Iv'e been gone a long time, whats new???

• Thread starter neil1280
  • 27 comments
BIG-DOG-BINGHAM
Hi guys, ive been a massive fan of the game.. but ive' been growing up a lot lately and haven't had time to play anything at all, I just flicked the tv on and f&f tokyo drift was on, It got me thinking about Gran Turismo how i used to love drifting in it so now i have time to play ive ordered a new copy!

I tried looking to see if new tracks had been added, or how things progressed with the track maker? as it was very early days when i last played it.

My favorite tracks were special stage route 11 from Gt1 and El Capitan which i was always hoping would make another appearance at some point.

Anything else BIG to note in the 2 1/2 years ive been gone??

Welcome back!

Well GT6 is at a standstill currently, as we haven't had a major update since September. Other than that you haven't missed terribly much.

If you've been gone that long, there's a lot of new content, additional Brands Hatch, Monza, and Suzuka courses plus Midfield and Red Bull Ring. A number of vision cars have been added, and the physics was changed at update 1.09. The biggest thing though was the addition of the course maker. Welcome back.

Oh brands hatch! Nice.. Ive done a few hotlaps at brands hatch so i can't wait to try it out! And good old midfield!

were any car editing options made available like in forza

Oh brands hatch! Nice.. Ive done a few hotlaps at brands hatch so i can't wait to try it out! And good old midfield!

were any car editing options made available like in forza
Aside from the body and rim mods, theres also ability to add numbers on all premium road cars and additional tachometers in the interior that you can customize the color.

well.. Its only just dawned on me!

I haven't played GT6!! Only GT5.. I really am out of the loop.. Time to dust off this PS3!! Lol

Well then you're in for a whole lot of new things. Please search GTPlanet for the tricks to installing the game updates- there are 22 of them and it takes awhile. Best sure to use an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet. Check your speed too. If your getting less than 5 mbps you may have trouble. I did it last month on a new console and it took me less than 5 hours @ 20mbps, time out for dinner included.

Good luck :cheers:

If your getting less than 5 mbps you may have trouble. I did it last month on a new console and it took me less than 5 hours @ 20mbps, time out for dinner included.

Good luck :cheers:
I max out at 300KB/s. Updates always take forever, but are, thankfully, mostly uninterrupted.

Neil mentioned El Captan. Oh man. I loved that track so much. Spent a lot of time racin' F1 on it...

Oh, and hey guys. Joined 11 years ago, lurked all this time, and finally my first post! Damn you Neil! You had to go and mention El Cap, didn't you? :lol:

PS: Any way to change my user name? I thought it might be better to use my GT online racing one (first time online racing was when GT6 came out), and obviously I had no idea what I was doing 11 years ago. I still have no idea, but you get the idea...

Last edited:
PS: Any way to change my user name? I thought it might be better to use my GT online racing one (first time online racing was when GT6 came out), and obviously I had no idea what I was doing 11 years ago. I still have no idea, but you get the idea...

Only as a Premium member.

Welcome :gtpflag: :D

I'm a dragon and I don't like mine either, and my user name, PSN id, and name that shows up online are all different.

Oh well. :crazy:

Yup, you missed out on a good bit Neil...especially if the last GT you played was GT5 and not 6.
As some said earlier be warned if you're starting from the base GT6 game there are a lot of updates to install...22 in all... so it does take a good good while to eventually install. Follow installation advice given. Also make sure you have a fast internet speed and hooked up via wired instead of Wi-Fi or you'll be pissed.

not a damn thing but seasonals and quickmatch events.... 2 1/2 years you say? well umm a couple VGT cars and tweaks to the game

Interesting. I just popped back in after a while away. But it was after the SRT Vision GTs came out, though.

Anyway, watching some of the WEC Spa Race I decided to break out GT6. I kind of expected some kind of update other than seasonals and the like, but at least it still works.

Well look at the bright side... once you're done with the 22 updates you won't have to worry about any more of them. PD has made it pretty clear that they are finished working on GT6 even though once again it is an unfinished game.

Any news about GT6? I mean, will they ever add the remaining Vision GT's?
Or are they going to abandon the game officially to focus on GT Sport?

They could tell something to us, even if its the bad news of cancelling the remaining updates...! :indiff:

Good post OP. I have been gone awhile too. Tried out an Xbone with Forza 6, but the hardware is POS. Controller constantly disconnects, got a new controller, same exact thing, so moved back to PS3 for awhile. Doesn't look like I've missed a whole lot.

Back