IT (Do they float?)

United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Oh my......

:eek: :nervous:

pennywise[1].gif

Last edited:
...Oh good, two things I actively try to avoid has converged once more: A clown, and a Stephen King adaptation.

Grrreeeeaaaat. :indiff:

Honestly, when was the last time someone made a half-decent King horror adaptation? I can't even remember. However, I do have high hopes that the upcoming Dark Tower will be different, that it will not suck donkey balls.

As for this one.... Hmm.

...The trailer for Suicide Squad also looked good. See how that turned out? I know that I should wait for the film's release and then judge whether it was a successful adaptation or not, but again, not looking forward to it.

Having said that, I'm not seeing this unless it's either on Netflix or I come across its DVD. {shrugs shoulders}

Oh great. It took me well over a decade to be able to watch the original a second time: my dad had a really twisted sense of humour, and one night when I was around 4 or 5 and couldn't sleep, he watched this with me in the room. I could barely even look at the case at Blockbuster...

This brought all those childhood fears back, which is pretty awesome. Hopefully the movie delivers in a way the trailer has.

Loved the original.. can't wait to watch this with the wife 👍

Even so.. there are so many remakes lately, how long before a remake of the shining and salems lot and the dead zone etc? only a matter of time as imagination and originality seems to have died in cinema during 2000-2010 :indiff:

I'll still watch it but would like to see some originality again ;)

I've never seen the first one so the only thing I have to compare it to is the book, which I've recently read. The trailer looks decent enough and supposedly they are following the book closely so there is hope. They also are apparently making 2 films so there should be plenty of time to cover both sections of the novel (the cast as kids and later adults).

originality seems to have died in cinema during 2000-2010 :indiff:

As I delve more into the literary world I realize more and more how untrue this sentiment is (I also held it until recently). A surprising number of movies that I thought were original were actually based on novels or other source material.

Not to mention rushed crappy sequels have been around since the beginning of the film industry because they are money makers.

I think this type of thinking, along with "today's music is crap" are both the product of time filtering. Nobody remembers the crap released in the 60's, the crap released last year on the other hand...

Edit: I should clarify that I'm responding to that mindset and not you personally.

...I can't quite remember who it was that said it, but this, uh, person, once said that there are only 17 different types of stories out there, and we - as in various storytellers - are simply repackaging/recycling them over and over again with the aid of ever-changing sensibilities of the times and the advancement of technologies/techniques.

More and more, it's pretty hard to argue against this line of thinking - for example, I've been delving into the murky world of free fan translations of Japanese, Chinese and Korean web novels and it becomes readily apparent the lack of fresh ideas and the staggering amount of copy/paste in many of the contents therein. Hell, in the translation circles, it's even treated as an in-joke, even.

Oops, totally off topic. My bad. I shall end my pointless meanderings here...

Even so.. there are so many remakes lately, how long before a remake of the shining and salems lot and the dead zone etc?
Already happened.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0118460/

It pretty much sucks. There are some good scenes but in general it doesn't hold a candle to the Kubrick/Nicholson original, I mean how could it possibly?
The kid actor nearly ruins the experience all by himself (in the re-make, that is, the kid in the original was a very good and convincing actor).

Back