Seattle-ish
2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV
1983 GMC Vandura G-1500
2012 Lotus Exige S
2012 Lexus LFA Nürburgring Edition
2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR
1995 Ford Mustang Cobra R
2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster—Season Pass bonus car

I believe the Escalade is the only "car" we haven't seen in some form or another already. Otherwise, it's just mostly rehashes of cars we've seen in FM4 already. Still, that won't stop me from getting the GMC van and giving it a vannin' painjob right out of the late '70s.

^^^ I thought it was too good to be true

Well its there now....did I post in the wrong thread too???...Maybe too much eggnogg

Why do all these packs have to be sponsored :mad: "December IGN pack" It's not that bad I guess its just a little annoying as if they're not already making enough...

Why do all these packs have to be sponsored :mad: "December IGN pack" It's not that bad I guess its just a little annoying as if they're not already making enough...
It was that way in F4, so I guess the "tradition" continues...:mischievous:

My thoughts.

2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV - I've driven this thing before in real life and these stupid behemoths absolutely piss me off. I'll buy it for collection purposes, but I sure won't be caught dead driving it.

1983 GMC Vandura G-1500 - Again, will buy for collection sake but won't drive it.

2012 Lotus Exige S - Never was a big fan of the Exige.

2012 Lexus LFA Nürburgring Edition - I want to see how much better this is over the normal LFA.

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR - Not my favorite Mercedes. I'd rather see the CLK-GTR added before this.

1995 Ford Mustang Cobra R - The 4th gen. Mustang was always my favorite Mustang. Happy to see this in Horizon.

2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster - This was a really cool car in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. Can't wait to see how it is in this game.

Overall, I think this is an improvement over the December DLC.

2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV - New, but I, for one, don't care about it...
1983 GMC Vandura G-1500 - FM4
2012 Lotus Exige S - Minor upgrade from the '06 in FM4
2012 Lexus LFA Nürburgring Edition - Minor tweaks on an existing car.
2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR - FM 4
1995 Ford Mustang Cobra R - FM 4
2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster - FM4

But the Cobra R definitely makes me happy. Love that thing in FM4. Nothing of interest in there, otherwise, though.

Judging from the posts in this thread so far I think I'm the only one who's excited about the Escalade... lol... On another note, I thought the Zonda Cinque Roadster in FM4 had the top up? Hopefully the top will be down in FH.

Now they have just gotten lazy at hiding FM4 cars as dlc. At least before they were re-skinned.

They're just straight copy/pasting code.

HIT
  • 1983 GMC Vandura G-1500 -- Finally, its existence is justified. This was beyond absurd in a track racing game.
  • 2012 Lotus Exige S -- I'll enjoy this for sure. The Lotuses have been sublime on these roads. 👍
  • 2012 Lexus LFA Nürburgring Edition -- It surprised me, but the standard LFA is a joy to drive. I wish we had gotten something else, but I'll be driving this.
MISS
  • 2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV -- Add the biggest, ugliest DUB rims in the game, an eye-searingly gaudy paintjob, and full power upgrades with maximum weight, and you've got a fine troll car for the Playground modes.
  • 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR -- Oh boy, the Ambiguously Gay Duo car. I feel bad for those who can't get the SLS AMG yet.
  • 1995 Ford Mustang Cobra R -- Oh boy, a Mustang from the Barbie™ era of Ford design. Nice to see it anyway; we could use more Mustangs, and these jellybeans are a popular model.
  • 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster -- Oh boy, another multi-hundred-thousand-dollar limited run Italian exotic closely related to cars already in the game. We don't have enough of those yet.
2012 Lotus Exige S - Minor upgrade from the '06 in FM4
Say what? It has a remodeled exterior and a V6.

I cannot believe people think these packs are good enough value to purchase. But go ahead, keep telling them you will pay money for the same thing two or three times, they will gladly keep offering it to you.

Forza 5 will ship on a blank disk for $60.

Judging from the posts in this thread so far I think I'm the only one who's excited about the Escalade... lol... On another note, I thought the Zonda Cinque Roadster in FM4 had the top up? Hopefully the top will be down in FH.

I'm also excited for the Escalade, I probably won't get it though because getting this pack would be a waste of money for me, if I have some spare points some time I might buy the Escalade or Exige (for rallying purposes) but them points could probably be used elsewhere.

I cannot believe people think these packs are good enough value to purchase. But go ahead, keep telling them you will pay money for the same thing two or three times, they will gladly keep offering it to you.

You're only buying the same thing again if you bought it once to begin with. If you bought all of the DLC for FM4, that was your choice.

I have the season pass but I'll share my thoughts...

Yay:
2012 Lotus Exige S - Always fun cars
2012 Lexus LFA Nürburgring Edition - LFA is the love of my life so I am far too excited for this
2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR - One of the few Mercedes I like
1995 Ford Mustang Cobra R - Would have rather had a fox body but still fun...
2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster - <3 Zondas... Much more than the Huyara so I am also excited by this
Nay:
2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV - WTF
1983 GMC Vandura G-1500 - WTF

Some of us here already bought the season pass, so it's not like it matters whether we think they are worth buying or not. Our money is already gone. I personally have mixed feelings about what we've been getting. A little tired of seeing FM4 rehashes, but I haven't beaten the game yet so I'll use them whenever I can. But there seems to be more people who downright regret buying it than people who are satisfied.

Honestly, you should petition for your money back if you are not satisfied. They aren't going to care about idle complaints...which means they are not ever going to change.

Really glad I didn't buy the Season Pass now. I can swallow the re-using of FM4 cars being sold to us again, but I would imagine people forking out another $60 without knowing all the content would get bonus content that was actually new, not reused cars as well. :boggled:

Really glad I didn't buy the Season Pass now. I can swallow the re-using of FM4 cars being sold to us again, but I would imagine people forking out another $60 without knowing all the content would get bonus content that was actually new, not reused cars as well. :boggled:

Agreed. Glad I made my garage a beaut now, okay that one went off topic. :boggled:

Anyways imo of course. Despite me loving that Lotus a whole lot, o.o I'm not even going to bother with this pack like I did with other packs. What is their reason to re-release the same cars as DLC that were from FM4, and even worse, remaking the existing cars we already have?

I just don't understand the purpose of them doing that. If they do make new cars when the season pass ends, well... That'll just be ridiculous for wasting everybodies money on season passes and holding out new cars until it ends. :grumpy:

It had the top up, yeah, but ypu were able to remove it in Auto Vista.

Say what? It has a remodeled exterior and a V6.
Which is about on par with the Gallardo and the Spyder Performante.
I sincerly hope you're not right with that :lol: Let's hope that this will remain restricted to FH due to it being a spin-off. On the other hand, Forza has generally been pretty big on the micro transactions (in comparison to other games and their DLC, that is).
You're only buying the same thing again if you bought it once to begin with. If you bought all of the DLC for FM4, that was your choice.
Yeah, but that choice was made prior to knowing that that content would be featured in both games ;)
But there seems to be more people who downright regret buying it than people who are satisfied.
Haven't been anywhere near around the official FM.net forums, so I don't know how true that is, but it does seem likely. That'd hurt FM4 more than FH, though, I'm affraid :lol:
Well, yeah... My decision was based on the FM4 DLC...

Yep, the Exige S is a vastly different car from the '06, and not comparable to things like the Gallardos or LFA's. An extended chassis, a V6 from the Evora S, and a remodeled exterior to go along with it. I recommend picking up an issue of EVO or something similar: it's been garnering praises left and right, and even took joint Car Of The Year from them.

Considering I got a 1400pt card for the holidays, I might just get this, since I do really love the Exige. But still, not exactly a stellar pack, and I'd rather see it in FM4.

I don't think you actually know anything about the new car.
Think about it from a modelling standpoint. Much easier to createe a 2012 Exige S by modifying the 3D model of the '06 Exige (and changing the corresponding data, of course) than to model a car from scratch. Same with adding, say, a E46 M3 GT-R to a game that has the regular E46 M3. Vastly different cars, even visually, but close enough to save a lot of work by using one as the basis for the other.

Same reason why I was disappointed when GT5 added "Touring Car" versions of cars they already had in the game. They drive differently, the visual differences are at least as big as the differences between the '06 Exige and the '12 Exige S - and yet, it seemed perfectly fine to make the same point back then :D

Sure, the result will be a car that drives entirely differently, but it's still corner cutting. Much better than a straight rehash, but that was what I was trying to express. So, yeah, should've worded that differently.
:cheers:

These FH DLCs are crap, quite frankly. About 95% of the cars are identical to the cars in FM4 and 5% are either completely new models or variations of cars from FM4. What is this crap??? What happened to the incredible DLC from FM4?

Only had a couple of minutes with the Vandura, but looking forward to most of the pack when I get home tomorrow.

So far, I've only bought the Mustang and Exige S, which I'm actually starting to like despite what I said about it earlier.

I bought the LFA N-Ring edition and well.... Thats it :lol: it's the only reason I was looking forward to this pack. I'm trying to save my Cr for potentially expensive cars in future packs.

Back