to give you these at all.

If you could run a Gr.C only class in custom races it would be all I do.

If you forced me to pick one it would be the Nissan.

Last edited:
Definitely the loudest fun you can have in a race car, in this game.

I'm biased as Group C are my favorites. 787B is competitive in top speed. A long enough stretch sees it faster than the C9. It doesn't have the torque to out muscle the turbo and V12 cars.

Cockpit view is low. Not as good as the Porsche 962C(that has the best view out). However, you can watch your fuel gauge decrease and get a lap readout. The gear shift animation is visible and just watching the tachometer rise past 9000rpm is awesome.

I leave the standard livery 99% of the time. Maybe those that do elaborate liveries can chime in on level of livery difficulty.

Controlling wheel spin is something that needs to be practiced. I don't use TCS, but I do keep the ABS on default. Beautiful car to drive at any track. The bigger tracks like St Croix, give you more of a feel of the car than the all out La Sarthe.

Well worth the 1,000,000 Cr.

So it was going to be a 650S or an AMG GT at first, but then you wanted to know if you should buy a Beat on your way to buying a Veyron, and now you want to get a 787B even though you said that it would take you 10 months to earn enough for a GR.1 car....

Consider me :confused: and slightly perturbed.

The 787 sounds like a sewing machine gone nuts..... maybe it's my audio set-up, don't know.
I truly cannot drive the thing because it sounds so bad. Gets on my 🤬 after just one lap.
The Jag is much, much nicer.

Last edited:
So it was going to be a 650S or an AMG GT at first, but then you wanted to know if you should buy a Beat on your way to buying a Veyron, and now you want to get a 787B even though you said that it would take you 10 months to earn enough for a GR.1 car....

Consider me :confused: and slightly perturbed.

have you seen the line in the Beat poll, in where I said "my mind is basically exploded with car wishlists"?

and the 10 months thing was me before I discovered some life hacks

I must be drunk doing all this:lol:

Last edited:
Just play the game, do the GT Leagues, track experience, daily races, FIA races, time trials, lobbies etc., and buy them all. Worked for me, and now there's only a couple of 20M credit cars I need to have them all.

old school GR1, 250mph top speed, slow gear change. Good for power tracks - Monza, Sarthe
I do think the Pug 908 is even quicker though

787 is a real handful at the Ring - prefer 919 for that track

1m credit is not much to spend compared to the vintage cars at 15 - 20m

The Peugeot 908 and Audi R18 2011 are better, there's no doubt but these two cars have something like 15yrs advance on the Gr.C cars.

The LMP-H even more but as much as I like the diesel LMP era the old Gr.C drives nicer to me, I have an affinity for these older cars.

The Gr.C cars are slower than just about every other Gr.1 car, that's to be expected.

I also think the Gr.C cars are absolutely fine around the "Ring... I would say the diesel cars are a bit more manic... I find it hard to describe but the Gr.C cars drive 'heavier' and that stability suits me. There's a weight to everything and you have to be patient. The other modern LMPs I'm almost just too busy.

IMO the modern LMP-H cars almost drive like spaceships... they aint far off from the VGTs.

I'm thinking I'm deep under 6 mins on the "Ring in a Audi R18 2016! This is what I'm fastest in... but I enjoy the old Gr.C cars more.

Back