I've got a few bones to pick (warning: may be long and irrational)

  • Thread starter Thread starter stinkfistZ06
  • 46 comments
  • 2,714 views
stinkfistZ06,

I agree with you, and agree on many points about the series with you.

That's all I have to say.
 
Ikari_San
I believe that's two words.

...just couldn't resist!

you foo! Everyone knows that car is not a real word!

It's short for carbon fiber!

But yeah, it was four words...

Actually, I can't believe anyone still notices the predominance of japanese cars... you'd think after four GTs everyone would've stopped caring and actually looked for the cars they wanted.

If you want a Skoda, just buy a Seat or a Golf (or an Audi)... they're almost the same thing.

And yes, I'm happy that the ZO6 is kickass in this game (easily the best stock production car available)... but I'm really disappointed in the new modelling for the Tuscans. The Speed Six used to be faster, dartier... but all I get in it now is understeer... :nervous:

Yeah, Ford went about making the GT wrong. They designed the wrapper first, then poured a whole lot of money into making a sports car that would fit into it. Imagine what they could have done with a clean sheet design... shame.
 
G-T-4-Fan
Really the AI doesn't suck that much, it only needs to "learn" how early you can step on the gas, coming out of a corner, and where the limit is of braking, and shooting out of a corner, instead of braking 2 miles before the actual corner lol:p And WHEN stepping on the gas, JUST HIT IT, instead of gently pushing it to NOT-full throttle!

Tell that to the AI that tries to keep up with me on worn out tires on the long left turn before T2 on Midfield. It spun way the hell around. lol

On some courses in no matter what car B-Spec will slam into a corner, even on 1 or 2.

In short, the AI is comicable.
 
OMG people, you are so spoiled that i can't belive it!!!!
What other game offers you a 750 cars!!?? HEY, not everyone can find their RL car in the game.. that would be like asking, why didn't PD made my neighborhood streets in the game, i wanna race there in GT4!!
Other games that can compete with GT4 have like 10, 15 car MAX.. like GTR, about 15 cars, LFS like 10...
YOU have 750 cars in this game from all over the world, and yes the majority is Japanese, but SONY and PD ARE FROM JAPAN! It's like you don't know this..
If i was KY, i would make only Japanese cars, just to irritate you guys.. and he would still make millions just from japanese buyers..
AND STOP WHINING ABOUT THE AI, Ok, it's bad, but i don't know why do u play with AI any way... I play only solo.. just take one of my SEVEN HOUNDRED AND FIFTY CARS(750 CARS) on the NURBURGRING and that is the most satisfaction you can get from any game out there... I can see myself playing only the Ring for years, with various cars, doing hotlaps, improving myself...
You are really pushing it guys, i mean, why there are not Skodas... it's like me asking why isn't there a YUGO(i am from serbia and montenegro)..
 
I love the game, the best one yet. However, there is no doubt there's a lot of room for improvement. The engine sounds are my biggest problem. I was at a vintage car race at mid-ohio last week, and half the fun was hearing the sounds of all the cool vintage race cars. They were DAMN loud, just how I like it. Puting the highest performance exhaust on any engine is gonna make is sound really loud and throaty, not like a kirby vacuum cleaner. It makes me think I swapped in an old chrysler turbine engine.

No AUDI QUATTRO RALLY CAR ????????? 👎
-damn thing started the whole 4x4 rally thing

I am optimistic though. I've noticed that there are a lot of pictures from development of GT5 for the PS3. Its obvious that they've been working on GT5 for a while, at the same time as GT4 in particular. I think that polyphony tried to cram in as much as they could into GT4.

GT5 will be awesome, no more 6 car races, hopefully online capability, maybe an Inside the car view w/ twiching steering wheel.

Photomode is cool, especially if you have a USB Flash drive. Then you can take pictures from you're race replays, and use them as you desktop wallpaper on your computer.
 
G-T-4-Fan
Really the AI doesn't suck that much, it only needs to "learn" how early you can step on the gas, coming out of a corner, and where the limit is of braking, and shooting out of a corner, instead of braking 2 miles before the actual corner lol:p And WHEN stepping on the gas, JUST HIT IT, instead of gently pushing it to NOT-full throttle!
Okay, I do not want to defend the AI, but I should point out that in RL racing one should ease on and off the brakes and gas, not slam them hard. Sure the AI maybe eases a little too much, but suspension geometry and modern racing physics suggest strongly that sharp driver input equals unsettled car.
 
To whoever it was that complained about the engine noises, I scoff at you!

The reason I say this is because I happened to be going for golds in the Special License tests today, in particular the 1 lap time trial of El Capitan, and spent roughly 10 minutes with the volume at max just listening to the various burbles, howls and roars of the Viper SRT-10. Hot damn. I didn't even realise there was a distinguishable idle sound for each car until I got the volume up loud enough.
 
xXSilencerXx
My problem with Ford is that they can't even come up with new designs for there cars (05'mustang is the big one). I gave it a little slack when it comes to the GT because they're bringing it back not trying to make a new one.

So Ford reviving the classic mustang look for the '05 gets the thumbs down from you, but them bringing back the look of the GT40 gets a pass? You should be consistent with your responses.
 
i think its dissapointing that Gt4 contains all these left wing cars that nobody has heard of, or has heard of and doesnt care about, eg; that stupid dome car. They should be including more cars that are popular around the globe. There was a nice addition in GT4 with the falcon and commodore, but what about magnas, skodas etc....
 
soptom
If that was directed at me, no, born and bred in Reading in Berkshire in England.(That's near London for the Yanks).

i love the way whenever we british people describe where we live to someone foreign, we always say 'its near london'. americans i've met say 'i live in (insert really random obscure town/city name)' and expect us to know where it is... just an observation.

i have a few friends who think they know everything about driving, but have only been driving like a year and a half at the most, and were all like 'gt4 is so bad, the cars dont even drive like they do in real life' and so on, but amazingly, turn off the driving aids and you cant get them to leave my house... and personally, i think the only thing really missing from this game is the ariel atom. now that can shift it, and for those who dont know what that is, lets just say its a rollcage with about 3 panels, weighs half a tonne and carries around a civic type R motor at the back, which means its got about 550ish bhp per tonne... you gotta love it
 
stinkfistZ06
No they designed the car to look exactly like the GT40 except for a massive size gain, most notably the height no longer 40 inches for what the GT40 was named.

Isnt it just 3 inches higher to allow people to get in easier, and its not called the GT40 so why shouldnt they add 3 inches to make it more practical (not a whole lot more).
 
FYI: Japanese is a racial slur... not an abbreviation.
 
Dr_Watson
FYI: Japanese is a racial slur... not an abbreviation.
No, it's an abbreviation, just like Brit or Aussie.

Anyway, I couldn't give a stuff about a majority of the American cars in the game, they mean nothing to me. Most of them seem to be overpowered tyre shredders with crap handling, hell corvettes have leaf springs and Mustangs have live rear axles. Not what you'd expect from a new sports/GT car in the 21st century. GT is a Japanese game therefore it'll be biased towards Japanese cars and since I live in a country full of Japanese cars it suits me fine, it's nice to race cars I see every day.
 
I object... the Corvette handles great for a sports car... even compared to the supposedly over-modelled Skylines.

Most of the others aren't bad. And best of all, they're relatively cheap.
 
Boris Lozac
OMG people, you are so spoiled that i can't belive it!!!!
What other game offers you a 750 cars!!?? HEY, not everyone can find their RL car in the game.. that would be like asking, why didn't PD made my neighborhood streets in the game, i wanna race there in GT4!!
Other games that can compete with GT4 have like 10, 15 car MAX.. like GTR, about 15 cars, LFS like 10...
YOU have 750 cars in this game from all over the world, and yes the majority is Japanese, but SONY and PD ARE FROM JAPAN! It's like you don't know this..
If i was KY, i would make only Japanese cars, just to irritate you guys.. and he would still make millions just from japanese buyers..
AND STOP WHINING ABOUT THE AI, Ok, it's bad, but i don't know why do u play with AI any way... I play only solo.. just take one of my SEVEN HOUNDRED AND FIFTY CARS(750 CARS) on the NURBURGRING and that is the most satisfaction you can get from any game out there... I can see myself playing only the Ring for years, with various cars, doing hotlaps, improving myself...
You are really pushing it guys, i mean, why there are not Skodas... it's like me asking why isn't there a YUGO(i am from serbia and montenegro)..

👍 I am with you all the way 👍

i think its dissapointing that Gt4 contains all these left wing cars that nobody has heard of, or has heard of and doesnt care about, eg; that stupid dome car. They should be including more cars that are popular around the globe. There was a nice addition in GT4 with the falcon and commodore, but what about magnas, skodas etc....

Shouldnt that make GT4 unique in its own sense? Ive heard of the Dome Zero. If youve ever played Sega GT for XBox then you could have driven one. And another thing, dont be arrogant by stating your assumption that nobody cares or knows about these cars. It wouldnt be in the game if there wasnt a good reason.

I have a few friends who think they know everything about driving, but have only been driving like a year and a half at the most, and were all like 'gt4 is so bad, the cars dont even drive like they do in real life' and so on, but amazingly, turn off the driving aids and you cant get them to leave my house... and personally, i think the only thing really missing from this game is the ariel atom. now that can shift it, and for those who dont know what that is, lets just say its a rollcage with about 3 panels, weighs half a tonne and carries around a civic type R motor at the back, which means its got about 550ish bhp per tonne... you gotta love it

👍 Ariel Atom is da bomb shizzy! Just imagine a micro machine Caterham.....Mmmm

FYI: Japanese is a racial slur... not an abbreviation.

Thanks for pointing that out. Even being just a 1/4 JapANESE, I still dont like being called just a "Japanese" by my friends.
 
*back to original post*



This is why it's very satisfying to destroy JGTC cars with a production Vette; good times!
 
Back