Ivory Tower (Studio) and Ubisoft Working on PS4 Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Possible spiritual successor to TDU?

Former Test Drive devs 'working on PS4 racer'CV lists "confidential game" for next-gen PlayStation

That's according to the CV of an artist (spotted by Superannuation), which lists the "confidential game" for Xbox 360, PS3 and "PS4".

Eden Games, developer of the Test Drive series, is believed to have had the majority of its staff laid off by parent company Atari last year.

At the time Atari denied reports that the studio was to close, insisting that it planned to continue supporting the developer.

This morning PlayStation 4 was strongly tipped for reveal at a February 20 event in New York City.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/388978/former-test-drive-devs-working-on-ps4-racer/

Ubisoft Working On PS4 Game 'Ivory Tower'

UPDATED: Ubisoft could well be working on a secret project to release for Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4.
Published on Feb 1, 2013

Update: Turns out Ivory Tower is in fact the name of the development studio, but many of the original points still stand. Thanks to Ryzza5.

Ivory Tower is a development studio formed from a lot of the members of the original Eden Games - the team behind VRally and Test Drive Unlimited.Ivory Tower is based in Lyon, France as is the case with Ubisoft Annecy, so the crossover with the details below could still be relevant.

Additionally, Ivory Tower is working exclusively with Ubisoft on bringing the game to the market - which wouldn't be much of a stretch to claim will be a new racing game.

Many of the developer's current job positions are tailored towards online multiplayer gaming, with the site claiming Ivory Tower intends to break "new ground in online and digital gaming".

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1791833/ubisoft_working_on_ps4_game_ivory_tower.html

For those hungry for more info on this game, these are possible game art renders and or screenshots. I expect we'll hear more on this possible upcoming PS4/360/PS3 title at E3, for now enjoy!

modo_hughes_poncet_InGameVehiclebyIvoryTower.jpg

modo_hughes_poncet_InGameVehiclesbyIvoryTower.jpg

Last edited:
Those images aren't from the Ivory Tower developed game though, the McLaren picture is from TDU2 and the Ferrari picture is from Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends. Also, having done a reverse search on the Ford GT renders, it seems that they are promotional images for a 3D modelling program.

Those images aren't from the Ivory Tower developed game though, the McLaren picture is from TDU2 and the Ferrari picture is from Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends. Also, having done a reverse search on the Ford GT renders, it seems that they are promotional images for a 3D modelling program.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. You might be right about the Mclaren and the Ferrari, but the Ford GT renders were submitted to Modo by Hughes Poncet and it is very likely that they are game renders for the Ivory tower game. Hughes Poncet is a former Eden Employee who worked on TDU1 who appears to be working at Ivory Tower now.

From his linkedin page:

Hughes Poncet
Lead Artist vehicles – Technical vehicles Artist – Ubisoft Ivory-Tower
March 2008 – Present (5 years) Lyon Area, France

Also, right click on the Ford GT images, select properties and this is what you will see:

modo_hughes_poncet_InGameVehiclebyIvoryTower.jpg

Last edited:
I think you are confusing this team with the group that worked on TDU2. Just to clarify, the team at Ivory Tower worked on TDU1 not TDU2.

The TDU1 physics still weren't that good though. Well from what I remember, it's been years since I played it.

The TDU1 physics still weren't that good though. Well from what I remember, it's been years since I played it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm sure the TDU community would disagree with you. The dev team even added a hardcore physics mode at the the request of the community and it is was very well received.

Apparently it is to be named "The Crew". Link

Personally, I don't really like the name. Something tells me that it's probably team/club-based.

Back