Is This the Complete Forza 7 Track List? (UPDATE: YUP)

Pretty good track list. Nice to see Suzuka back in after all the supposed grumblings about licensing favoring local devs in Japan. The Top Gear Test Track returning may suggest that the partnership is still ongoing despite all the recent changes with the show itself.

After FH3's livestream with The Grand Tour, I was kind of half expecting the TG track to be replaced with The Grand Tour's track. Not that I'm complaining much about that.

I want to try the Jebel Hafeet track in Dubai though.

The Top Gear Test Track returning may suggest that the partnership is still ongoing despite all the recent changes with the show itself.

Did anything ever indicate that Turn 10 had cut their ties to BBC? Chris Evans did the voiceover for the FM6 Top Gear DLC. That guy got sacked eventually but Top Gear is still alive.

I don't know the cost for Mugello but the licensing for Suzuka is so high SMS didn't want to pay such a high price for it.

To be fair Suzuka could very well have different asking prices for different developers.

Granted I do agree there are many other tracks I would rather have as Suzuka doesn't do much for me.

Did anything ever indicate that Turn 10 had cut their ties to BBC?

They had a The Grand Tour event in FH3 shortly after it released, I'm guessing that's why people thought Top Gear would be absent in FM7.

It has now been confirmed as the final list on Xbox.com.

https://news.xbox.com/2017/08/18/fm7-track-list-revealed/

One interesting part that at least hints at varying time frames (probably not dynamic):

"Those dynamic conditions extend to time of day too. Turn 10 is building on the sky technology that was first seen in Forza Horizon 3, capturing real skies that bring life, motion, and color to every track in the game. "

@SlipZtrEm

One interesting part that at least hints at varying time frames (probably not dynamic):

"Those dynamic conditions extend to time of day too. Turn 10 is building on the sky technology that was first seen in Forza Horizon 3, capturing real skies that bring life, motion, and color to every track in the game. "
That very much does sound like dynamic TOD. If it isn't in, than that's going to be a very misleading statement.

That very much does sound like dynamic TOD. If it isn't in, than that's going to be a very misleading statement.
It's still somewhat ambiguous, and can mean that time shifts between a set range (afternoon to evening for example).

When I think of "Dynamic Time of Day" I think of the ability to go through an entire 24 hour time cycle in a single race, either in real time or accelerated.

It's still somewhat ambiguous, and can mean that time shifts between a set range (afternoon to evening for example).

When I think of "Dynamic Time of Day" I think of the ability to go through an entire 24 hour time cycle in a single race, either in real time or accelerated.
I don't think that there has to be an option for a condensed 24hr cycle in a race to consider it dynamic time of day. IMO as long as the time of day changes through the course of the race then it's dynamic.

It doesn't need to go through a condensed 24hr cycle to be dynamic IMO, but a full 24hr cycle should be possible should it be a condensed cycle or that someone actually sets up a proper 24hr race.

What an amazing track list! So many real world circuits that I like.

Yeah, but the problem is that it is almost the same as the track list in FM6.

I forked out almost 100 Euro for a pre-order FM7 bundle. If I had got this info beforehand I would have had second thoughts. I seem to be paying 100 euro for just one new track (more or less).

I forked out almost 100 Euro for a pre-order FM7 bundle. If I had got this info beforehand I would have had second thoughts. I seem to be paying 100 euro for just one new track (more or less).

You're not the only one thinking it. I'm just glad I didn't preorder.

Thanks to Amazon initially not getting the price of the Ultimate Edition right (it was $79.99 when I pre-ordered, now it's $99.99) and Prime savings, I'm only paying $67 for it. Good thing too since 99% of what we've seen isn't new content. Forza 7 is a great time to get into the series for newcomers but for a lot of us here who have been playing Forza for years, we need something fresh so we have a reason to keep buying the games.

I'm really hoping whatever Turn 10 has for Gamescom makes up for what's been a pretty underwhelming reveal so far. And while the incident with Toyota isn't their fault, it certainly hasn't helped things either. We really need to see something that will increase morale.

Thanks to Amazon initially not getting the price of the Ultimate Edition right (it was $79.99 when I pre-ordered, now it's $99.99) and Prime savings, I'm only paying $67 for it. Good thing too since 99% of what we've seen isn't new content. Forza 7 is a great time to get into the series for newcomers but for a lot of us here who have been playing Forza for years, we need something fresh so we have a reason to keep buying the games.

I'm really hoping whatever Turn 10 has for Gamescom makes up for what's been a pretty underwhelming reveal so far. And while the incident with Toyota isn't their fault, it certainly hasn't helped things either. We really need to see something that will increase morale.
Known also as FIFA effect, what will be the new celebrations in game. They can't do something different in just two years. I still hope they will change the Forzatech engine. Even if the game looks great, I would like to see Forza with the lighting system of GT. (And nothing more)

Yet the same old questions still stand after reading the article.
Indeed. I was reading the article posted by ISR.tv and the author seemed quite sure about a full day/night cycle:
"Moreover, all tracks can be driven at dynamic times of day. Like iRacing, Turn 10 has therefore implemented the possibility to experience daylight, sunset, pitch-black night and sunrise in one race."
..but I'm not that sure. If a full 24hrs cycle is featured, then I'd be certainly more interested in Forza 7.

We've known since E3 there wasn't going to me much new content in the track department (they announced 30+ tracks, which doesn't leave much room for additional tracks over FM6, especially since they also announced Mugello, Maple Valley and Suzuka at the same time). Don't blame T10 for your own lack of investigating.

Last edited:

Well if you're only buying the game and associating the price with tracks, and tracks specifically, then yeah I suppose so.

Indeed. I was reading the article posted by ISR.tv and the author seemed quite sure about a full day/night cycle:
"Moreover, all tracks can be driven at dynamic times of day. Like iRacing, Turn 10 has therefore implemented the possibility to experience daylight, sunset, pitch-black night and sunrise in one race."
..but I'm not that sure. If a full 24hrs cycle is featured, then I'd be certainly more interested in Forza 7.

If that is true, then I don't know why Turn 10 continues to be vague. Maybe we'll get more precise details from Cologne next week. Anything less would be a failure.

A cloud moving is techically dynamic time of day . Either way im a car lover and gamer so these little "hiccups" dont bother me at all.

A cloud moving is techically dynamic time of day . Either way im a car lover and gamer so these little "hiccups" dont bother me at all.
In the most literal sense, I suppose. However, I'm sure most people associate it to time change, not a dynamic instance on a set time frame. It's all too vague right now, although, I'm sure we'd find out more about it closer towards release.

Quotes from this article : https://news.xbox.com/2017/08/18/fm7-track-list-revealed/

On "dynamic weather" in FM7 :

There’s no such thing as a simple “rain” setting in Forza Motorsport 7. Not for Sebring or the Nürburgring, or Brands Hatch, or any other track where wet conditions are available. Instead, the team has created a system that can smoothly transition through multiple weather conditions per track, and those conditions can (and often will) change throughout a race.

I think this is quite clear how it works now. Think of FM6 which had rain maps for a limited amount of tracks. In FM7 those rain maps from FM6 have been replaced by "wet conditions" maps where you get a dynamic rain system that will make the wet conditions on the track dynamic. Most likely all that without any form of strategic tyre changing from slicks to wets or intermediates like in other games. Still, a decent step up from the static puddles and rain in FM6.

On "dynamic time of day" in FM7 :

Those dynamic conditions extend to time of day too. Turn 10 is building on the sky technology that was first seen in Forza Horizon 3, capturing real skies that bring life, motion, and color to every track in the game. Check out the screenshot of the observation tower at the Circuit of the Americas against a darkening sky – one glance is all it takes to recognize a Texas sky at dusk. Even Laguna Seca – a track that has been in Forza Motorsport since the very first game; a track that all of us have driven hundreds, if not thousands of laps on – feels completely new in Forza Motorsport 7.

Two important things here:
1) that darkening sky - this really hints that the light/dark conditions of a track can change which for sure is a lot more already than what I was hoping for from the previous news.
2) Whatever they are doing, it's building up from the FH3 skies and it will be for every track in the game. That is already a lot more than I expected as well.

I'm starting to believe their Forzatech engine for FM7 will be capable of showing every track in various light/dark conditions, the question still remains just how will that be implemented in the game. And it will be something simple since this game can't be too advanced because Dan wants everyone including young kids to be able to play it. With Forza races typically lasting 3 laps for a GP circuit, I think at best you will see time speed accelerated so that during your typical 3 laps you will see a modest change from day to night or night to day.

Also something to take into account is the following : (from: https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/games/fm7/features)

Master 30 racing environments with over 200 ribbons, Forza’s largest track list ever.

If you leave all the different weather condition track ribbons out of scope, then FM6 has exactly 102 ribbons. That is every circuit configuration out there with reverse tracks as well, leaving all the rain and night maps out.

Mugello will probably have 2 layouts, Suzuka 3, Maple Valley 4 and let's use Rio as a reference for Dubai and say that one has 10. That's a total of about 121 ribbons in FM7 (without any weather taken into account). So either way, there will be different copies of "conditions" of tracks again or else they never make that 200+ count.

Some tracks will have these new "wet conditions" version of the rain maps from FM6 but I honestly don't think it would be so many tracks that this will be enough to push that 119 over 200. So I think the types of maps will be this :

* daytime (all maps)
* nighttime (some maps)
* wet conditions (some maps)
(Dan already confirming on Twitter that night racing will be back in FM7 is a decent hint for night time maps as well)

That's pretty much the same as in FM6 except rain is replaced with wet conditions. If they do it that way then yes I can see them reaching over 200 ribbons. But this still does not take dynamic time of day into account and I honestly don't really have a clue how it will be handled. I think this might even be an "on/off" switch under game settings because you could apply dynamic time of day to each of those 3 map types.

Last edited:
If you leave all the different weather condition track ribbons out of scope, then FM6 has exactly 102 ribbons. That is every circuit configuration out there with reverse tracks as well, leaving all the rain and night maps out.

Mugello will probably have 2 layouts, Suzuka 3, Maple Valley 4 and let's use Rio as a reference for Dubai and say that one has 10. That's a total of about 121 ribbons in FM7 (without any weather taken into account). So either way, there will be different copies of "conditions" of tracks again or else they never make that 200+ count.

Some tracks will have these new "wet conditions" version of the rain maps from FM6 but I honestly don't think it would be so many tracks that this will be enough to push that 119 over 200. So I think the types of maps will be this :
It was stated by them or in one of their articles that the 200 ribbons in the game is not counting any weather or time of day variant. It is strictly individual ribbons.

It was stated by them or in one of their articles that the 200 ribbons in the game is not counting any weather or time of day variant. It is strictly individual ribbons.
So where are all the extra ribbons coming from? I think it would be cool to offer up more ribbons by finally allowing for reverse versions of the real world circuits. But I'm not sure if the reason they haven't is due to track licensing not allowing it. Either way, If that 200+ ribbon statement is true not including TOD and Weather variation then there is a lot of variety there.

So where are all the extra ribbons coming from? I think it would be cool to offer up more ribbons by finally allowing for reverse versions of the real world circuits. But I'm not sure if the reason they haven't is due to track licensing not allowing it. Either way, If that 200+ ribbon statement is true not including TOD and Weather variation then there is a lot of variety there.
It was said that they never even had the full amounts of ribbons available from each track that was in FM6 in the first place, so we'll probably see lots of tracks with very slight variations lol.

I think this may be a slight hint to dynamic time of day (read the first sentence):

Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 5.03.11 AM.png

From: https://news.xbox.com/2017/08/18/fm7-track-list-revealed/

And by the way there's 32 environments and 121 layouts overall for the game. This'll obviously increase with expansions, and chances between slim and none (like how they did it with Motorsport 5), game updates.

Could this mean that a system for dynamic time of day (complete 24-hour cycle) is going to be implemented on all tracks? If so, then Motorsport 7 will probably be among no doubt, one of the best racing games ever, even if it has some flaws such as the lack of Toyota, Lexus and Scion road cars and very little additions to content (such as only seven new cars introduced for the game) and the track list as mentioned, with the "new" tracks being three returning tracks (Maple Valley, Mugello and Suzuka) with the only one that's really new being the one in Dubai.

(EDIT: It's actually 121 layouts, I've listed everything down and re-counted them.)

Last edited:
And by the way there's 32 environments and 122 layouts overall for the game.
I've not once seen 122. I've seen 200+ Stated literally everywhere, and even then that was stated to not be including the weather/tod variants.

Assuming the cloud is moving dynamically and not on a pre-set trajectory, I'd class that as dynamic weather over time of day. If you tihnk about it, clouds move due to the wind, wind is a factor of weather not time.

If it was the sun moving across the sky however, that would be representing time.

Anyway, that's me being pedantic, I'm just grateful I'm going be able to enjoy Forza 7 on my laptop.

Back