Is this worth a buy

• Thread starter testorz
  • 17 comments
United States
Louisville KY USA
phade2blaq
I'm still on the fence about Project Cars but I do want something different to play other than GT6 so is it worth a buy?

What platform would you be looking at. Right now the PC version is the more bug free and stable of the three but there should be a patch within the next week or so that clears up many of the problems especially on the PS4 where people are having issues with their wheels and saving setups.

A lot of your answer will depend on what you enjoy most about your racing games. If you are really into having tons of cars and being able to earn credits to collect those cars and add upgrades to them then you may find it lacking.

If you are more into the driving/racing aspect and want more true to life feel then you will like it a lot.

Personally I really like the collecting aspect of GT and Forza. I also like upgrading/building the cars but even without those features I still have been enjoying pCars a lot.

Only you can decide if it's worth buying but i will say this.

If you've been unfortunate enough to be stuck with just GT for your racing fix and you can live with all the bugs that are going to more than likely take several patches to iron out then project cars will be like a breath of fresh air compared to GT.

Basically this. It's not perfect but no games are all things to all players. My only frustration with it was the early controller problem that has now been patched.

Just do it! I guess physical copies will be available second-hand now so you could look for one of those, there's no "paid pass" for the online features.

Well, we do not get GT7 this year so I would say just wait for a deal or something. You can probably get the game with all addons for a the same or lesser price around Christmas time 💡

I bought pcars on pc using a G27 wheel. I must stress that I'm a realist and dynamics are very important to me. Once I got the wheel setup properly, learned to set up the cars properly, I was in racing heaven. The ai isn't perfect, but it's the best I've ever encountered. The fact that you can qualify for your starting position is fantastic, or if you just want to check out you setup in a quick race, you can specify your position.

The bottom line is, it's the best racing sim I've ever encountered!

x1000. I've already spent over 300 hours having fun on this game (PC version).
That's a pretty good ROI for what I spent.

IMO, definitely worth it.

Have not really done much career yet, but I give it a big yes, with a wheel it is pretty amazing, now if they would just improve photomode.

If you're on a console then leave it for a year or two, maybe they'll have fixed it by then.

Yeah it's worth a purchase, no huge issues remain in the game (I play mostly offline). It's the first racing game where I actually feel like I am racing the Ai and not just overtaking from last place like another popular game on this website.

I play on the ps4 and have to say, other than the Ai being too quick in the rain and on one occasion the Ai running an impossibly quick qualifying lap I haven't run into any other issues.

No, it won't. They released version 2 rather early. I doubt there will be version 4 or so. But Pcars2 will likely be released in 2017.
You can see into the future?:odd:

I am wondering whether you can buy this on steam, download it and then play it without an internet connection.
Yes you can, but with the usual caveats of no leaderboards, online features etc.

Back