January Car of the Month - Skyline GT-R (R33)!! - Join in the Fun!!

I do have knee issues but don't need a cain....yet.

Naproxiumsodium and a knee brace is the best thing when you have a storm front moving through. 12 hour NSAID and and the brace helps in the same way and keeps your knee from freaking out too much. At least for me.
We should start a club " The Bad Knee Society":lol:, but Otaliema & DolHaus I really sympathize, you two seem to be in worst shape than me and I can tell you it doesn't get better with more milage, I just have to be careful how I sit and not do any stupid tai chi moves or squats and I'm ok. I get my weather forecast from past bone fractures, but amazingly they are a lot less active then before. I hope that our friend Bowtie-muscle is in better shape and that they find solutions to our problems :ouch: before too long, hey maybe robotics.👍

@Thorin Cain

View attachment 293882
Here we go, new year, new month, new cars.
View attachment 293883

RULES & REGULATIONS
ONLY valid laps should be counted, luckily there are quite a few places here you slide off the road without being disqualified, but it may not be the fastest way around the track.

TRACK: Nurbugring GP/D

Car Setup

Sports Hard tires for all cars.
Tuned as the reviewed car.

Drivers Option
Driving Line: Optional
Blind Spot Indicator: you’ll definitely need this.
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM) : OFF
ABS: 0 of course.
Skid Recovery Force: 0

Course Settings
Time: 23:50
Time Progression: 1
Weather at Race Start: 100%
Weather Changeability: 0
Surface Water at Race Start: 100%
Grip Reduction: Real

You will find that having tuned your brakes for abs/0 will help a lot here, even in the rain, but you'll discover some inherent qualities from your other tuning sections that will spice things up.
cooking-dinner.gif

My time 2:09.493

A 2:09.493 you say!?
000201DD.gif
Challenge accepted!

Ok, got the settings double checked. Don't want to be running in some "SAFE" mode now do I? :lol:

I can't see A damn thing, WTF?! where did my light switch go? Bummer, no main beam. Oh, well bumper-cam it is then.

First Lap - Red Lap, 2:01.438!??. I went off in the fast right hander before the chicane, couldn't see the curb and went in too early.

Second Lap - Clean Lap (ish.) 2:01.369!??? Ran a little wide at the hair pin, amongst other places :dopey:

Third Lap - Looked at the bottom corner and realised I still have Comfort Softs on :dunce:. Damn it, forgot to check those.:banghead: Oh well, I'll finish the lap, it's been ok. 1:59.213.
75.gif

Ok, I'll put the right tyres on now and go again.

First lap - 2:13.037 Ah, ok, now I get you.

Second Lap - 2:12.554. Red Lap.

Third Lap - 2:10.491 Red lap

Forth Lap - 2:11.060 Clean lap

...Wait for it... I don' mean the lap time. I mean the gloating.... Fifth Lap - 2:10.993. No, I won't say it any louder! you heard it fine.

You win again. Lessons learned, Car is waaay to spongy for the rain, Nissan SKYLINES make lousy Figure Skaters. And, going up a tyre grade won't always give better grip.

Thanks again for another fun and crazy challenge. I'll get you next time Gadget!

000201DD.gif
Challenge accepted!

Ok, got the settings double checked. Don't want to be running in some "SAFE" mode now do I? :lol:

I can't see A damn thing, WTF?! where did my light switch go? Bummer, no main beam. Oh, well bumper-cam it is then.

First Lap - Red Lap, 2:01.438!??. I went off in the fast right hander before the chicane, couldn't see the curb and went in too early.

Second Lap - Clean Lap (ish.) 2:01.369!??? Ran a little wide at the hair pin, amongst other places :dopey:

Third Lap - Looked at the bottom corner and realised I still have Comfort Softs on :dunce:. Damn it, forgot to check those.:banghead: Oh well, I'll finish the lap, it's been ok. 1:59.213.
75.gif

...Wait for it... I don' mean the lap time. I mean the gloating.... Fifth Lap - 2:10.993. No, I won't say it any louder! you heard it fine.

You win again. Lessons learned, Car is waaay to spongy for the rain, Nissan SKYLINES make lousy Figure Skaters. And, going up a tyre grade won't always give better grip.

Thanks again for another fun and crazy challenge. I'll get you next time Gadget!

Classic :lol::lol:

We should start a club " The Bad Knee Society":lol:, but Otaliema & DolHaus I really sympathize, you two seem to be in worst shape than me and I can tell you it doesn't get better with more milage, I just have to be careful how I sit and not do any stupid tai chi moves or squats and I'm ok. I get my weather forecast from past bone fractures, but amazingly they are a lot less active then before. I hope that our friend Bowtie-muscle is in better shape and that they find solutions to our problems :ouch: before too long, hey maybe robotics.👍
Torn, more like shreaded meniscus in one knee, over 50% removed. But my surgeon was kind enough to let me know that the arthritis in my other knee is worse.:dopey:

000201DD.gif
Challenge accepted!

75.gif

Pretty good, that is for me :lol:, amazing how differently tires react in the rain, I`ve have some tests going on with this kind of data hopefully I`ll finish it before GT7. Had me scared with those beginning lap times, I was thinking about hanging up my drivers license for good.:scared:

Torn, more like shreaded meniscus in one knee, over 50% removed. But my surgeon was kind enough to let me know that the arthritis in my other knee is worse.:dopey:
Well that makes me the least damaged of the BKS (Bad Knee Society) man you guys better behave for the rest of your lives, at least with your bodies :lol:. Now be careful with those hands, don`t want to have you leave us because you can`t play, :cheers: and take real good care of yourself.

Well that makes me the least damaged of the BKS (Bad Knee Society) man you guys better behave for the rest of your lives, at least with your bodies :lol:. Now be careful with those hands, don`t want to have you leave us because you can`t play, :cheers: and take real good care of yourself.
Never thought you the old man of the group would be in the best shape :lol:
As for my hands my right hand is partly messed up, have minor arthritis in it from bowling, and carpel tunnel in my wrists from using a keyboard for 28 years.

Never thought you the old man of the group would be in the best shape :lol:
As for my hands my right hand is partly messed up, have minor arthritis in it from bowling, and carpel tunnel in my wrists from using a keyboard for 28 years.
Robotics man, that`s the way to go 👍, oh there is another way but could be dangerous ...... cloning... just imagine two
Thorin Cain, :scared:

NISSAN Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R33) '97 600PP SS, by @demonchilde, Review:

Suzuka_Circuit.jpg
Circuito_de_la_Sierra_Time_Rally.jpg

IB License Tuned Car Festival (650PP) Race 1 Alpricot Winner! 👍

Sure is a mean machine...

Easy win! Beside the good looks, it has power, speed, and torque. The acceleration feeling is amazing, the front comes alive and a sudden rush of speed comes along.

Gearbox is nicely achieved, good ratios and a final gear on the right spot... In terms of agility, it's there, but due to it's immense power and torque, the car limit comes fast and results are tyre pressure (visual red).

If driven to the limit, caused by the tyre limits, an unwanted understeer will appear, easily fixed with some desacceleration and light braking (if needed...)

If not the tyres, we could have a almost TC car version (without big wheel arches and a huuuge spoiler!! :lol:)
But still fun to drive and with lots of POWEEEEER!!! (and Speeeed!!!) :P

Well done! 👍

@danbojte : Saw the replay, what a race 👍 Never thought the R33 Kuroki can battle supercars like Enzo and Veyron :P I saw that every little mistakes costs dearly on the tire, worn out easily, especially during braking on entry - left tire mostly bore the brunt. I also surprised the AI, well known to act like a low IQ rabbit can be aggressive on final lap, the Enzo even decided to ram from the inside in the effort to overtake & push you out to the dirt on the final turn to finish line :eek:

Middle to exit of the final turn and battle for 1st position :

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_19.jpg

Exit - Enzo decide to push the R33 outside, beware of the dirt :lol:

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_20.jpg

Battle of power and speed to the finish line :

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_21.jpg

The Enzo never get to make the move even shortly after crossing the line

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_27.jpg

Thanks for the sharing the race replay :)

Thank you to everyone (once again) for another interesting and fun month 👍

Sadly, I ran out of time to test all the cars I had intended but many did get tested by others. Next month will be a return of a difficult car, so grab your steering wheel, strap in and hold on. The selection will be up in the next 24-48 hours.:P

Thank you to everyone (once again) for another interesting and fun month 👍

Sadly, I ran out of time to test all the cars I had intended but many did get tested by others. Next month will be a return of a difficult car, so grab your steering wheel, strap in and hold on. The selection will be up in the next 24-48 hours.:P
And thank you for hosting yet another fun CotM 👍 I know I'm pretty new to these too, but it was good to see some other new faces getting involved too :). And sorry I didn't get to do any reviews :guilty:

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us next, should we be :scared:?

Let's just say it's low, sleek, and has power. But can be a royal pain to gain grip and to get it to turn on low speed corners. Bigger, faster tracks like Daytona Speedway and Daytona Road suit the car much better. Don't blame me though, it was a suggestion from another tuner. I tried it and agreed, DIFFICULT animal, no, BEAST to tame. Will be fun to see who has the courage to stare it down. :lol::lol:

As far as my records show, we have not done the Cizeta. I think it was part of the polls when XS was trying to get the community's opinion on what car to use for the next DCOTM.

Edit: The polls for March, April and May each had the Cizeta as an option.
Well this would be real fun and :crazy:, but I think the choice for February is done, but with a lot of pressure on our friend we may get it for March :lol:.

Latest Posts

Back