Japan 90s Challenge

Canada
37.6 Trillion Miles Away
I'm trying to find a nice car to run the Japan 90s Challenge in.
I have two cars (that are eligible)
One is a Honda Civic SIR-II, which is significantly under powered. I get an Aspec points rating of 116, I know its possible to win with such a disparity but I'm just not that good. Yet.
The other is a Mitsubishi EVO-V, which absolutely dominated the first race with an Aspec rating of 10.
I know I could just stick with the EVO and probably gold every single race, but its so powerful it feels like cheating. I only just got the game and I would like a little more challenge so I actually learn something and get better.

So what are you're opinions? What is good-ish car for the 90s challenge? Something fast enough to win but not absolutely busted.

I'm trying to find a nice car to run the Japan 90s Challenge in.
I have two cars (that are eligible)
One is a Honda Civic SIR-II, which is significantly under powered. I get an Aspec points rating of 116, I know its possible to win with such a disparity but I'm just not that good. Yet.
The other is a Mitsubishi EVO-V, which absolutely dominated the first race with an Aspec rating of 10.
I know I could just stick with the EVO and probably gold every single race, but its so powerful it feels like cheating. I only just got the game and I would like a little more challenge so I actually learn something and get better.

So what are you're opinions? What is good-ish car for the 90s challenge? Something fast enough to win but not absolutely busted.
Used (black oil) '91 Skyline GTS25 Type S might be fun.

Nissan: SilEighty, S13 + S14 Silvia K's, Skyline GTS models could be good contenders.
Mazda: RX-7 FC, 323F (Lantis) - Needs a slight tune to be competitive.
Mitsubishi: FTO GP-version R or GPX, GTO (3000GT) SR, Lancer Evolution I
Honda: Prelude SI-R (both models), Civic Type R (EK), and CR-X DelSol (with a slight tune)
Toyota: Celica SS-II (with a slight tune), Supra 3.0 Turbo (MA-70), Supra SZ-R
All of these (with the right setup) will land between 200-250 HP, which should be enough for the Japanese 90's Cup
Edit: The early Mazda MX-5 1.8 models could also compete, with only minor upgrades required

Last edited:
Back