I've opened a GTPlanet Xbox Club

• Thread starter Fortinbras
  • 51 comments
Germany
Deutschland
Update Nov. 10:

Xbox One Holiday Update rolling out today. After updating your console you can join the club.

EDIT: Nov. 10

Global release of the Xbox One Holiday Update 'very soon' according to Microsoft. Microsoft also uploaded new walkthrough videos for the new features. Here's the one for clubs.

EDIT: Sept. 29

PLEASE READ:

This ist not a Forza Horizon club. This is a club for the GTP community on Xbox Live.

Club features include:
- community/club feed
- looking for group
- chat
- tournaments (soon)

Clubs work with any game! Members can organize play sessions for achievement hunting, parties and tournaments with this new Xbox feature. Clubs are comparable to communities on PS4, with more features however.

The club feature is currently in preview and only available to Xbox players in the preview program.

This is how clubs work:

Original post:

Open to all members of GTPlanet and all people who love racing!

Search for "GTPlanet" after applying the new dashboard update.

Last edited:
There is a new dashboard update? :odd:

There is for preview members.

Wouldn't it be better if an official moderator like @SlipZtrEm created the club?

Eh, it could be, if the club were marketing itself as "official". But AFAIK, @Fortinbras hasn't presented it that way. I believe there can be multiple admins of clubs, so whenever the update rolls out for us normies, there's no reason we all can't work together. 👍

I've opened the club for the following reasons:

- I'm a GTPlanet member and have been for years.

- First come, first serve.

Here's the thing:

The new dashboard update is rolling out to Xbox preview members first.

Clubs cannot be renamed, deleted or transferred at the moment. However according to Major Nelson in his Beam Stream these features will be added over time.

That means: Unique names can be grabbed and possibly sold later just like people do it with Gamertags.

I don't intend to keep full control over the GTPlanet club.

As soon as people join I'm happy to grant admin rights to mods.

I also have no problem to transfer club ownership to Jordan as soon as the feature is available.

Cool.

The club is set to private. That means only members can view the activity feed.

The club feature ist really nice actually and can be combined with the LFG feature.

There are a few things to discuss.

- Should all members be allowed to send invites?
- Do we accept all requests to join or only those made by confirmed GTPlanet members?

Every member should be able to invite new members now. I've sent invites to everyone who shared a gamertag in the Forza 6 gamertag share thread.

In theory everyone should receive an invite after updating the dashboard. This worked for a while but there are reports that people don't receive invites. There are also reports that club owners don't see invite requests when managing a club at the moment.

I want in! GamerTag: VenomSquad11

@Fortinbras

I'll send you an invite as soon as I get home.

Regarding invites: The system seems a bit glitched at the moment. If you don't receive an invite please send me an XBL message (Gamertag is Vega) and I'm going to invite you again.

What's a preview member? When is the update coming out for everyone?

The Xbox preview is comparable to Sonys firmware beta. New features / dashboard builds are rolled out to preview members first. Preview members can send feedback to Microsoft and use special forums on xbox.com to report bugs.

LFG and clubs are the features that are being tested right now.

https://beam.pro/majornelson?vod=260453

Last edited:
When the game is released I hope it'll have regular car clubs for those of us not on the preview programme.

LFG and clubs were added to the Xbox app (beta) on Win 10 and Android.

An invite isn't sent through the XBL message system. Go to the community hub, click on Clubs on Xbox. There you can view your invites and search for new clubs.

@UKMikey
Car clubs should still be there in Horizon. Clubs on Xbox is an OS feature.

PSA: If you want to join the club you can do it with the Xbox app beta on Win 10, Android and iOS. You DO NOT have to be in the Xbox preview program to do that!

I've had my console applying not 1 but ...7!!!!! updates after the feature was announced to roll on preview.

Yet after all these updates, I still haven't received the club functionality.
And after 4th or 5th update I started to get pissed too :D
I guess I am in a group that skipped this and went on to the next feature set. oh well...! I'll be in with everyone thats not on preview builds

Back