Japanese 70's cup??

• Thread starter RWDXE
  • 43 comments
LANDO
By the way, what did you use for de 80´s cup? It´s my last event on the japanese hall. And I only have 3 cars from the 80´s all of them under 100 HP. JAJAJAJA.

I used the 87 Skyline GTS-R for that, a 89 Skyline GTR would kill the competion.

///M-Power
A Nissan Fairlady 280 ZL. It's a bit underpowered in stock but good enough for a very close second, so I reckon it'll be a winner with some light power mods.

Yes it will win with mods....its what I used. Can't win the "Z" Trophy with it though. 👎

LANDO
By the way, what did you use for de 80´s cup? It´s my last event on the japanese hall. And I only have 3 cars from the 80´s all of them under 100 HP. JAJAJAJA.

I used a Silvia K's S13 with stage 2 turbo I believe. And you can use it to mop up the Silvia Sisters race too.

RWDXE
Which car has anyone used for this series?? I have the Fairlady 240 whatever and its not able to keep up with the leader on Fuji-just not enough power. The lead car seems to be the GTR hardtop that you win-but what will beat it-its doin my head in.

I used the same Skyline with only S3 track tyres, exhaust/pods, and a brake kit.

For the 80's cup, an 89 Skyline GTR with only track tyres and brake kit done.

I looked for the most powerful machine I could utilize, and in B-Spec, I spanked the competition good with a Datsun 280Z. I normally prefer the 240Z, but the 280Z isn't bad.

bah, I did them all in my white mazda cosmo 10B.. and it's from sixties. fully tuned it has 250 hp and six gears, and weights next to nothing. it's pure rwd fun to drive with no aids.. 👍 i recommend this car for mille miglia (1000 km/miles race in european events, if i don't recall wrong) too, i won it easily with this car.

///M-Power
A Nissan Fairlady 280 ZL. It's a bit underpowered in stock but good enough for a very close second, so I reckon it'll be a winner with some light power mods.

Roger that. I tuned the heck out of it and it was way more than required. It ended up being one of the best-handling, most-enjoyable cars I've had in either GT4 or GT3.

I used the Datsun 240ZG '71 as well. Not too much trouble winning this sting of races. The car does have a tendancey to roll a tad through faster corners :nervous:

VIPERGTSR01
I used the 87 Skyline GTS-R for that, a 89 Skyline GTR would kill the competion.
I am doing the same. I will definately have to drive it round Suzuka myself though, it was getting late and I decided to let the B-Spec driver have a bash at it (I had just done the other races, & beat the competition on the 2nd or 3rd lap easily). The B-Spec driver somehow couldn't manage to keep up to 5th even, he got into 4th on the long right hander before the 90 right (just before you go under the bridge), then decided to go do some donuts in the sand trap? :ouch:

RWDXE
Which car has anyone used for this series?? I have the Fairlady 240 whatever and its not able to keep up with the leader on Fuji-just not enough power. The lead car seems to be the GTR hardtop that you win-but what will beat it-its doin my head in.

I won the '71240Z from one of the Nissan races I think then put a stage 1 weight reduction, chip, port/polish, flywheel and triple place clutch.

I was an easy win. The next closest car was the 280Z ('78) I think or whatever year car it is...

I used a turbocharged and suspension and gearbox-modded '70 Honda 1300 Coupe, it's a surprisingly good-handling car and quite quick as well.

I would have tried it with the '65 Nissan Silvia, but it was too old, so i used it to blast the Japanese Compact cup.

Back