Jakedog Tuning Garage - G27 updated tunes out

• Thread starter Jakedog23
  • 390 comments
Lotus 97T '85

Lotus 97T '85 (Car).jpg

Lotus 97T '85 (Tune).jpg

Last edited:
What a wicked tune thx:) and how awesome is this car...its absolutely flys around nurburgring:) I used it for midnight racers race 3... I got 8.35...could of been a little less but made a couple of mistakes. ...lol
5 stars for this tune jakedog:)
Sounds like you had quite the time in this car. I was really hesitant about publishing this one but sounds like it is a good car.

quote="Jakedog23, post: 9776986, member: 231791"]Sounds like you had quite the time in this car. I was really hesitant about publishing this one but sounds like it is a good car.[/quote]

Im glad you did:) I was scared to blink..lol thanks again

quote="Jakedog23, post: 9776986, member: 231791"]Sounds like you had quite the time in this car. I was really hesitant about publishing this one but sounds like it is a good car.

Im glad you did:) I was scared to blink..lol thanks again[/quote]
Going to fast or just scared ya a lot?

Im glad you did:) I was scared to blink..lol thanks again
Going to fast or just scared ya a lot?[/quote]

A bit of both...lol
Do you have a tune for Gtr n24 schulze motorsports 11. .i've searched online but to no avail:( cheers

Hi Jakedog can you please check your spring rate for this car when you have time...because you say 14.60 for front and the lowest setting on there is 17.21..same as the rear you say 19.30 and lowest on there 19.39 thanks
The new update brought different settings. I am in the process of updating all 214 cars i have.

The new update brought different settings. I am in the process of updating all 214 cars i have.
I thought it might of been the update...ok thanks for letting me know...thats a lot of cars for you to do ...poor you... does it effect your settings every time theres a major update

I thought it might of been the update...ok thanks for letting me know...thats a lot of cars for you to do ...poor you... does it effect your settings every time theres a major update
No it doesn't just when a physics update happens

Nope my settings have lasted all past updates so the streak should be back on when I update all my tunes.
But most cars are duplicates so a tune for one car works for all the others like it.

Subaru Impreza NBR Challenge Review

Subaru-Impreza-WRX_Sti-S206-NBR-07.jpg

Initial Impressions
This car is a favorite of mine, and I must have a dozen tunes I've done myself for this car. So maybe it is unfair to compare Jakedog's tune to my own right off the bat, seeing as how I literally have hundreds of miles of tweaking on my main tunes for this car. But I did anyway hahaha. So then, first impressions of this tune. Well, my first thought was that this tune felt remarkably similar to the Nürburgring tune I built for this car - so that's a great start right there! My second thought was, this tune is a little more loose and playful than mine - also a good start.

So lets get down to business.

Low speed corners are effortless - just turn in, hold the line, and follow through, and that's it! This car grips low speed corners amazingly well and there is no hint of under or oversteer. It actually becomes addicting..... You start looking for tighter and tighter tracks just to play in the low speed corners! I honestly think this car offers up huge fun at lower speeds.
Mid speed corners not so much, however. There's no doubt that the car is quick in mid speed corners, but there's also an odd vagueness in the handling. This causes you to have trouble interpreting when and how fast to tackle mid speed corners. Go too slow and you're eating up valuable time. Go too fast and you're met with understeer. However, I also encountered this with my own tunes, so it's more a trait of the car itself, and not Jakedog's tune. I am used to my tunes and therefore I don't notice the vagueness anymore. Mid speed corner exit is still solid however, and fun! Just throttle out of the corner. You can actually feel the front diff dig in as you exit the corner, allowing for some pretty decent exit speeds.
High speed corners are also easy and neutral. Simply turn-in, follow through, and accelerate out. This tune is deceiving however... It doesn't feel like you're negotiating high speed corners all that fast - until you try and tackle the same corner in a different car at the same speeds. Needless to say, few can match it!
Overall the handling is above average and fun! The front and rear diffs work perfectly together and braking is balanced perfectly with decel. The ballast at the rear is what causes the car to be somewhat loose and playful, but really only to your advantage! Use it the rotate the back slightly just before an apex. Or use it to make a nice exit drift to show off. The car just feels balanced and a pure joy to drive. This tune allows you to have fun for hours on end, continually lapping and lapping, faster and faster. At 500pp I lapped Ascari at 2.16.2xx, which is quite incredible! I pitted this tune against some of my other 500pp cars and none could beat it; some came close, but none beat it.

All in all this tune is a lot of fun, and fast as well. It's a tune for beginners and seasoned veterans alike. There are very few downsides to the tune, and you learn quick to overcome them. This is a versatile tune that can handle many different tracks, the Nürburgring certainly included. I recommend this tune to anyone!

XS
Subaru Impreza NBR Challenge Review

Subaru-Impreza-WRX_Sti-S206-NBR-07.jpg

Initial Impressions
This car is a favorite of mine, and I must have a dozen tunes I've done myself for this car. So maybe it is unfair to compare Jakedog's tune to my own right off the bat, seeing as how I literally have hundreds of miles of tweaking on my main tunes for this car. But I did anyway hahaha. So then, first impressions of this tune. Well, my first thought was that this tune felt remarkably similar to the Nürburgring tune I built for this car - so that's a great start right there! My second thought was, this tune is a little more loose and playful than mine - also a good start.

So lets get down to business.

Low speed corners are effortless - just turn in, hold the line, and follow through, and that's it! This car grips low speed corners amazingly well and there is no hint of under or oversteer. It actually becomes addicting..... You start looking for tighter and tighter tracks just to play in the low speed corners! I honestly think this car offers up huge fun at lower speeds.
Mid speed corners not so much, however. There's no doubt that the car is quick in mid speed corners, but there's also an odd vagueness in the handling. This causes you to have trouble interpreting when and how fast to tackle mid speed corners. Go too slow and you're eating up valuable time. Go too fast and you're met with understeer. However, I also encountered this with my own tunes, so it's more a trait of the car itself, and not Jakedog's tune. I am used to my tunes and therefore I don't notice the vagueness anymore. Mid speed corner exit is still solid however, and fun! Just throttle out of the corner. You can actually feel the front diff dig in as you exit the corner, allowing for some pretty decent exit speeds.
High speed corners are also easy and neutral. Simply turn-in, follow through, and accelerate out. This tune is deceiving however... It doesn't feel like you're negotiating high speed corners all that fast - until you try and tackle the same corner in a different car at the same speeds. Needless to say, few can match it!
Overall the handling is above average and fun! The front and rear diffs work perfectly together and braking is balanced perfectly with decel. The ballast at the rear is what causes the car to be somewhat loose and playful, but really only to your advantage! Use it the rotate the back slightly just before an apex. Or use it to make a nice exit drift to show off. The car just feels balanced and a pure joy to drive. This tune allows you to have fun for hours on end, continually lapping and lapping, faster and faster. At 500pp I lapped Ascari at 2.16.2xx, which is quite incredible! I pitted this tune against some of my other 500pp cars and none could beat it; some came close, but none beat it.

All in all this tune is a lot of fun, and fast as well. It's a tune for beginners and seasoned veterans alike. There are very few downsides to the tune, and you learn quick to overcome them. This is a versatile tune that can handle many different tracks, the Nürburgring certainly included. I recommend this tune to anyone!
Well I guess this tune works pretty good even after the update. I have made updates to this car from that tune and it drives a little better.

Thanks for this sweet review I really appreciate it.

That is one fun F-ing ride my man!! Just on the edge of uncontrollable!! PERFECT!! I have a G27 wheel and it felt great.. I'm new to all this but I know when a car is handling and has what it takes to win lots of races.. First GT game I have ever played or owned.. Just wanted to thank you for the tune.. Don't write in much but it sounded like you wanted a little feedback.. Remember... I'm a greenhorn trying to get some wheel time so take my feedback with a grain of salt. lol Either way it works just fine for me so!! Thanks again!

Question?.. Is the Tune sheet I went off of (the one in my last post) a non updated tune? I just noticed your post on the dampeners and extension settings being flipped or what have you. Is that the updated one or is there another on I haven't seen or you haven't got to yet? I know about update 1.09 changing or improving the Camber issue I believe and I did wonder why you had the camber set @ 0 front and rear when it seems EVERYONE is jumping all over it cause it improved the handling finally? Just wondering. Like I said, I am more than happy the way it is now and maybe its better this way? Just wanted to know if this car can be even more dominant with some Pro Tuners tweaks like yourself.. Let me know if you get a chance. I really appreciate it!..

Question?.. Is the Tune sheet I went off of (the one in my last post) a non updated tune? I just noticed your post on the dampeners and extension settings being flipped or what have you. Is that the updated one or is there another on I haven't seen or you haven't got to yet? I know about update 1.09 changing or improving the Camber issue I believe and I did wonder why you had the camber set @ 0 front and rear when it seems EVERYONE is jumping all over it cause it improved the handling finally? Just wondering. Like I said, I am more than happy the way it is now and maybe its better this way? Just wanted to know if this car can be even more dominant with some Pro Tuners tweaks like yourself.. Let me know if you get a chance. I really appreciate it!..
No that tune and all the others that did get reviewed are not updated. If you go to page 1,2,and tune number 1 for page three. Those are all the tunes hat have been currently updated in this thread. The only reason that not all the tunes are updated is because it is a time consuming project and I can get distracted quite quickly. So hopefully by the end if the week all tunes should be updated.

No that tune and all the others that did get reviewed are not updated. If you go to page 1,2,and tune number 1 for page three. Those are all the tunes hat have been currently updated in this thread. The only reason that not all the tunes are updated is because it is a time consuming project and I can get distracted quite quickly. So hopefully by the end if the week all tunes should be updated.

Oh no Prob man.. I can only imagine how time consuming what you do is. I was just curious cause like I said, If that tune is (Wrong) or whatever? I will take those everyday of the week.. lol Cause it worked awesome for me and I appreciate it man!

Oh no Prob man.. I can only imagine how time consuming what you do is. I was just curious cause like I said, If that tune is (Wrong) or whatever? I will take those everyday of the week.. lol Cause it worked awesome for me and I appreciate it man!
Ya the cars seem to work in 1.09 but to be safe I wanted to go through all the tunes again. And with 200+ it is work.

Ya the cars seem to work in 1.09 but to be safe I wanted to go through all the tunes again. And with 200+ it is work.

I can only imagine man.. I am putting together a couple more of the tunes you have updated and posted cause I think I finally found someone who's tunes suite my driving style or that i can even put my little tweaks in to get the most out of every car. I'm not a tuner by any means like yourself but I'm also not completely (Tuner) dependent. I like to put or change a few things in every tune I try if I feel I know it might help the way the car feels to me cause like you said everyone has a driving style and feel.. Thanks to you I have a 95% start on a great car and I can learn alot from you and I am grateful to have you and all the other tuners put time in helping Busch leaguers like myself get use to the game.. I'm only 7 months into playing this game so I'm about a decade behind.. lol I wont bug ya anymore.. I never know if everyone likes getting blown up about there tunes cause like you said its crazy time consuming and its just one more thing to have to deal with me on your forum! I have been on GTplanet for a couple months and this might be my 6th post! lol Sorry about the rant.! I'm going to plug in a couple of your tunes and work on my career mode..! I will let you know how it goes if you ask me to! Your rocking it man.. Keep it up and Thanks again!!!

Back