Jaguar F-Type Gr.3 - Setup Help

• Thread starter Guffaluff
  • 6 comments
Iceland
Iceland
Guffaluff
Hey guys!

I made a post in the Tuning sub-forum, but as it seems to be rather non-active, I figured I'd try posting here in the main forum. If tuning queries are not allowed in here, please lock/delete this thread.

So, I have a 2hr Gr.3 endurance race coming up on Saturday night at the Nürburgring 24H layout. Cars were randomized and my weapon will be the Jaguar F-Type Gr.3.

We're racing with standard BoP but tuning allowed. Unfortunately, I am a total ape when it comes to tuning. I've been looking online for some setups, but with little luck, so I'm seeking help :).

We're using Racing Hard tires, 5x tire wear and 2x fuel deplation.

Any help greatly appreciated! :cheers:

Ooh.
I quite enjoy doing stuff like this, and even though that's not my track of choice I might give it a go.

So ... Track time of day?
And wheel or controller?
(please say wheel, please say wheel) :P

Last edited:
Ooh.
I quite enjoy doing stuff like this, and even though that's not my track of choice I might give it a go.

So ... wheel or controller?
(please say wheel, please say wheel) :P

Haha, awesome!

I'm using wheel (T300) and prefer to use no TCS and ABS on default. No other assists.

Thanks mate, really appreciate it. No pressure if you can't get to it :D

Here's a tune from Praiano, who makes some of the best tunes you'll find. Him and MINKIHL are the only tunes I trusted way back when I was doing tuning races. It's not track specific, but should still be an improvement on the stock tune. Maybe just adjust the gearbox for the optimal top speed.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-gt-sport-garage.380262/

edit: that link is to his tuning thread, not the Jag tune itself, but the link on that page will take you there.

Last edited:
Well, I gave it a go. 👍

I don't mind what I came up with, but you may very well think otherwise. :D

I figured there's ever chance you'll probably do 15 laps over the 2 hours (maybe 14 depending on factors), So I aimed for 5 laps per stint.
Your mileage may vary, depending on tyre wear, etc., and you may wish to do 4 lap stints, but at least there's fuel for 5 if you shift a little early.
It does mean quite a long gearbox, so it may take some adjustment for braking without engine compression help. ;)

Anyway, the numbers:
Brake balance: -1

Ride height: 65 / 70mm
Frequency: 2.85 / 2.85
Anti-roll: 4 / 2
Dampers Comp: 56 / 54
Dampers Rebound: 84 / 82
Camber: 2.4 / 1.4
Toe: Out 0.15 / In 0.30

Aero: 380 / 760

Diff: 8 / 16 / 20

Transmission:
1st: 2.450
2nd: 1.900
3rd: 1.550
4th: 1.310
5th: 1.140
6th: 1.029
Final: 2.850

Gearbox is 'flipped', so set it up this way:
Reset box to default, then fit fully customised.
Set Final Gear to 4.500
(then) Set Max Speed to minimum (200kph)
(then) Set gear ratios as above for gears 1 through 6.
(then) Move Final Gear to 2.850
Done.

And just for fun I recorded a video.
A couple of laps to show my rev. shift points, the fuel I was using, and the tyre deg. I was getting. 👍

Here's a tune from Praiano, who makes some of the best tunes you'll find. Him and MINKIHL are the only tunes I trusted way back when I was doing tuning races. It's not track specific, but should still be an improvement on the stock tune. Maybe just adjust the gearbox for the optimal top speed.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-gt-sport-garage.380262/

edit: that link is to his tuning thread, not the Jag tune itself, but the link on that page will take you there.

Thanks, will check this out :)

Well, I gave it a go. 👍

I don't mind what I came up with, but you may very well think otherwise. :D

I figured there's ever chance you'll probably do 15 laps over the 2 hours (maybe 14 depending on factors), So I aimed for 5 laps per stint.
Your mileage may vary, depending on tyre wear, etc., and you may wish to do 4 lap stints, but at least there's fuel for 5 if you shift a little early.
It does mean quite a long gearbox, so it may take some adjustment for braking without engine compression help. ;)

Anyway, the numbers:
Brake balance: -1

Ride height: 65 / 70mm
Frequency: 2.85 / 2.85
Anti-roll: 4 / 2
Dampers Comp: 56 / 54
Dampers Rebound: 84 / 82
Camber: 2.4 / 1.4
Toe: Out 0.15 / In 0.30

Aero: 380 / 760

Diff: 8 / 16 / 20

Transmission:
1st: 2.450
2nd: 1.900
3rd: 1.550
4th: 1.310
5th: 1.140
6th: 1.029
Final: 2.850

Gearbox is 'flipped', so set it up this way:
Reset box to default, then fit fully customised.
Set Final Gear to 4.500
(then) Set Max Speed to minimum (200kph)
(then) Set gear ratios as above for gears 1 through 6.
(then) Move Final Gear to 2.850
Done.

And just for fun I recorded a video.
A couple of laps to show my rev. shift points, the fuel I was using, and the tyre deg. I was getting. 👍

Thank you! Gonna try this out next time I'm on GTS. Really appreciate your effort :cheers:

Last edited:
Back