Jaguar Reveals Details of Vision Gran Turismo Roadster for Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 22 comments

@Famine
I am sure this is from the same press release.

I got my email at 13:21 when did you get yours? 😀

I shall have to buy the game now so that I can write up a report for the club magazine 😂...

EDIT My article has a quote from Kaz...

Screenshot_20220311-143827_Chrome.jpg 😉

Last edited:
I think it looks cool. I love how it’s modern but has a classic sense to it. I’d love it too if GT7 one day could add the Le Mans D type. And other classic Jaguars.

Last edited:
I bought the SV and it’s so much fun to drive. I’ll get the roadster tonight. This article made me want to spend my credits 🤑

I rarely like any vision cars. But this one looks pretty cool. Nice nod to the D-type (and probably why I like it). Just need to paint it British racing green

I know some people love the VGTs (their Ridge Racer fantasy designs pull me out of the experience), but perhaps given the paucity of new cars in GT7 Polyphony should chill on the fantasy stuff for now and actually release current models before thinking about the 2035 version.

Continuing to produce VGT cars baffles me.
I think it shows car manufacturers' dedication and desire to be in the game. Even Volvo and (allegedly) Lotus developed VGT cars but of course their parent company Geely has kept them out of the game. Car companies want the opportunity to show off and be represented. Unfortunately, it takes PD forever to actually model anything and add it to the game.

of course their parent company Geely has kept them out of the game
I'm amazed this myth is still going, given that we've already addressed it in an article and repeatedly throughout the forum.

Lotus withdrew its cars from GT before Geely (actually ZHG; Geely is another car brand under the ZHG umbrella) took a controlling stake, and that notwithstanding it's not even how car licensing works except in the much more recent case of Stellantis. Brands have control over their own IP at a PR and licensing level, rather than it being ceded to the parent company. Except at Stellantis. In fact it's commonly even more strange than that; the fact it's been brought up in this thread gives me cause to smile wryly, because not a single one of my JLR contacts knew about this at all, and that goes to the top of Jaguar GB's PR team. I play Gran Turismo with one of them!

I can, with absolute certainty, tell you that another ZHG brand is interested in being in GT - because I spoke to the licensing manager regarding its appearance in another game - which should be the nail in the coffin of the concept of an edict from ZHG over the individual brands and their video game licensing.

Lotus and GTS was a simple contract value dispute. Lotus discovered that another "similar" manufacturer was getting more money and felt it was being undervalued. It's mere coincidence that ZHG took a controlling stake in the company at about the same time.

I'm amazed this myth is still going, given that we've already addressed it in an article and repeatedly throughout the forum.

Lotus withdrew its cars from GT before Geely (actually ZHG; Geely is another car brand under the ZHG umbrella) took a controlling stake, and that notwithstanding it's not even how car licensing works except in the much more recent case of Stellantis. Brands have control over their own IP at a PR and licensing level, rather than it being ceded to the parent company. Except at Stellantis. In fact it's commonly even more strange than that; the fact it's been brought up in this thread gives me cause to smile wryly, because not a single one of my JLR contacts knew about this at all, and that goes to the top of Jaguar GB's PR team. I play Gran Turismo with one of them!

I can, with absolute certainty, tell you that another ZHG brand is interested in being in GT - because I spoke to the licensing manager regarding its appearance in another game - which should be the nail in the coffin of the concept of an edict from ZHG over the individual brands and their video game licensing.

Lotus and GTS was a simple contract value dispute. Lotus discovered that another "similar" manufacturer was getting more money and felt it was being undervalued. It's mere coincidence that ZHG took a controlling stake in the company at about the same time.
Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm curious if your contacts have any knowledge of or opinions on the public opinion aspect of their brands' decisions, especially at Lotus? In my personal opinion, a large corporate blockade like Stellantis could implement would be a more understandable and publicly acceptable reason for not appearing than the actual brand itself choosing not to. I'm sure Lotus has a lot of fans in the world but I must admit that I haven't seen one roaming around US streets in years. It almost seems like their lack of digital and physical presence is correlated and unfortunately that can lead directly to a lack of relevance in the public's eye. It seems that ZHG has an affinity for brands with faded and fading market presence, whether or not they were involved in the decision making process. An opposite example might be Hyundai's brands/corporate umbrella seeing value in fan service.

Then the problem is PD understaffing their modelling department. Let us have our VGTs :)
They could have 5,000 modellers, still if one of them is doing VGTs it's one less real car.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have your VGTs, if that's what PD want to model there isn't much we can do about it. I'm just explaining why people who don't like them would prefer they weren't modelled at all, because it always means one less real car for them. Just "don't buy them" won't change that.

They could have 5,000 modellers, still if one of them is doing VGTs it's one less real car.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have your VGTs, if that's what PD want to model there isn't much we can do about it. I'm just explaining why people who don't like them would prefer they weren't modelled at all, because it always means one less real car for them. Just "don't buy them" won't change that.
I’m against all forms of discrimination. VGTs shouldn’t be judged based on the fact they aren’t real cars. Many of them are realistic and some were even built and driven in real life. Kaz has always loved concept cars and it likely won’t change as he’s probably too old to change now. Thankfully :)

Back