Is This the Complete Forza 7 Track List? (UPDATE: YUP)

I've not once seen 122. I've seen 200+ Stated literally everywhere, and even then that was stated to not be including the weather/tod variants.

Motorsport 6 with every environment and layout (individually counted without night racing and/or rain layouts) has 28 environments and 112 layouts.

Motorsport 7's new additions are four environments and nine layouts, so therefore: 32 environments and 122 layouts.

Last edited:
Motorsport 6 with every environment and layout (individually counted without night racing and/or rain layouts) has 28 environments and 112 layouts.

Motorsport 7's new additions are four environments and nine layouts, so therefore: 32 environments and 121 layouts.

How closely have you been following things?:odd:

Forza Motorsport 7 features more than 700 ForzaVista cars to collect, race and customize and 30 racing environments with more than 200 ribbons.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_e3_announce

Motorsport 7's new additions are four environments and nine layouts, so therefore: 32 environments and 121 layouts.
So you're just ignoring everything that was said about that, it looks like. Not only that, how are you so sure the exact count of the layouts from the new environments? Whatever the case, it's 200+ not counting the weather/tod variants. It's what has been stated from the source, so until we see otherwise we need not to guess, to be honest.

We've known since E3 there wasn't going to me much new content in the track department (they announced 30+ tracks, which doesn't leave much room for additional tracks over FM6, especially since they also announced Mugello, Maple Valley and Suzuka at the same time). Don't blame T10 for your own lack of investigating.

My "own lack of investigating" is not responsible for the poor track selection. T10 are.

My "own lack of investigating" is not responsible for the poor track selection. T10 are.
That aside, your original point was a bit odd. You said you paid 100 euro for one new track, yet this game is coming with more than tracks. You sound concerned about your money, so it's odd that you didn't look into it before hand regardless.

The track selection isn't poor, it's just not much completely new within it.

And again, we've known since E3 that the track list wasn't going to be much larger than FM6. That left 2 options:

1) They cut some tracks in order to add new ones.

2) All FM6 tracks are returning with only a couple new ones.

The fact you apparently weren't aware of these being the two possibilities isn't T10's fault, they've been upfront on the track count since the unveiling. The fact you've purchased something without fully knowing what you are getting is 100% your fault in this case as I've seen nothing deceptive about T10's marketing when it comes to track count.

It was stated by them or in one of their articles that the 200 ribbons in the game is not counting any weather or time of day variant. It is strictly individual ribbons.

That's new info to me, any link to where they stated that?

Going from an estimated +/- 120 to 200+ without reusing layouts for different weather or ToD would be great, but it would be far fetched to get this. All T10 fictional tracks (apart from airfield) already have all the reverse circuits, for real life circuits I don't think it's even allowed for licensing reasons. And they don't miss that many tracks for all the circuits in the game to be honest.

Still it is possible, just on the Nurburgring alone you can already have 14 different modern configurations judging by the info on http://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/germany/nurburgring.html#.WZjGlygjGUk. FM6 only had 3 of those. I'd like to see a few more used like the sprintstrecke, the Mullenbach schleife, the VLN circuit (= sprintstrecke + Nordschleife combined) but all 14 is a bit overkill for sure.

The question is though, do you really want all those combinations? Many real world circuits have a sports car GP circuit and a slightly different motorcycle GP circuit. Often the difference between both is in the little details, like on the Nurburging the chicane before the last corner can be taken via the F1 chicane (the first one, used in FM6) or the motorcycle chicane (second one, not used in FM6). Since we don't have bikes in FM7 I couldn't care less for the motorcycle variants tbh.

Having too many layouts that are almost identical isn't optimal either as it clusters the leaderboards and the circuit location might start to appear too much in lobbies.

Still, if they have been revamping all the existing circuits and add some missing configurations that sure would be nice. We already saw they use the resurfaced 2016 version of Watkins Glen, let's just hope the old one doesn't stay in anymore as just a different color of tarmac doesn't justify keeping both versions IMO.

Some historical versions of tracks would be great as well.

but all 14 is a bit overkill for sure.
Nonsense, Bring on all 14!

The question is though, do you really want all those combinations?
Yes.

Many real world circuits have a sports car GP circuit and a slightly different motorcycle GP circuit. Often the difference between both is in the little details,
Personally I would be OK with having a bunch of subtle variants to hit that 200+ ribbon mark.

The only problem I have with using other layouts is that in FM6 they seemingly haven't gone back and brought the smaller parts up to par. For example the chicane at Road America is noticeably lower quality than the rest of the track (which is outdated in itself).

The only problem I have with using other layouts is that in FM6 they seemingly haven't gone back and brought the smaller parts up to par. For example the chicane at Road America is noticeably lower quality than the rest of the track (which is outdated in itself).
Theoretically, they have wisened up, and now model the entire track at once...and maybe remodeled all the old tracks for 4k?
Hopefully, anyway.

I'm only counting 25 locations in FM6, is that the original count?

Are we talking about BADNED on NeoGAF?
"The official ribbon count has never included weather variations as part of the total amount of ribbons the game features"
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=240957054&postcount=602

I don't recall any other info on this matter. Maybe I've missed it.

Ok thanks for the link. I've tried to backtrack that info to FM6 to check it out there but I couldn't immediately find any official info on FM6's ribbon count. However, I found a third party article from June 2015 (just after E3 for FM6) where it reads FM6 will have over 100 ribbons :
The 26 world-famous locations will introduce over 100 ribbons in Forza Motorsport 6.
source : http://www.icxm.net/x/Forza-Motorsport-6-E3-2015-Features.html

So I assume that 100+ ribbon info comes from E3 2015 and indeed, they did not count the weather variations there or else they would have said over 130 (or whatever count).

Really curious to see what all has been added as starting from what's in FM6 a LOT will need to be added to reach 200+.

Actually it doesn't match in FM6, I just rechecked the circuits in game.

FM6 currently has 103 ribbons if you exclude the night and rain maps, but that is with VIR (7) and Miami (6) included. If you deduct those, FM6 had exactly 90 unique ribbons at launch.

Without the DLC circuits this is how FM6 looked at launch:
* 90 unique ribbons (FYI - running the same layout in reverse counts as unique as well)
* 22 extra rain maps from Brands Hatch (2), Spa (1), Le Mans (3), Nurburgring (3), Sebring (3), Silverstone (3), Top Gear (7)
* 18 extra night maps from Spa (1), Daytona (3), Le Mans (3), Nurburgring (3), Sebring (3), Yas Marina (5)

For the record: Miami had 6 extra rain maps as well, VIR had 7 extra rain and night maps.

So it depends what you define as "weather" I suppose, whoever said FM6 would have over 100 ribbons at launch must have included the night maps into that number as well, if you add the normal maps and night maps together you get 90+18=108 ribbons at FM6 launch which fits in that 100+ statement.

It was stated by them or in one of their articles that the 200 ribbons in the game is not counting any weather or time of day variant. It is strictly individual ribbons.
It was stated by Badned over at Forzacentral.

He does not work for Turn 10 but seems to have contacts either at Turn 10 or Xbox. When I asked an ex Turn 10 staff member about Badned he said that his primary contact left Turn 10 around the time of Forza Motorsport 3. If Badned has a source I suspect it'll be at Xbox (possibly one of the regional branches like Xbox Germany), though most of his comments are based on reasonable assumptions that anyone without sources can plausibly come up with.

Still it is possible, just on the Nurburgring alone you can already have 14 different modern configurations judging by the info on http://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/germany/nurburgring.html#.WZjGlygjGUk. FM6 only had 3 of those. I'd like to see a few more used like the sprintstrecke, the Mullenbach schleife, the VLN circuit (= sprintstrecke + Nordschleife combined) but all 14 is a bit overkill for sure.
Some extra layouts were available in older Forza games: Short (Nurb GP) and Stage A, B, C & D for the Nordschleife. These could come back, maybe along with two bonus GT variants and the VLN endurance layout, as you said.

So many tracks, so few cars to drive around... There's no perfect game it seems. Both are still light years ahead of the Real Rosso Corsa Simulator in terms of content though. :lol:

About 200 cars is "so few to drive around"? :confused::confused::confused: Let's not forget that Forza counts livery dupes as cars as well, if SMS would do that they would have easily have 800+ cars because they have hundreds of beautiful racing liveries. ;)

Also, I prefer quality of quantity. PCARS2 barely has any boring cars, Forza has quite a lot of them. Actually the most boring car in PCARS 2 would be the Ford F-150 RTR "Funhaver" and that is already a much more appealing car than any version of the three F-150s you find in FM7 IMO.

Still, as a car collecting nerd I enjoy Forza for what it is as well. You want a game with every generation of BMW M3? Every generation of Mazda MX-5? Forza it is. But pure authentic racing fun on consoles? That ball so far seems to be in the other camp.

About 200 cars is "so few to drive around"? :confused::confused::confused: Let's not forget that Forza counts livery dupes as cars as well, if SMS would do that they would have easily have 800+ cars because they have hundreds of beautiful racing liveries. ;)
There is a handful of the 700+ cars in the game that are going to be duplicates. It's not really that many. It's unfortunate, but it is not as big a deal as your making it. However, I do not think 200 is a small amount either way, as long as the variety is there.

Also, I prefer quality of quantity. PCARS2 barely has any boring cars, Forza has quite a lot of them. Actually the most boring car in PCARS 2 would be the Ford F-150 RTR "Funhaver" and that is already a much more appealing car than any version of the three F-150s you find in FM7 IMO.
The boring cars is one of the aspects I like the most. In fact, I wish there was more. I don't really agree about the F-150 RTR, it is quite an ugly thing to look at, although so is the Shelby in Forza. I prefer the original Raptor over these modified versions.

About 200 cars is "so few to drive around"? Let's not forget that Forza counts livery dupes as cars as well, if SMS would do that they would have easily have 800+ cars because they have hundreds of beautiful racing liveries. ;)

Livery dupes count for significantly less than 1/4 of FM6's total count. It doesn't quadruple the count. There also isn't as much of a need to include every livery in a game with a livery editor where the community can contribute.

:lol:

While PCARS2's list is small compared to FM7's, there's plenty of cars I want to drive in it. It's a pretty inspired list, especially compared to another game coming with a similarly sized roster. The variety is impressive.

And again, we've known since E3 that the track list wasn't going to be much larger than FM6. That left 2 options:

1) They cut some tracks in order to add new ones.

2) All FM6 tracks are returning with only a couple new ones.

The fact you apparently weren't aware of these being the two possibilities isn't T10's fault, they've been upfront on the track count since the unveiling. The fact you've purchased something without fully knowing what you are getting is 100% your fault in this case as I've seen nothing deceptive about T10's marketing when it comes to track count.

You don't understand the central point that I am making. It doesn't matter whether I was aware or not of T10's intentions. Perhaps I should have done a bit more investigation, but there is no obligation on me to do so.

The fact remains that only one new track (which hasn't featured on the FM series before) isn't much to get excited about.

It's a perfect valid point to make. A number of posters on this thread have also expressed disappointment.

Don't try to start World War Three over it.

That aside, your original point was a bit odd. You said you paid 100 euro for one new track, yet this game is coming with more than tracks. You sound concerned about your money, so it's odd that you didn't look into it before hand regardless.

The track selection isn't poor, it's just not much completely new within it.

You are right that the track selection isn't poor - as it stands. It's just that it is almost identical to the previous game. I made the foolish assumption that a "new" game would offer a "new" experience.

You are right that the track selection isn't poor - as it stands. It's just that it is almost identical to the previous game. I made the foolish assumption that a "new" game would offer a "new" experience.
Yes, I know what you're saying. if the price and experience is specifically tied to the tracks and only the tracks, then I suppose that can be true.

Back