I've had enough(Returned GT6)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zuku
  • 49 comments
  • 3,666 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
1,060
United States
Georgia
Messages
Netherlord
Well I had this game purchased and given to me on Christmas Day. As of a little over 3 months I've only played this game a full 4 weeks at best after the update 1.04 it sparked my interest again, but only for 1 day at best.

After being on here for awhile hearing about the upcoming maintenance update(didn't know it was 1.05) I thought it was something minor, but it turned into 1.05 only adding the Multi-Monitor support which for me doesn't even pertain to me at all as like many others probably don't even have that.

The thread that threw me over the edge I don't remember, but I know they were talking about GTA V, and how their update process has been going so far. Plus How GTA V single player had been completed not waiting for added features promised a while back.

So as of today 3/11/2014 I turned back in GT6 honestly I don't think I'll buy it ever again I'm done. I'll still come onto the site and what not, and I'll be waiting to hear about GT7, but from now on I think I'll be extremely cautious purchasing a GT game ever again.

My Question though is has anyone else returned theirs yet, or you still waiting for more improvements? I know people are disappointed too that's why I won't ask.
 
I'm sure Vagabond will be here shortly...

For what if necessary I'll lock this myself nevermind didn't know I couldn't there must have already been one thread for this though?
 
Well I had this game purchased and given to me on Christmas Day. As of a little over 3 months I've only played this game a full 4 weeks at best after the update 1.04 it sparked my interest again, but only for 1 day at best.

After being on here for awhile hearing about the upcoming maintenance update(didn't know it was 1.05) I thought it was something minor, but it turned into 1.05 only adding the Multi-Monitor support which for me doesn't even pertain to me at all as like many others probably don't even have that.

The thread that threw me over the edge I don't remember, but I know they were talking about GTA V, and how their update process has been going so far. Plus How GTA V single player had been completed not waiting for added features promised a while back.

So as of today 3/11/2014 I turned back in GT6 honestly I don't think I'll buy it ever again I'm done. I'll still come onto the site and what not, and I'll be waiting to hear about GT7, but from now on I think I'll be extremely cautious purchasing a GT game ever again.

My Question though is has anyone else returned theirs yet, or you still waiting for more improvements? I know people are disappointed too that's why I won't ask.

It also makes it so that karts can race on any track. You should have tried that before returning it! It's quite fun to take a kart to, say, Bathurst or Matterhorn. :)
 
I'm as disappointed as you, it's more about how easily it could have been better... At least it should have better than 5...

But I did get about 30-40 hours out of it so technically I didn't waist any money... But racing games should last a lot longer...
 
I'm as disappointed as you, it's more about how easily it could have been better... At least it should have better than 5...

But I did get about 30-40 hours out of it so technically I didn't waist any money... But racing games should last a lot longer...

To be fair I never got pass the A class part of GT mode I believe I was only half way done, but yesterday after some of those remarks were made, and I thought about it wasted $60 on an empty game.

@TeamCZRRacing it wouldn't have mattered really I was long over it all basically.
 
Well you still haven't given up, seeing as you're still posting on the GT6 forum :)
 
Well you still haven't given up, seeing as you're still posting on the GT6 forum :)

No the game is gone back got $15:mad: but it's all good won't even matter anymore this just pertained to GT6 that's only reason I posted here. I'll visit the forums every now and again because it's more than GT6 who knows maybe something may spark my interest once GT hits that $20 mark(whenever that happens).
 
Whilst it may not have yielded as high return on investment as GTA V, I have had more hours out of GT6 than I had out of Tomb Raider (2013). The games cost me the same amount...

Just my two cents
 
Where did you return it to and how much of a hassle was it?
 
On a positive note, you returning the game gives someone else a chance to purchase it for a somewhat of a cheaper price. Which therefore, is a good deed on your part!

👍
 
GT6 trade-in value is what, $15? That's $15 of store credit at a place that I visit once a decade.
I'd rather hold on to it whether I'll ever play it again or not.

But I do agree with your sentiments.
 
browayne1.jpg
 
Well I had this game purchased and given to me on Christmas Day. As of a little over 3 months I've only played this game a full 4 weeks at best after the update 1.04 it sparked my interest again, but only for 1 day at best.

After being on here for awhile hearing about the upcoming maintenance update(didn't know it was 1.05) I thought it was something minor, but it turned into 1.05 only adding the Multi-Monitor support which for me doesn't even pertain to me at all as like many others probably don't even have that.

The thread that threw me over the edge I don't remember, but I know they were talking about GTA V, and how their update process has been going so far. Plus How GTA V single player had been completed not waiting for added features promised a while back.

So as of today 3/11/2014 I turned back in GT6 honestly I don't think I'll buy it ever again I'm done. I'll still come onto the site and what not, and I'll be waiting to hear about GT7, but from now on I think I'll be extremely cautious purchasing a GT game ever again.

My Question though is has anyone else returned theirs yet, or you still waiting for more improvements? I know people are disappointed too that's why I won't ask.

I demand you go back to the store and admit your mistake and ask for the game back, NOW. :P
 
The Gtplanet WRS is what is saving the game for me.

Just spending time getting used to my new wheel then I will be competing myself, I have already had my qualifier verified :D

Thanks to Vagabond who seems to be getting new fans in here for his wheel settings, they have certainly helped me a great deal. I just need some more seat time to get used to it before running WRS events :cheers:

Your right though, others should take a look at the WRS, seems to be a great bunch of people who all seem willing to help as well. There isn't many games out there with such a great community. :)
 
On a positive note, you returning the game gives someone else a chance to purchase it for a somewhat of a cheaper price. Which therefore, is a good deed on your part!

👍

I guess you could say that only if they ever purchase it honestly I've told people before to just stay away from the game that's just me
 
On a positive note, you returning the game gives someone else a chance to purchase it for a somewhat of a cheaper price. Which therefore, is a good deed on your part!
👍
Exactly. If ever someone is not happy with a game, return it so others can enjoy the game.

My Question though is has anyone else returned theirs yet, or you still waiting for more improvements? I know people are disappointed too that's why I won't ask.
I actually purchased GT6 last week after I had the rental for 2 weeks. Truly enjoying GT6. Hated GT5. I don't expect anything from the updates so maybe that's why I am not as disappointed as everyone else.
 
As much as I'm angry with the game right now, GT is my baby and the reason why I got into video games in the first place.

I'm feeling very pessimistic about GT's future, but I have no other choice but to sit and wait. I don't feel like touching GT6 for now, but just thinking of getting rid of it... it doesn't feel right. My game collection is only complete if there is a box with the GT logo on it.

The only way I would get rid of GT is that Microsoft sends me a free XBone and a copy of Forza 5. That way I might let myself convince. But I would still be checking GT often to see when that big positive change happens.
 
Last edited:
How many hours did you have in the game?
If you played it for three months that sounds to me like it was a pretty good investment...
 
Just spending time getting used to my new wheel then I will be competing myself, I have already had my qualifier verified :D

Thanks to Vagabond who seems to be getting new fans in here for his wheel settings, they have certainly helped me a great deal. I just need some more seat time to get used to it before running WRS events :cheers:

Your right though, others should take a look at the WRS, seems to be a great bunch of people who all seem willing to help as well. There isn't many games out there with such a great community. :)

Trust me once you get used to it, it becomes another game entirely. Enjoy your wheel and hope to see you racing with us soon ;)
 
How many hours did you have in the game?
If you played it for three months that sounds to me like it was a pretty good investment...

No I played it on and off for a month actually this is the way I remember it

Decemeber 25th purchased GT6
January 10th-21st somewhere in this area I stopped playing or just barely played
After January or after 1.04 got on for a few days(like 1 or 2) completely put down GT6 never touching it again.
March 11th 2014 Returned GT6 for $15 to Gamestop of all places.
 
I'm sure Vagabond will be here shortly...
It hasn't happened yet. Maybe he's lost his touch. :D
 
It hasn't happened yet. Maybe he's lost his touch. :D

Nope he's moved it into GT6 Review and Feedback which I'm sure he hasn't lost his touch.
 
My Question though is has anyone else returned theirs yet, or you still waiting for more improvements? I know people are disappointed too that's why I won't ask.

I won't be sending it back, don't think the Ebay guy I got it from would have it anyway (unless I said he could have it for free)..

Yesterday I was in my loft and dug out my ps2, couldn't find GT4 so ordered a copy off Ebay (£2.04p), want to try and beat my S16 time, never did break the 5:50 barrier back in the day.
 
Let's add the folk to this thread that didn't even buy it. Which honorable gentlemen skipped GT6, and doing that skipped a GT game for the first time ever?
 
I don't think I'll buy it ever again I'm done. I'll still come onto the site and what not, and I'll be waiting to hear about GT7, but from now on I think I'll be extremely cautious purchasing a GT game ever again.

Which is it? You'll never buy a GT game again, or you just want to wait for the newer, hopefully better GT7? :rolleyes:


Jerome
 
Let's add the folk to this thread that didn't even buy it. Which honorable gentlemen skipped GT6, and doing that skipped a GT game for the first time ever?

That almost could have been me actually going back to Christmas my first choice was GTA V it should be quoted my reaction to getting GT6 wasn't that great either. In fact I almost sent it back that day, but it's too late for that....

I take you skipped though?

@ Jump_Ace

it means GT6 I may not ever buy it again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back