It's now March; where is our promised community update?

• Thread starter soap_hand
  • 2,036 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking yesterday that they might be having some big issues with one or more of the update features and they're bug testing the hell out of it before they release it.
If you look at the bug testing they did for the game itself, I don't think they'll be 'bug testing the hell out of their future updates' now.

What you said about PD's communication is true though; it's almost non existent + they are also masters in vague promises. This already fustrated me for GT5 and nothing changed in that regard.

I don't care about a new track, I care about getting the game out of it's current BETA state, fixing all the bugs and sorting out the horrid online issues, bringing the features that were promised before release like the community features and such.

After all of that, then I could deal with new cars and tracks. Fix the 🤬 that needs to be addressed first, you know since the game was released at full price we should be able to expect a stable, complete title and not this garbage PD calls GT6 currently.

They fix things and release new stuff together, kinda how it goes for all developers, you'd think people would know that by now

I sincerely doubt that they either "forget" or actually "make" releases arrive late.

This is the nature of software development, especially when that software is as complex as modern video games.

Rushing software out the door is the enemy of quality. Low quality is an enemy of customer satisfaction.

On the other hand, perfect quality is the enemy of timely release of software, and therefore also hurts customer satisfaction.

So let us hang in there with patience, we have a lot to be thankful for in two superbly entertaining games even if neither is "perfect".
you can see why players complaint then

It didn't need fixing.
Some of us like holding companies to their word.

With or without will, the rule still stands: When it's about work in progress, don't take it as a promise. Take it as a plan, an intention, a wish.

:lol:
That's hilarious.
If it's a pipe dream and not a sure thing, don't put it on the website and use it as a tool to push sales.

Not sure if serious, or being sarcastic. :)
I'm serious.

After over 45 years of experience in software and hardware development employment, I'm quite frankly amazed that games of the complexity of Gran Turismo, Forza, Oblivion, Fallout 3 or New Vegas and Skyrim actually work for more than ten minutes at a time.

These games are probably 10,000 to 100,000 times as complicated as the software which got us to the moon.

And added to that scope is the shoe-horning that goes on to fit this vast complexity into a machine with a tiny amount of RAM, and zero opportunity to expand that limit. One of the most important technical lessons I've absorbed, is that if you want software to be more reliable, then throw more RAM at it. In a console, that's generally not possible. For this reason, my iMac now has 32 GBs of RAM, performs tasks far simpler than GT, and is not required to perform these tasks in "real time".

So I'm in awe with what we have.

It didn't need fixing.
Some of us like holding companies to their word.

And it doesn't say "promise" anywhere. So, fixed.

:lol:
That's hilarious.
If it's a pipe dream and not a sure thing, don't put it on the website and use it as a tool to push sales.

Or, they can put on the website that it will be added in future updates. If you don't like to be disappointed, don't buy games because of features that are not finished yet.

Oh ok. So because it is listed on the official site, I should not expect it to be implemented in the game.
Got it. Will do!

Until it's taken off the website it's perfectly fine to expect it to be added. But you should also be aware of the fact that things doesn't always go according to plan, and that's something to keep in mind when you buy the game based on future updates. So far, none of those coming features are cancelled, so I don't know what you're on about.

After over 45 years of experience in software and hardware development employment, I'm quite frankly amazed that games of the complexity of Gran Turismo, Forza, Oblivion, Fallout 3 or New Vegas and Skyrim actually work for more than ten minutes at a time.

These games are probably 10,000 to 100,000 times as complicated as the software which got us to the moon.

And added to that scope is the shoe-horning that goes on to fit this vast complexity into a machine with a tiny amount of RAM, and zero opportunity to expand that limit. One of the most important technical lessons I've absorbed, is that if you want software to be more reliable, then throw more RAM at it. In a console, that's generally not possible. For this reason, my iMac now has 32 GBs of RAM, performs tasks far simpler than GT, and is not required to perform these tasks in "real time".

The first sign of intelligent life I've seen in this thread. 👍 The rest is just endless crying and complaining. 👎 Which, I might add, there is a thread for. :)

In which case PD has opportunity to say, "sorry fellas PS3 is maxed out, what you see at release that's all you get". As opposed to, "hey guys spend your money on this game and you'll gets tons of stuff after its released", and then not deliver it in a timely fashion (meeting their own stated release dates)

Good for you, so what are you doing here? Unfortunately some of us can't afford a gaming PC. But you don't see me in the AC forum posting about GT6.
AC doesn't need a "gaming PC". PC sims are not that demanding, for the most part, when it comes to hardware.

And it doesn't say "promise" anywhere. So, fixed.

I'm really not sure what you're on about. Obviously I don't know if you've had any experience trying to run a business, or working for one. But you don't advertise things that may or may not ever exist. Word of mouth spreads that you are a flake and you collapse.

Large corporations can get away with this because the customer base is so huge. But's it's laughable that you think PD need to add "And we promise these features" on their website for their customers to be able to read them as a fact.

Mistranslation or not, it's work in progress so the rule still applies: Don't take it as a promise.

It's fine to board the hype-train, but it's quite naive to take everything you hear or read as a promise. Critical thinking - what happened to it?

Fixed.
Critical thinking is for error correction, not to excuse missed expectation.

But I'll meet your "critical thinking" and raise you a "common sense", "business practice", and the leading thing that feeds the hype train, "expectations"... And expectations are formed from messaging, not thin air.

It does not fall on the customer to use critical thinking, we are consumers and this isn't the '90's of game development anymore.

Why is it that I, just like Kaz, used to always be late... But yet I, and my fellow developers, all names you know as well as Kaz, have been able to achieve timely results post 1995... And we really started nailing the formula by 2008... Sure, a few here and there still get away from us, but we used "critical thinking" so our customers could simply enjoy our games.

Let's not be delusional that Kaz has some magical reasoning or excuse to miss deadlines, let people down, blatantly wrong with most details, and worst of all, not learn like most of the rest of us have.

This is 2014, I'm a 20 year game industry vet, what's my excuse? I don't have one anymore because I know better, evolved, learned maximum value vs. time and "critical analysis", well beyond "critical thinking"... so with good conscience I can play the role of customer freely, despite knowing in great detail nearly any situation Kaz could possibly face... I know a lot of "Kaz's"... Thing is, they aren't Kaz anymore... And us as gamers, are grateful. I hope to never have to appeal to my customers to use critical analysis, the very mention of it implies failure.

This isn't to be taken personally or directed at you, you're post was just a catalyst.

Went to Asetto Corsa....haven't looked back...GT6 is gathering dust in my PS cabinet alongside GT5.
I don't see how that's related to this. Go rant about how awesome Asetto Corsa is in the thread for it...it's not even that impressive if you ask me.

All these pessimists whining about how PD hasn't catered to their every whim is really starting to get to me.
We should be thankful we have what we do, 6 is a big step over 5 and just the fact that they're working on more content for us monthly is hard work, so I can forgive them if they're a bit late.

It's a balancing act which will rarely satisfy everyone. Especially the naive.
So the people that are unsatisfied with GT6 are being naive then?

The first sign of intelligent life I've seen in this thread. 👍 The rest is just endless crying and complaining. 👎 Which, I might add, there is a thread for. :)
Yes let's just stick to strictly praising this game and bundle any complaint in one single thread...

So the people that are unsatisfied with GT6 are being naive then?

Yes let's just stick to strictly praising this game and bundle any complaint in one single thread...

First, I never said that we need to only stick to praising the game. I myself am very unhappy with the state of the game, but you don't see me crying and complaining about it in every thread and every chance I get. Secondly, I'm pretty sure that that is what that thread is for, so we don't end up with countless threads of people crying about every little thing they are disappointed with about with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back