IZOD Indy Car Confirmed for Forza 5

• Thread starter HAL20XX
  • 51 comments
Is it still confirmed there will be NO damage with open wheel cars?

The good news is maybe it will include the Dubai F1 circuit in F5. Or even Mount Panarama (Bathurst).

The Dubai F1 Circuit is just unbelievable IMO. I love that track in F1 2011 / F1 2012.
F1YasMarina.jpg

The good news is maybe it will include the Dubai F1 circuit in F5. Or even Mount Panarama (Bathurst).

The Dubai F1 Circuit is just unbelievable IMO. I love that track in F1 2011 / F1 2012.
F1YasMarina.jpg

Where did you hear that rumor? About No damage on Open wheelers? ABu Dhabi would be great its an awesome track.

@ Samus lol :lol:

Last edited:
Ugh, I was watching the live interview with Dan but because of back to back to back to back meetings, I had it paused. I switched it to HD and it went back to the LIVE stream.

Is this where he confirmed no open-wheel damage?

Ugh, I was watching the live interview with Dan but because of back to back to back to back meetings, I had it paused. I switched it to HD and it went back to the LIVE stream.

Is this where he confirmed no open-wheel damage?

I just saw the whole video and it's confirmed. The way he explained it was simple everytime an open wheeled car bangs wheels with another car, the wheels and suspension would immediatly break in real life. That was not an option and i agree. No biggie for me i'm just glad we have Open wheelers.

I just saw the whole video and it's confirmed. The way he explained it was simple everytime an open wheeled car bangs wheels with another car, the wheels and suspension would immediatly break in real life. That was not an option and i agree. No biggie for me i'm just glad we have Open wheelers.

So that's an excuse not to feature it at all? It would encourage people to drive them properly as the fragile vehicles they are. Also what about other damage, wings etc? Will there be no damage at all, just like GT5?

Really like someone said, this series really isn't very much about motorsport anymore.

Damn, not happy to hear that. This is what makes open-wheel racing so enticing. It's a technical sport with very little room for error for this exact reason.

But I digress, because... Indycar!

dice1998
Don't let the TV fool you, these cars are WIDE.

The tire widths were reduced a few inches for 1993, and the cars were narrowed a little bit more 5 years later, per regs. The high-sided cockpits were mandatory in 1996, and proliferation of the barge boards came about in 1993 (although Lotus gave them a chance a few times in 1985).

So the cars from the 1980s to early-1990s look a bit more "spidery", in today's context.

I'm so excited that I'm going to buy a Xbox one just for that.
I won't give up my Playstation but I'll play anything.INDYCARS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

F1YasMarina.jpg

Yas Marina is in Abu Dhabi, actually.

A T10 Formula GT or even several based on key F1 eras from the late 70s to the current day would be a great solution to simulating F1, especially because of the livery editor.

Back