Jaguar F-Type. Damn.

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 539 comments
The coup looks a lot better, the soft top takes away from the car.

I don't care if it's upholstered with the king's wool. That car is vulgar and obscene.

@Omnis but you like, no? :P

Called the local Jaguar dealership today and the coupé not going to be in the showroom before May 2014.

FT_014_026_JNA_REAR_SHOT_HERO1-device_desktop-1366x460_tcm97-48301_desktop_1366x460.jpg

How about now?

Removed and will not be repeated

This shot right here.... !

Last edited by a moderator:
@Omnis but you like, no? :P

Called the local Jaguar dealership today and the coupé not going to be in the showroom before May 2014.

And I sat in the drivers seat of an R - Coupe on Friday :D

...sadly no keys.

I have to say that the coupe feels a bit more special, I don't know if it is because I have seen so many F-Type convertibles, but being inside felt like an event, the rear pillars give the interior a great shape that you couldn't replicate on a convertible, I am very much looking forward to what the press make of it.

And I sat in the drivers seat of an R - Coupe on Friday :D

...sadly no keys.

I have to say that the coupe feels a bit more special, I don't know if it is because I have seen so many F-Type convertibles, but being inside felt like an event, the rear pillars give the interior a great shape that you couldn't replicate on a convertible, I am very much looking forward to what the press make of it.
I'm coming to England, right now. I definitely want to sit in a F-typo.

I'm coming to England, right now. I definitely want to sit in a F-typo.

Unfortunately I doubt they will be in the dealers for a while here either, the convertible will have to do for now.

So I decided to have a go on the Jaguar configurator, and it appears that the XK has disappeared. Does this mean it's being discontinued to allow for greater F-Type production?

So I decided to have a go on the Jaguar configurator, and it appears that the XK has disappeared. Does this mean it's being discontinued to allow for greater F-Type production?

Unlikely as the XK isn't due to be replaced until around 2015/2016

I saw a black convertible a couple of days ago and it is, in the flesh so to speak, not nearly as beautiful as a Porsche 911 (personal opinion). I'm saying this because a 911 is the only expensive car that interests me.

I'd only consider buying a coupe when a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder is a fact.

I saw a black convertible a couple of days ago and it is, in the flesh so to speak, not nearly as beautiful as a Porsche 911 (personal opinion). I'm saying this because a 911 is the only expensive car that interests me.

I'd only consider buying a coupe when a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder is a fact.
Kind of obvious looking at your avatar. :lol:

I don't really care for the 911, in fact the only Porsche that interests me is the Cayman. But I will say: F-Type > 911, in my honest opinion. ;)

I love the F-Type, but if I could have an F-Type or 911 for free, with whatever options I wanted, I'd have the 911. If I was buying it, the F-Type is a great car for a lot less money. V6S with options is about 40 grand less than a C2S with options.

Should I change my avatar? :embarrassed:

I have no idea why I like the 911 models so much, except for the 996 and the standard 964. My favourite use to the 993 but not anymore. It's the 997 mk2 C4 and the 991 C4 or the 997 mk2 GTS/GT3 (RS). The AWD version of the 911 has a wide body compared to the RWD of the 911.
Not interested in the turbo versions of the 997/991.

If there was a Lada with the exact same model (interiur and exterior) as the 997mk2 and a decent engine but a lot of cheaper I'd probably go for the Lada. :P I don't care for the name "Porsche". It's only how this car looks that makes me want it so much. The Cayman looks good but not good enough for me to want one.

I'd say: F-type > Cayman. I could see me driving an F-type but probably not a Cayman.

Sometimes I see a standard 997 C2 with the wrong colour and standard 18 inch wheels and I think to myself, how on earth can they spend so much money on a 997 like that.

I'm pretty high demanding when it comes to cars. :P

I really hope the turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder will be a part of the F-type models.

From the 2014 Houston Auto Show, I saw the Jaguar F-Type Coupe R. That car is GORGEOUS! Even more than any other F-Type. When I first saw it, I kind of thought about this car being like a modern XKE. It kind of has a fastback appearance like the XKE (which is one of my all-time favorite cars). But being around the F-Type Coupe R is an unreal experience. I even told the lady at the Jaguar section that this may be one of the most beautiful Jaguars ever since the XJ220. Just can't argue against this beauty. And the recent Super Bowl commercials, it was great seeing the Jaguar F-Type Coupe R in action.

I have to see the coupe in real life and maybe I'll change my mind and find the F-type a better looking car than the 911.

Wait. The 911 look better than the F?

Subjective but you are SOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong there. The F is absolutely divine at all angles, the 911 has some kinda gawky angles in reality- don't believe the manufacturers photos.

Wait. The 911 look better than the F?

Subjective but you are SOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong there. The F is absolutely divine at all angles, the 911 has some kinda gawky angles in reality- don't believe the manufacturers photos.

That will be enough, now! Blasphemy! The F-type lover, by requisite, gazes into a mirror and looks upon a surly, reprobate clod. He keeps slatternly company and bears the putrescent woes of nameless trollops on his loins. The 911 owner, in stark contrast, is of sterling worth. He is righteous in action and maintains an unsullied reputation-- a man of which you can be nobly acquainted and receive free root canals.

That will be enough, now! Blasphemy! The F-type lover, by requisite, gazes into a mirror and looks upon a surly, reprobate clod. He keeps slatternly company and bears the putrescent woes of nameless trollops on his loins. The 911 owner, in stark contrast, is of sterling worth. He is righteous in action and maintains an unsullied reputation-- a man of which you can be nobly acquainted and receive free root canals.
I don't look into mirrors.

It makes me scared seeing that horrid, downright putrid face in the Mir.... Oh. That's me.

Latest Posts

Back