Is this game still worth getting if you own Horizon 3?

• Thread starter PiotrGT
  • 9 comments
Poland
Poland
PiotrGT
I'm propably getting an Xbox One before Christmas. Along with Forza 6 and Horizon 3. I'm getting Horizon 3 because of open map and being what seems to be very fun game and Forza 6 for track racing. I was also thinking about Horizon 2. Actually I was thinking of getting it just for Volkswagens (majority of which are in Forza 6 though) and just because I can drive on the right side of the road like in my country (I sometimes like to just drive like I would do in real life). Other than that Horizon 3 seems like a huge improvement over Horizon 2. Also getting DLC for Horizon 2 doesn't make much sense now since majority of these cars are in the newer game and I'm not a person who can just buy it all. So what do you think?

If you can find it for cheap I say go for it. It's a completely different environment so it won't feel the same from that perspective, plus there's cars like the MX-5 Super 20 (probably my favorite car in FH2) that aren't in FH3 (yet at least). Plus it will help get you reward points.

I would also get FH1 if you can find a copy, it's backwards compatible and has quite a few cars that haven't been seen again.

I vote yes. FH2 is great fun, and the European locale is very photogenic. The game play is much different from FH1 and 3 as well. Get the Storm Island and Porsche expansions, too.

Definitely. From all Forza Horizons it's my favorite. The European setting is lovelly and the map is better than FH3 imho because you've got a better feeling of distance somewhat.

Get the expansions if you can also, like @Populuxe Cowboy said.

I couldn't enable the clutch, while playing the demo. I'm thinking between this and Sims4.

I did buy it. I also got the expansions, they were at very good price at the time. I got the Season Pass, Porsches and Storm Island, not everything but still a lot. It's a different atmosphere, map is beautiful and it's nice to play even though most of the cars are in the next game (and most of those that aren't are in the DLCs I didn't get with Season Pass). If anyone thinks about getting it I would also say, go for it.

This is a great game. Yes you get that copy paste feeling with the cars/customizations. This game IS known to be good. Many people like it. Not like how people that believe games like Payback is better. That is the extreme minority. Why would anyone NOT want this game? Folks that has been around would think that these Forza makers are lazy and quickly to throw out the next installment. I see them as that but I still buy their games even though I know they are absolutely not giving it their 100%. For newcomers to Forza this game should be very damn good.

Just downloaded the game lastnite. The physics is different from fh3(using a wheel), but I like it. I can feel wheel slip more, and I'm actually able to hold a decent slide(unlike in h3). The gate shifter and clutch work fine. All its missing is the "steering linearity" tab from h3. I solved this by raising the inside steering dead zone by 2.

I only buy cars that fit the setting, so no muscle cars in nice for me.
I was gonna get the Porsche pack, but decided the rufs are perfectly fine, considering the best porsche in the pack to me is the rs4.0, which is basically the ruf ctr,

I'm loving the scenery, definitely a change from h3). I'm actually researching the city of nice, just to get used to the landmarks (my favorite part of video games now a days, using them in a educational way). Needless to say I'm loving the game.

Last edited:
I strongly recommend getting the Storm Island expansion. The weather and scenery are both breath taking.

My only complaint with FH2 was the lack of French cars. They were kind of light on the Italian cars, too. It seems they could have done a lot more getting cars from the very countries the game was taking place in. It's bizarre that a game that takes place in France doesn't have any Peugeots or Citroëns in it, and only a few Renaults. But it was their first Horizon on the XB1, so I'm guessing they were concentrating on making sure it worked, rather than getting some more European cars in the game.

I decided to dust off of my copy of FH2 and play it last night. Still quite a few people playing, which was nice to see. It was a nice reprieve whilst waiting for the new car pack in FH7. Definitely worth picking back up and playing.

Back