Is there Drafting in Forza3?

I'm still in the beginning stages of Forza3 but have not noticed any drafting. Is it actually in the game or did they take it out in order to not let it invalidate hotlap times?

It's definitely there.. I was messing around on LeMans a couple days ago, 2/3 of the way down the main straight, and some random race car (Supra, I think) is keeping up with my Bugatti at 230+mph, I couldn't believe it. I think he eventually hit the rev limiter because he fell back before the turn. But drafting is the only way I could think of how he would still be there.. every other lap, they don't stand a chance of keeping up.

I'm still in the beginning stages of Forza3 but have not noticed any drafting.

Me either. But you might notice it when you're using faster cars at a circuit with a fast lane (mostly real circuit).

It's there & yes, it will invalidate lap times, whether you or the AI, is doing it.

What is your feeling of invalidating times if the AI is doing it? I understand the reasoning behind it, but I don't feel it's necessary to invalidate when AI happens to get in your wind tunnel. Maybe it's just me. I never noticed that in FM2 I guess.

AtD94-[GT];3649096
Me either. But you might notice it when you're using faster cars at a circuit with a fast lane (mostly real circuit).

Drafting is deffinetly in FM3.

While not exactly like real life (where there is a small gain, FM3's is too big still) it is pretty close

What is your feeling of invalidating times if the AI is doing it? I understand the reasoning behind it, but I don't feel it's necessary to invalidate when AI happens to get in your wind tunnel. Maybe it's just me. I never noticed that in FM2 I guess.

There is an advantage for both cars so allowing players to use the advantage of having less drag (being the leading car) and not being penalised is against what the leaderboards are trying to do (well, t10 but you get the picture)

The only thing I don't understand, is why people have a whinge over invalid laptimes in races. It just makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
Back