Itching to do this in GT6

  • Thread starter Thread starter xSNAKEx
  • 31 comments
  • 3,547 views
Messages
1,210
Australia
Sydney
This is one of the most nostalgic cars for me along with the (GTO twin turbo from GT1) and watching this video makes me think what a shame GT6 is missing such simple yet easily doable pleasures.




Escudo Pikes Peak on the Hillclimb. So. damn. Awesome.

Cmon PD bring your cool back.

Oh and please no invisible barriers. I want to be able to have most of my car skip over corners with a massive fall next to them.
 
I will happily pay for a DLC for just that track.
All paved roads now but all good, considering that GT6's dirt physics aren't really that great anyway.

PPIHC2013-1-769x1024.jpg
 
i second this
this needs to happen
the "hill climb races" from gt4(?) didnt capture the excitement that this course could offer
 
It's funny because the trail look nothing like the real thing back in GT2. If they could make it like in Dirt, then I will be very happy. Now we would have an excuse to use all those hill climb cars.
 
Seeing as the course maker area is gonna be massive we can make our own pikes peak :D, or even better.
 
It should've been included considering they added a couple of cars because of Pikes Peak accomplishments.
 
The Pikes Peak track in GT2 was a short section of the real thing.
pikesgt2map.jpg

Ah, Okay. That makes sense since the tarmac section was missing.
 
Seeing as the course maker area is gonna be massive we can make our own pikes peak :D, or even better.
All you need to do is wiggle around a bit in a straight line, then you'd have a decent hill climb course. Or do one of your route to work, and then do it as fast as you can in PPIHC cars.
 
All paved roads now but all good, considering that GT6's dirt physics aren't really that great anyway.
It would be cool if they did it like Fuji or La Sarthe, with Pike's Peak 2009 and Pike's Peak 2014 or something
 
Yeah but it's really long so I'll never drive on it.
 
Seeing as the course maker area is gonna be massive we can make our own pikes peak :D, or even better.
someone needs to drive the route so that we can do a quick and dirty version of it from his GPS (when that feature is unveiled)
 
Ijust don't understand why they would REMOVE ANY tracks. why not just keep all the originals AND add a few each title??? not enough space on the disc maybe?? idk

but either way I want pikes peak. it was one of my favorite tracks back then
 
If PD brings back Pikes Peak, but in asphalt, it will be the best track for Tougue, Time Attack and for Car Tune.

I can't wait! :O
 
someone needs to drive the route so that we can do a quick and dirty version of it from his GPS (when that feature is unveiled)

Thats what I was thinking, but we probably wouldnt be able to make it go uphill. But at least its something
 
I wish we could completely re-tune the torque/power curve on the Suzuki EPP car... seriously turbo lag is a big deal. Real rally cars run with anti-lag systems (I've seen schematics for them...)


It's almost impossible to drive that Suzuki when it's not on turbo boost, and then it's like 18 VTEC motors all hit VTEC at the same time... You go from no boost to whichever is the nearest cliff in like a tenth of a second.
 
someone needs to drive the route so that we can do a quick and dirty version of it from his GPS (when that feature is unveiled)

When that feature comes out, I'm gonna go here for a drive, and of course the surrounding areas.. :D

Its the closest thing we have to a "hill climb", although for public use the zig zag is a one way road that goes downhill.
Needs to be a little wider on the hairpins though otherwise many cars in game wouldn't be able to make it without doing a 3 point turn lol.



And around the Kalamunda area too. Its got some awesome bits of road, with crests, dips and cambered turns all over the place.

 
Last edited:
This track is pretty big it won't be an easy task to model it. It is possible that PD have been waiting for the track to be fully paved until attempting to model it and are currently working on it, so they removed the inaccurate GT2 version. I'm curious, is there any track in the game with similar elevation changes as this one?
 
I completely forgot they paved the course. Kinda sad, but understandable.
 
This track is pretty big it won't be an easy task to model it. It is possible that PD have been waiting for the track to be fully paved until attempting to model it and are currently working on it, so they removed the inaccurate GT2 version. I'm curious, is there any track in the game with similar elevation changes as this one?

I'm sure some of the Matterhorn layouts have similar or steeper gradients, but of course, with any circuit, the net elevation change is Zero, there's as much up as there is down. On a Hill-climb/point to point, that's not the case, so I don't really think there's anything like it in the game.

I'd love to see it. It would become my joint favourite time attack venue along with the ring.
 
If we get Pikes Peak back, we need another car to go with it. I say the happiest looking car to ever go up it should be included.

Peugeot-208-T16_2575055b.jpg


Just try to come close to Loeb's time, I dare ya.
 
And a little bit of nostalgia... for the record :D



There's a secret message in there > see #6 on the wings ? back in GT6 ? :D:D:D

Wish we'd have some pikes peak in full glory to give some cars purpose to exist, but then EigerN. in reverse serves as well.
 
I'm sure some of the Matterhorn layouts have similar or steeper gradients, but of course, with any circuit, the net elevation change is Zero, there's as much up as there is down. On a Hill-climb/point to point, that's not the case, so I don't really think there's anything like it in the game.
Goodwood has an elevation change ;)
 
There's a secret message in there > see #6 on the wings ? back in GT6 ? :D:D:D
Funny you should say that, because that '6' looks like the GT6 '6':
upload_2014-1-3_10-8-52.png
[/quote]
 
If we get Pikes Peak back, we need another car to go with it. I say the happiest looking car to ever go up it should be included.

Just try to come close to Loeb's time, I dare ya.

Going on some other Real vs Virtual Laptimes in GT, specifically at the 'ring, I don't think it would be that hard, provided of course, we go the smiley 208 to do it in :D

Goodwood has an elevation change ;)

Not quite 4720ft elevation change though :D, and not so many sheer drops :nervous:
 
Back