Is this grip glitch for real?

The enter-exit-enter glitch? I didn't pick up any time. I attribute the myth to changing TC settings that the user was unaware of. Nothing to see here, move along.

I was suspicious of the glitch as well...However, after running Round 2 for 2 hours and being stuck in the 1'23.5-1'23.7 range, I decided to try the glitch. I was then able to run a 1'22.7 after just 2 laps. At first I thought I had run a 1'23.7 because the lap didn't feel as fast as some of my pre-glitch laps. I'd say the glitch helps knock off a second or so.

It exists unfortunately. It's less pronounced in the Brands Hatch event than the Silverstone one because the car is more grippy and the laptime is shorter, but it's still there.

To the doubters: just because you can't feel it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And FYI, TC does not add grip.

Its not cheating its a problem with the event. Not one that seems is going to be fixed at any rate. Just load up GTA then exit and reload it again.

Yea I too am in the 1:25 range and I tried the glitch and i beat my old time by a tenth and that only took a couple of laps so I reckon I'll try and spend some more time on it.
I was suspicious of the glitch as well...However, after running Round 2 for 2 hours and being stuck in the 1'23.5-1'23.7 range, I decided to try the glitch. I was then able to run a 1'22.7 after just 2 laps. At first I thought I had run a 1'23.7 because the lap didn't feel as fast as some of my pre-glitch laps. I'd say the glitch helps knock off a second or so.
Yea I am in the same time range as you and I tried it as well and knocked off a few tenths from my last time after a few goes so I will try and spend some more time on it just to see if it is true. It could also be used as a placebo too eh! Cheers and hope to see you guys at the live rounds!!

I was doubting it myself even after Tidgney brought it up in his video. 2 days ago I was struggling to even come close to match my PR. Then this morning I somehow matched my PR on my first complete lap. Last year there was a SW update before the final round. They better do the same this year and fix this. You should be able to tell if the grip level is optimal in the first turn. It is obvious to me now as I am using immortals ghost.

The enter-exit-enter glitch? I didn't pick up any time. I attribute the myth to changing TC settings that the user was unaware of. Nothing to see here, move along.

Yes, because some of the top GT drivers in the world wouldn't notice that they left TC on, and as everyone knows, TC can lose you a second a lap. :lol:

I was stuck on a 22.9 for an hour. exited out went back in and ran a 22.5 on my first lap. Unfortunately its 100 percent real.

I have a glitch where the car wont break around the first corner (by the lap time started). I haven't been able to do any of GT Academy lately.

If running GTA is the first thing you do when launching GT6 it is not a glitch. Try to run another race before that.

I have a glitch where the car wont break around the first corner (by the lap time started). I haven't been able to do any of GT Academy lately.

When you start the race, press the brake and hold for a second. You usually can manage before "start". AFAIK this only applies if you have a wheel though.

Back