It seems the Enzo is a beast now

  • Thread starter Thread starter NixxxoN
  • 45 comments
  • 4,851 views

NixxxoN

(Banned)
Messages
2,707
Spain
Barcelona
It was an undesteering nightmare in gt5 but now it appears to handle far better. Most of the understeer is gone and its as fast as always on a straight. Did some 600pp road car races online and i beat everyone in tracks with some straights (not twisty)
In monza it does a ridiculously good time with 600pp, and some other fast tracks too.
 
Because in GT5, adding Racing Softs to any car made it handle boringly easy. Most had understeer issues though when you added them on. In GT6, that became a polar opposite, RS tires made them go mad, but SH tires on an Enzo makes it react well as an MR car, drive good, you are fine, drive mad, you will spin out.

I'm more of an FXX fan, quick as heck, and I enjoy how you have to learn to drive it well.
 
Because in GT5, adding Racing Softs to any car made it handle boringly easy. Most had understeer issues though when you added them on. In GT6, that became a polar opposite, RS tires made them go mad, but SH tires on an Enzo makes it react well as an MR car, drive good, you are fine, drive mad, you will spin out.

I'm more of an FXX fan, quick as heck, and I enjoy how you have to learn to drive it well.
yeah the FXX is another beast, sadly it cant be called a road car... Its like the zonda R. Both not road legal
 
yeah the FXX is another beast, sadly it cant be called a road car... Its like the zonda R. Both not road legal

Odd thing is when you buy the FXX it doesn't come with slicks, it comes with road tires, and there is one FXX in the world that has been modified for street legality.

If we are talking about road legal Ferrari's, I like the California, it seems the most reliable and practical of the modern Ferrari's.
 
Odd thing is when you buy the FXX it doesn't come with slicks, it comes with road tires, and there is one FXX in the world that has been modified for street legality.

If we are talking about road legal Ferrari's, I like the California, it seems the most reliable and practical of the modern Ferrari's.

You like it because youre from california ? :D
while in gt5 most ferraris had understeer, in gt6 lots of them have good handling including old ones like the 250 GTO or the Dino. The 458 italia is really good. Must be the new game physics surely
 
^ that too, but its more of a daily driver Ferrari, while all the others seem to be more of a luxe, store in your garage and take it out once a month sort of Ferrari.

The 458 doesn't drive like regular MR cars which is a good thing, because most MR cars spin quite easily. I do wish they made some of the Ferrari's sound better though.
 
I agree, I oversteer much more with most cars in GT6
 
I tried to tune an Enzo to as close too the FXX as I could, makes you appreciate how much of a beast the FXX is ;)
 
I quite like the oversteer but mind you that's a bit biased coming from someone whos driving style
favours oversteer. :lol:
 
Forget the Enzo. The FXX is a freaking beast. I drive mine stock and it almost feels wrong. A car can't be this good!
 
Enzo is a pain in the arse, not as bad as 458 Italia, but still.. The amount of downforce it has stock is too damn high!
 
Enzo is one of the cars that is not so much fun to drive with the DS3 (but a LOT better as on GT5) but with wheel it is just perfect.


Only the brakes seem a little weak, but if you compare how much faster you arrive at a corner with this beast they are probably ok.


I already made a thread about the FXX
It is just wrong in GT6 if you ask me.

It should not appear in street car races all the time as it is a race car.
It should have race tires and all the other race parts other race cars have in GT6.
It should have more downforce (and also adjustable) , because if you give it all the race parts and compare it to the Zonda R it is a dud.
Brakes rubbish and is slow around corners because it has not enough downforce.

At least they could have done a manufacturer race Championship for it, like the real "FXX Programme"
That would have given it a proper use in GT6 as it is to good for a road car but to bad for a race car if you compare it to others with similar pp on same tires.

For me FXX it is undriveable* with DS3, the loose rear under braking even in a straight line drives me crazy.
It is possible to tune this away but then it becomes a understeering nightmare instead.

With wheel it is nice to drive.

*i can keep it on the track, but have to brake very early and careful (so useless in a race against AI, run in my back all the time) and sooner or later i crash it big time when i start to push.
 
Forget the Enzo. The FXX is a freaking beast. I drive mine stock and it almost feels wrong. A car can't be this good!
Unfortunately I think my FXX times may be slightly quicker on some tracks then my Audi R18 TDI times.... Some cars are depicted of being larger than life (or larger than the laws of physics) and one or two cars are too slow.The FXX although "hard to handle" in GT6 is very very fast.

The FXX, maybe faster in GT6 than it ever "got" as we dont know what it really could do in it's maximal state with slick tires like on the Top gear test track lap. Few people know about that car, Michael Schumacher probably would know its true performance or atleast have an idea.
 
Unfortunately I think my FXX times may be slightly quicker on some tracks then my Audi R18 TDI times.... Some cars are depicted of being larger than life (or larger than the laws of physics) and one or two cars are too slow.

The FXX is very fast in GT6, maybe faster than it ever "got" as we dont know what it really could do in it's maximal state with slick tires like on the Top gear test track lap. Few people know about that car, Michael Schumacher probably would know its true performance or atleast have an idea.

It outperforms my touring cars like the ZR1 RM, and it almost equals the 908 HDi. And I drive the FXX on Medium Sport Tires. Not even Racing Tires.

That's why I say this car almost feels wrong.
 
I quite like the oversteer but mind you that's a bit biased coming from someone whos driving style
favours oversteer. :lol:
Just like me. 👍
Forget the Enzo. The FXX is a freaking beast. I drive mine stock and it almost feels wrong. A car can't be this good!
but as i said, the fxx isnt a road car. Cant use in road car only races.
 
It outperforms my touring cars like the ZR1 RM, and it almost equals the 908 HDi. And I drive the FXX on Medium Sport Tires. Not even Racing Tires.

That's why I say this car almost feels wrong.
The problem with cars like the Zonda R and FXX is that the are built without any restrictions in mind.

So you can not realy compare them to cars that are built to comply to rules of a certain race series.
(WEC LMP 1 and GT 2 for your examples i think)
The have to respect a s...load of rules while Pagani and Ferrari just did what they wanted.
Cars you mentioned are both power restricted (IRL, no clue which numbers GT uses), FXX and Pagani R are not.
 
The problem with cars like the Zonda R and FXX is that the are built without any restrictions in mind.

So you can not realy compare them to cars that are built to comply to rules of a certain race series.
(WEC LMP 1 and GT 2 for your examples i think)
The have to respect a s...load of rules while Pagani and Ferrari just did what they wanted.
Cars you mentioned are both power restricted (IRL, no clue which numbers GT uses), FXX and Pagani R are not.

Yeah, that's true. I know both cars are track only cars, but I don't remember the Zonda R being this good. So when I tries the FXX, I was very surprised with its performance.
 
Yeah, that's true. I know both cars are track only cars, but I don't remember the Zonda R being this good. So when I tries the FXX, I was very surprised with its performance.

Speaking of the Zonda R, I too have noticed that that car handles a world better then it did in GT5. Enjoyably so. As for the Enzo, it's great to finally have it balanced with very little tuning adjustments. I generally stayed away from supercars like these because I hate the high power they boast, but now in GT6, oh boy I can't keep away from them!

Also, I'm hearing much too much good talk about the FXX to have not driven it yet. Going to snatch this car up as soon as I can afford it.
 
Speaking of the Zonda R, I too have noticed that that car handles a world better then it did in GT5. Enjoyably so. As for the Enzo, it's great to finally have it balanced with very little tuning adjustments. I generally stayed away from supercars like these because I hate the high power they boast, but now in GT6, oh boy I can't keep away from them!

Also, I'm hearing much too much good talk about the FXX to have not driven it yet. Going to snatch this car up as soon as I can afford it.

I have to admit, I'm not a supercar either.

I have my FXX stock. Just put in some Sport Medium tires and went to the Super Car event in Monza. I was reaching 300km/h in almost every straight in that track. It's incredibly neutral too. No surprises like sty oversteer or understeer like the Enzo. It sticks like glue.

What are you waiting for? Go try it!
 
Odd thing is when you buy the FXX it doesn't come with slicks, it comes with road tires, and there is one FXX in the world that has been modified for street legality.

If we are talking about road legal Ferrari's, I like the California, it seems the most reliable and practical of the modern Ferrari's.

The FF would take the crown would it not?
 
The FF would take the crown would it not?

Ferrari for four, but its not in game unfortunately. I'd rather get the LaFerrari, and the F12 in game as Ferraris over the FF. IRL I'd most likely buy a Honda. Them maintenance costs.
 
The Stig did 1:08 in the Zonda R and 1:10 in the FXX on the Top Gear Track.
Those two had slick tyres though. Can only compare the laptimes with other cars with similar tyres and no road car used them
 
The Stig did 1:08 in the Zonda R and 1:10 in the FXX on the Top Gear Track.

I somehow doubt "The Stig" was the same person in both occasions.
 
Those two had slick tyres though. Can only compare the laptimes with other cars with similar tyres and no road car used them
Yes sure, my intention was to compare the two of them.

Because as i said the FXX is bugged in GT6, sure it is fast in a straight line but handling is crap compared to Zonda R.

I somehow doubt "The Stig" was the same person in both occasions.
Yes there was rumor that Schumacher drove the FXX, Ben Collins the Zonda R ?
(Did not finish his book so far so i don't know)

But whoever drove them, the point is they are close in time, way faster than anything road legal they had at that point.
Also interesting that the DBR9 GT1 race car did the same time as the Zonda R.
And we know the difference in laptimes from GT1 cars to LMP2 or even LMP1 cars from reality.
GT1 are very fast on straights (same engines as LMP2) but have no chance under braking and in corners against the LMP2 (lighter and way more downforce)
 
Is it me, or the FXX sound with racing exhaust is terrible?
No downshifting bursts or flames either :confused:
I had that with the 458 italia too. Glitch maybe :(
 
Enzo is one of the cars that is not so much fun to drive with the DS3 (but a LOT better as on GT5) but with wheel it is just perfect.


Only the brakes seem a little weak, but if you compare how much faster you arrive at a corner with this beast they are probably ok.


I already made a thread about the FXX
It is just wrong in GT6 if you ask me.

It should not appear in street car races all the time as it is a race car.
It should have race tires and all the other race parts other race cars have in GT6.
It should have more downforce (and also adjustable) , because if you give it all the race parts and compare it to the Zonda R it is a dud.
Brakes rubbish and is slow around corners because it has not enough downforce.

At least they could have done a manufacturer race Championship for it, like the real "FXX Programme"
That would have given it a proper use in GT6 as it is to good for a road car but to bad for a race car if you compare it to others with similar pp on same tires.

For me FXX it is undriveable* with DS3, the loose rear under braking even in a straight line drives me crazy.
It is possible to tune this away but then it becomes a understeering nightmare instead.

With wheel it is nice to drive.

*i can keep it on the track, but have to brake very early and careful (so useless in a race against AI, run in my back all the time) and sooner or later i crash it big time when i start to push.
"It should not appear in street car races all the time as it is a race car".

Wrong.

It isn't a race car. It can't be used for racing in real life.
 
It isn't a race car. It can't be used for racing in real life.
Wrong !

It can ONLY be used to race (in Ferrari's own race series for it) or on Ferrari organized trackdays.

You can not use it on the road, it is not road legal and also you have no access to it as it always stays at Ferrari.
(They bring your car to a track where you drive it and then take it back to the factory)

FXX is a 100% race car, but you can not race it in any official race series as it not complies to any FiA regulations. (same with the Zonda R)
 
Yes there was rumor that Schumacher drove the FXX, Ben Collins the Zonda R ?
Yes, AFAIK only FXX owners are allowed to drive them (some weird ferrari law...) or something like that, and only one black FXX was built and it belongs to Schumacher. The black one appeared on TG.
 
Back