Is'nt this game some what of a health issue?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr.Snowman
  • 64 comments
  • 4,932 views
Linketh
hahaha i sense a circle jerk starting up...lmao! silver ps2's kick ass. mines jus tplain black though :(


lol, i thought silver ones kinda sucked, because it lost its cool moodiness. silver ones feel like a cheap piece of plastic, anyway, i can't sit for long, by ass goes too numb and its annoying to walk after that. :indiff:
 
It could be a health issue for me if my wife would ever get upset because I have spent a small fortune on my PS2.
This is what I have bought ever since I first got my grubby hands on the Japanese GT4 Demo.

1. Magic 3.1 Modchip + Installation
2. Network Adapter
3. 120 GB Maxtor Hard Drive
4. HDLoader Software
(These items made it possible/easier to play the Demo, and not the final release of GT4)

5. Cool Transparent Blue cover with Flip Top for PS2 (not necessary, but that’s what I get for browsing around the Internet)
6. Swap Magic Disk Set (haven’t used these yet, but as above, they are available if they ever become necessary)
7. Driving Force Pro
8. Monster Game Link 400 Component Cables
9. Belkin 16' USB Extension Cable (F3U13016)

That’s got to be over $500 total and does not include the time that I’ve spent on creating/modifying my cheap cockpit.
Good thing I already had a DVD burner and an HDTV. I have completed all License Tests with Gold Trophies, and I am
only lacking Mission 34 as we speak, but I just hope that my little gold mine, my PS2, doesn’t explode when I finally get
to the endurance races.

 
I did 3 super speedway endurance races in a row on GT3 and actually managed to get nerve damage in my thumb from holding down X. I couldn't feel parts of my thumb for over a week.
 
Hey, My thumb feels like that right now!!

spykerdriver
I don't think i've gone to the bathroom in 48 hours

LOL!! Don't you guys ever change your oil? ;) Well, when you change your oil, change YOUR oil. When I make pit stops, I make pit stops. Are you following me here? Eat, pee, sleep (I even do sets of pushups and situps) while you're getting your oil changed or pitting in. Although I don't recommend visiting the bathroom (WC, lav--whatever) while you pit--that's more of an oil change thing--you can get caught with you pants down!! :dunce:
 
Uh, guys, the start button is your friend. Pause, hommies, pause!
 
WHile away at school, this game has cause me to miss dinner more then once, then im starving at 3 am and playing gt. But pulling perfect times keeps my mind off food.
 
I missed playing Halo 2 with kids from my school by texting one of them to wait 4 me for 5 more minutes and guess what? 5 hours later, I'm still not there! :dopey: before [PGR2] had my life and my PS2 was dusty, but now GT4 took over and the tables have turned, also my Duke Controller and MC2 Xbox Exclusive Wheel broke and all I am left with is a small crappy Controller S in dark clear blue. I hate the darn thing, but when April 2nd, 2005 rolls around 'ill have 1 more year to drive a real car and may get a DFP and Duke Controller! so I'll go back and forth, drifting with a Ford Focus RS on both games. I have a problem huh?
 
i did the nurburgring 24 hour race on a slim ps2 (in a spec of course) and i just kept a window open in my room and it stayed very cool, didnt get too hot
 
I put my slim PS2 on "stilts". No problem whatsoever with heat as of now.
 
My slim PS2 has been actually running rather well, ever since I purchased the Verticle stand. It heats up after about a hour of playing, but when I have it on for about 5 hours ( I don't play constantly for 5 hours obviously :lol: I usually tend to get some food and not come back for about 20 minutes. ) but the PS2 cools off around 5 hours time. It just cools down. Thats just out of my observation.

I beleive your eyes could dye out after staring at the TV for a straight 24 hours, but theres a reason why B-spec is there. 👍
 
My issue is -kids\wife- we both work full time jobs, she goes to school full time(sat & sun 7a-7p), we don't usually get home from work until 6p.--I give the kids baths and then start dinner. After we eat and play with the kids\home work it's around 9p. and if my wife isn't looking for 'quality time', then I'll get to play some. I've been playing GT since the begining, and this is torture to hear you guys so far ahead of where I'm at - 30% - oh well - have fun - keep gaming - how come there isn't my TITAN in this game\ there's a p.o.s. Toyota-whats up w/that!
 
put one of the ice packs on your ps2 and a tissue between it but keep the fan open . i must know this i live in spain and here we have 39 degrees in the summer
 
Camouflage_RX
[my slim ps2]...It heats up after about a hour of playing
lol just put a metal cover on there and stick heat sinks all over it then you'll have no worries, sure it will look like a echidna but hey whats wrong with that. or water cooling, OR a thermaltake cpu jetfan
 
MyTruck.jpg


Try spending 11hr drivin this, thinkin your still playin the game..

THATS WHAT I DO


My sleak lil PS2 hadn't been turned off, intil this past Sunday night at midnight.

It was on for a week..


Love This Game

Semperfizen1.gif
 
I think my PSTwo gets around 30-40 degrees celcius after 6-8 hours of play.

It's brand new though, might be that second generation.
 
I smell faulty cooling fan. *sniff* Mmmm, literaly.

But seriously. Sitting on dormant for hours and sitting their throwing polygons around for hours is two completely different things. When you give it work to do it pumps electricity. That heats it up. If the case isnt properly vented (or if any of the vents are obstructed), thats gonna be a problem after 24 hours of 100 percent CPU usage, which seems to be what GT4 does to this console. However, if it's heating up just sitting there then something is wrong. Heh, maybe all the dust in there is catching fire. Seriously, you might consider having it cleaned. (inside) On the other hand my SPCH-1000 <--(whatever, the big one) gets hot after four hours of 3X B specking too, so their may not be much you can do about it.
 
I'll be there in a minute Dear, just one more lap...hehehehehehe :dopey:
 
HAHAHAHAHA you lot are total nutters, at one point on gt3 endurance my thumb grew so numb i selotaped the R1 button (thats accelerator for me) on speed way and left for a crap, i came back and it was running nicely, my PS2 is a beast, it has clothes thrown over it sometimes and is clogged in dust, still runs licke clockwork, i dunno what ill do if it pops its cloggs, id hate getting another one, i think ill have to cry for a bit.
 
DevilGTx
Also, those long races are a psychological health issue for my XBox who is beginning to feel neglected, I think. It's been arested and brought home drunk by the cops twice in the last week.
"But don't worry, my chunky black and green friend, Doom3 will be here soon."
Have fun playiung an inferoir version of an already bad game with cumbersome controls!
 
hitman146
put one of the ice packs on your ps2 and a tissue between it but keep the fan open . i must know this i live in spain and here we have 39 degrees in the summer
Sometimes when its hot in summer my computer gets all unstable.
 
Crayola
Sometimes when its hot in summer my computer gets all unstable.

ya, at one point i was on the verge of throwing my monitor out of the bloody window. but now i got a heat sensor which tells me when comp is getting too hot, thing is its got this annoying bleep which never stops therefore making me on the verge of chucking my monitor again :dunce:

muahaha my PS2 has been runnnin for the past two days without a hitch.
 
TOTAL HEALTH HAZARD

I am now driving my real car like a complete asshole...
 
Yeah I must say when I finally go to bed my keep moving back and forth and colors keep flashing in my eyes. Not to mention I also drive like a mad man on the way to work the following day !!!

Edited by moderator Advertising is strictly forbidden, hence bannination
 
DevilGTx
Those 24hr races are absolutely a health issue!!!
I heard that they greatly increase your risk of thumb cancer and raise your chances of never being able to blink again.
And then there's the second-hand virtual tire smoke!
Lol LOL LOL :sly: 👍 👍 That was great
 
This game can have a real affect on my driving when I get off. I've got three speeding tickets in the last two weeks.
 
ScottinPA
TOTAL HEALTH HAZARD

I am now driving my real car like a complete asshole...
I think we're all guilty. I'm treating my gas pedal like it was an on/off switch. I keep finding myself doing 50 in a 25, and trying to control the urge to accelerate until I have to brake (and then brake way late, too!). How do you guys with real cars control yourselves?
 
_kamikazefly_
arrr for god sake shut up for a bit....hehehe

chelsea suck by the way, DON'T say anything, cos i could go on all day if i have to, got GT4 and im enjoying it as hell as i can.
First place: Chelsea
NOT first place: Arsenal, Man United, and all the others...
 
Back