Jalopnik Film Festival Presented by Gran Turismo 6

• Thread starter Rossoracer
  • 71 comments
Interesting, considering Turn10 is doing a movie-tie in with Rush and putting the cars from the film into FM5. Maybe Kaz & the team have something up their sleeve as well.

Interesting, considering Turn10 is doing a movie-tie in with Rush and putting the cars from the film into FM5. Maybe Kaz & the team have something up their sleeve as well.

doubt it, they just paid to be a title sponsor.

To bad I can't go to New York, as I've always wanted to try one of those simulators... :boggled:

doubt it, they just paid to be a title sponsor.

I think you're right. But it's the same with this event; GT6 pays to be in the title...

For those who don't read the site news;

Early bird tickets are already sold out, but the regular-price tickets ($80 for the two days) should still be on sale. There will be a few of us there... :sly:

It's amazing how many different threads the same members always see fit to turn into another VS thread. Just like the others, this one gets posts deleted and a warning to stay on topic.

Next person to take a thread down that path (besides the ones we already have dedicated to just that topic) gets an infraction and/or time off for ignoring moderator instructions.

So, did anyone go to this or what??? Seems to be awfully quiet considering Kaz and a playable GT6 demo were there. :D

Maybe more info tomorrow?

So, did anyone go to this or what??? Seems to be awfully quiet considering Kaz and a playable GT6 demo is there. :D

Maybe more info tomorrow?

I'd say the info will be tomorrow. The event is most likely still going on currently.

I just got back.

Quick and dirty report.

1. New build of GT6 from GTA. GTR GT3 handles MUCH better. So do not worry. Understeer is gone.

2. Could barely hear sounds but from what I could tell no changes.

3. FWD cars ( Focus ST) drive much more intuitively.

4. Translator San (Taku) is indeed very nice.

5. Kaz has a cool fashion sense.

6. Frame rate was stable at 60fps with 1 car on track. 50-60 with multiple cars.

Overall game looks great. High power cars require a lot more throttle control.

Oh yeah, other GTP members are awesome. Shout out to all those who attended.

I just got back.

Quick and dirty report.

1. New build of GT6 from GTA. GTR GT3 handles MUCH better. So do not worry. Understeer is gone.

6. Frame rate was stable at 60fps with 1 car on track. 50-60 with multiple cars.

👍 Noice

I just got back.

Quick and dirty report.

Should be front page news!

I just got back.

Quick and dirty report.

Thanks for sharing your report on GT6 paskowitz. :)

Pasko was fastest in an impromptu GTP face off with the R8 LMS. Jordan is quite fast, so is T12. We all commented on the general amount of crashiness of most people. Probably because the physics are definitely far different from GTA. In what way, I can't say, but certainly entertaining, though playing without sound is a challenge.

Kaz is super-kind in person (he was all smiles when I gave him my GT1 case insert to sign, though he wished the background was lighter for greater contrast), and very polite during the panel. I met quite a few of the people close to Kazunori tonight, and they're all enthusiastic about not only PD and GT6, but GTP as well.

Oh, and the cars were epic.

There are some surprises in the works. I won't say anything, since I'm not sure what is allowed and what isn't, but you'll be excited!

Pasko was fastest in an impromptu GTP face off with the R8 LMS. Jordan is quite fast, so is T12. We all commented on the general amount of crashiness of most people. Probably because the physics are definitely far different from GTA. In what way, I can't say, but certainly entertaining, though playing without sound is a challenge.

Kaz is super-kind in person (he was all smiles when I gave him my GT1 case insert to sign, though he wished the background was lighter for greater contrast), and very polite during the panel. I met quite a few of the people close to Kazunori tonight, and they're all enthusiastic about not only PD and GT6, but GTP as well.

Oh, and the cars were epic.

There are some surprises in the works. I won't say anything, since I'm not sure what is allowed and what isn't, but you'll be excited!

That was really great to hear from you Slip. You and the other guys are soooo lucky to meet Kaz in person. :) Also great to hear that they're enthusiastic about GTP as well. I most certainly can't wait to hear the news, I'm so hyped.

👍👍👍 to you and everyone there. :D

It was so great to meet Terronium-12, Slip, and paskowitz tonight! :cheers: It was an excellent event all-around and I had a blast.

I had a good interview with Kazunori (though it won't answer all of your questions so don't get too crazy with your expectations :P) and Tamir Moscovici, who's producing a new documentary film about Kazunori and the GT series. It will be a few days before I have a chance to transcribe the interview; thanks for your patience. :)

It was so great to meet Terronium-12, Slip, and paskowitz tonight! :cheers: It was an excellent event all-around and I had a blast.

I had a good interview with Kazunori (though it won't answer all of your questions so don't get too crazy with your expectations :P) and Tamir Moscovici, who's producing a new documentary film about Kazunori and the GT series. It will be a few days before I have a chance to transcribe the interview; thanks for your patience. :)

Alrighty Jordan! :D:tup:

It was definitely great fun meeting you guys. I hope this becomes a permanent thing because I'm already there if it is. :D

The new build was interesting to say the least. It's hard to gauge everything when there was no sound and the racing pod was positively uncomfortable. I kept invalidating laps during our time R8 challenge, so there's that. I think the only consistently good run I had was with the C7 at Suzuka East; I just tuned everything else out for that one session. :lol:

And, as already mentioned, the cars were epic.

It was definitely great fun meeting you guys. I hope this becomes a permanent thing because I'm already there if it is. :D

The new build was interesting to say the least. It's hard to gauge everything when there was no sound and the racing pod was positively uncomfortable. I kept invalidating laps during our time R8 challenge, so there's that. I think the only consistently good run I had was with the C7 at Suzuka East; I just tuned everything else out for that one session. :lol:

And, as already mentioned, the cars were epic.

Awesoooome. :D Great hearing you had a blast too T-12. 👍 Ahh man, I envy the four of you, hehe. :lol:

:cheers: to all.

Back