Japan’s New Private Racetrack Looks Straight Out of Gran Turismo

• Thread starter Famine
  • 39 comments
If it was hypothetically added - or alternatively, if the Ascari Race Resort returned - I definitely could see there being rounds of the Historic Sports Car Masters, Hypercar Parade, and/or Neo-Classic Competition being available for it.

EDIT: It would unfortunately seem that upon further research, the Ascari Race Resort went defunct in 2010. I assume it got scanned before that, as GT6 - the sole game to feature it - was released three years after the venue became defunct. Perhaps this new course could replace it?

Last edited:
Who knows, if PD actually made this track and brought it to the game it'll at least be a street circuit or something. Or they maybe saving that kind of change again for Red Rock Valley....

You're thinking of the Ascari car brand that went defunct in 2010. The race resort is still there and active. Same owner for both the track and the car company though, so it looks like the same business but they are two separate entities.
That's neat. Maybe if we get it back, we can also get all three of the smaller layouts that make up the larger circuit.

What a fantastic looking place.
It's seems that the track layout would not be FIA approved. And all the better for it! No Tilke interference.
Shame GT7 tracks seem to have to have the stamp of approval. Sure some FIA rules but designers in what is a "game" should have freer reign. But no, the same old tracks appear across all games with the odd new one to learn.

It's an interesting circuit and would make a great addition. I wonder what the real likelyhood of it appearing in a future GT game would be. It would require both Kaz to be interested in adding it, and the resort agreeing. Perhaps someone will ask in an interview.

It looks a bit unsafe to me - clearly designed for people with cars that are too expensive to crash.

Last edited:
The elevation changes look like a lot of fun. Not too sure about how the drive would flow. The racing line doesn't seem intuitive to me but then again I'm no pro. The video seemed to focus on the lifestyle associated with the location as a whole rather than the drive of the track. Is that normal for race track advertising?

Prices are... interestingly high. So, unfortunately, It's not open to all.

PS: To Gran Turismo, If they add a Japanese track, I would prefer to have some historic Motegi or Sugo firsts, before to add this new one.
I would much rather see Sugo in Gran Turismo, such a neat track. First saw it in Sega's F355 Challenge way back in the day.

Would also be cool to bring Motegi twin rings back, seems to me the high speed oval recieved major damage a few years back and is not repairable. The road course isn't as interesting as Sugo, imo.

If they're looking for a French or English speaking instructor for foreigners please tell them I'm available for the job during winter time here if they want to fly me over! 😂

I've seen some youtube in car vids already and the track looks fun and challenging.

It would be nice to have it in the game.

Last edited:
Who knows, if PD actually made this track and brought it to the game it'll at least be a street circuit or something. Or they maybe saving that kind of change again for Red Rock Valley....
Uh, this is a real track so that’s not something that they would do

So Magarigawa Club is officially in a title already, as it appears (I'm 99.9% sure) that the facility owners are behind the Assetto Corsa mod, so it's not an official Kunos track, but it is an official version from the track itself (again 99.9% sure). Video for those interested.

Last edited:
The entire place looks gorgeous! It would be a dream come true to see the track in GT7 fidelity, complete with a full 24 hour cycle. It would be the closest thing we have to a Touge in the game, aesthetics wise.

Hopefully the folks at Magarigawa approach PD about a marketing deal between the two brands. I mean, if I were a billionaire who spends time on a Playstation regularly, I just might be tempted to spend a few days there after driving on the virtual version of Magarigawa and then seeing all the Scapes in the hotel :D

Back