It took me a minute to catch on but now I get it...

• Thread starter kdryan
  • 9 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong here, the FOMO/micro-transaction relationship has been well documented and is real in this game (especially before the credit cap was raised) but I have to question why you wouldn't save for a car that you've been waiting months for?

Common sense says if you've been waiting that long then you've also had that long to save for it, and it's not like their values aren't well documented or anything.

Last edited:
I have to question why you wouldn't save for a car that you've been waiting months for?

Ah, I see. One of those I-can't-afford-a-car-I've-been-waiting-months-for-even-though-I-only-just-got-the-game types.

Don't get me wrong here, the FOMO/micro-transaction relationship has been well documented and is real in this game (especially before the credit cap was raised) but I have to question why you wouldn't save for a car that you've been waiting months for?

Common sense says if you've been waiting that long then you've also had that long to save for it, and it's not like their values aren't well documented or anything.
It takes a long time to save $10 million.

Ah, one of those "Kaz can do no wrong and GT will always be flawless" types.

It takes a long time to save $10 million.
There's five times that available just through Circuit Experiences - which is particularly useful if you've only recently started the game like you. You also have access to around that amount in the "Human Comedy" missions. Both are one-off prizes.

As of the most recent update, very good players can earn 12m from doing three online races; I'm crap (okay, by definition I'm "middling") and I got 2m from doing one. Now the official seasons are over it's not clear how often that will come but figure on every two months with new Exhibition Seasons (and we still have the Toyota series ongoing).

There's also a one-off 2m a week from each of the two Time Trials - each lasts two weeks, but they're staggered - if you're within 3% of the top times in the world; 1m a week if you're also middling.

We've also had a few Special Events which are worth 1-2m a pop for really not much driving. The most recent was the Olympic one last month worth 2m for an eight-lap race against AI which I got first time (again, middling); figure on there being another one in August to mark the World Series Showdown and another in December for the World Finals. We might also see new Sophy races this year, and they had repeatable prizes that weren't far off the grind races.

That leaves the grind races which are pretty well documented on here and worth up to about 1.5m an hour.

The economy is bad, but ultimately, if you need 10m credits it shouldn't take you more than 10 hours of driving - which could take you half a day, but not more than a week. And the cars appear in the Legendary Dealer for... pretty much that amount of time.

GTPlanet is a great resource for people who actually want help with navigating through GT's... foibles. However you'll find that, as noted above, if you're just here to be argumentative and make stuff up, you'll get pretty short shrift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back