• 32 comments

VTiRoj

Howdy 🤠
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
RoJJieE
mb6roj
*Note: Since I'm basically doing a race report PER RACE, I'll update this main post after every completed report. It gives me some breathing room between races (i.e. I'm not rushing races just to finish the report faster to be posted here) and it means you guys have to keep coming back to check for the new races, mwahahaha. :P*

Enjoy. ;)

Japanese 90’s Challenge – Cr.10,000 Budget

A while ago, I took on the Japanese 90’s Challenge with a Mitsubishi Mirage worth less than Cr.15,000. Needless to say, I won by a pretty comfortable margin (with the exception of a couple of races), which brought in a large A-spec point bonus. So, I’m back with a lower budget, and hopefully faster opponents to match.

With my Cr.10,000, I went browsing in the local Auto Trader. Unlike last time, I can’t buy a hatchback and dump 10k into it, I will need a reasonably good car and just chip it or something. I saw a couple of Imprezas and a Lancer in my price range, however they left no room for mods whatsoever, plus the cars themselves are overkill for the event. I looked at the Starlet Glanza V, but taking one for a drive made me realise how little power it had, and with only another 5k to spend on it after purchase, it still would be painfully slow. Then came the Nissan Silvia, the K’s ’91 model. 200bhp and a very cheap price tag of Cr.7,136 made this a favourite so far. Then a gem of a car appeared. The Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC, J) ’90. It may be heavier, less torquey and more expensive than the Silvia, but actually, I quite like it. For Cr.8,700 it was mine. This left me with Cr.1,250 to spend, after Cr.50 went on an oil change. Weirdly enough, considering the colour said “white”, it looked more like a mucky cream colour.

After the oil change the FC seemed to be putting down more power and torque than claimed.

206bhp @ 6,500rpm
198.40ft.lb @ 3,500rpm

With a weight of 1250kg, it seemed I had quite a sports car on my hands, enough to take on cars faster than the FWD Hondas that the Mirage took on, including that mental little EG6.

FC12.jpg

At home in Beacon Hill. Has my parking improved? :P

I decided to spend my remaining cash at RE Amemiya. If anyone could give my FC some more juice, it’s them. After looking at the expensive items, I set my sights on a typical chip upgrade, something I should be able to afford. For Cr.1,250 I took it, leaving this to be my only upgrade as I was left with no money at all afterwards.

The FC’s power now stood at:

214bhp @ 6,500rpm
206.28ft.lb @ 3,500rpm

Packing even more power and torque than before, and spending exactly Cr.10,000, I set off to the Japan 90’s Challenge.

Race 1: Apricot Hill Raceway – 3 laps

1apricothill.png

Track map by AMG. Reverse direction corner numbers edited out by moi to avoid confusion.

My opponents this round were a mixed bunch. Starting in pole position there was a red 200SX. Beside it, a silver Mirage. Behind them a red FTO and a weird 2-tone S13, the same one I considered buying infact. In 5th, a Celica ’97, the FWD version. Then me in my FC starting last.
Jap10k01.jpg

Jap10k02.jpg

Jap10k03.jpg

Jap10k04.jpg

Jap10k05.jpg

Jap10k06.jpg

Jap10k07.jpg

I was only going to get 112 A-spec points from this race, not an improvement over the Mirage’s 133, but the point of this challenge isn’t to score points, its to prove you can do this challenge with a car worth Cr.10,000, which is exactly what we have.

Seeing as I was in a white FC3S, I brought along an Initial D music CD, to fit with the car. On the grid I started playing it quite loudly, the guy in the S13 looked over to me and gave me a nod, another Initial D fan perhaps?

I revved up the newly refreshed 13B under the bonnet of my FC, listening to that sweet Rotary sound. I revved the motor all the way to 8,000rpm, the lights when green, and I launched the sucker.
Jap10k08.jpg

I passed the Celica some 9 seconds after the lights, considering I had more power and RWD I wasn’t too surprised.
Jap10k09.jpg

The Celica and FTO boxed me in at turn 2, but by turn 3 I had slipped past the FTO.
Jap10k10.jpg

Jap10k11.jpg

I overtook the Mirage at turn 4, putting me up to 3rd place.
Jap10k12.jpg

Jap10k13.jpg

Jap10k14.jpg

Chasing the S13 down past turn 6 and finally overtaking at turn 7, I noticed the 200SX wasn’t far in front, so I begun pursuit of it.
Jap10k15.jpg

Jap10k16.jpg

Jap10k17.jpg

Jap10k18.jpg

I caught the 200SX fairly quickly going into turn 11, but somehow despite being slower, the 200SX pulled away from me down the start/finish straight.
Jap10k19.jpg

Jap10k20.jpg

Jap10k21.jpg

Jap10k22.jpg

Going into turn 1 I dived down the inside, only to have the 200SX block me, forcing me to go onto the grass and recovering behind it into turn 2. I finally made the pass diving into the inside of turn 4.
Jap10k24.jpg

Jap10k25.jpg

From there on I stayed in front, putting more and more distance between me and the 200SX.
Jap10k26.jpg

To my amusement on lap 3, the S13 overtook the 200SX at turn 2 after some mirror scraping action.
Jap10k28.jpg

Jap10k29.jpg

Jap10k30.jpg

First place! :D
Jap10k31.jpg

Race 1: Apricot Hill Raceway – Results

Best lap: 1’40.845

Results:
1 / Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC, J) ’90 – 5’15.176
2 / Nissan Silvia K’s (S13) ’91 – 5’17.288
3 / Nissan 200SX ’96 – 5’18.563
4 / Toyota Celica SS-II (ST202) ’97 – 5’29.340
5 / Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg ZR ’97 – 5’30.114
6 / Mitsubishi FTO GR ’94 - --‘--.---

Prize money: Cr.3,000

Race 2: Grand Valley Speedway East Section Reverse – 4 laps

1grandvalleyeastR.png

Track map by AMG. Normal direction corner numbers edited out by moi to avoid confusion.

My opponents this race disappointed me to say the least. On pole was a red Honda Prelude, behind it a green Honda Civic ’95, following them a black Prelude, a blue Mirage and a white Prelude. My FC starting at the rear. Does that grid sound familiar? Yeah, that’s right, it’s the same cars my Mirage took on and beat. This race is probably going to be a walkover.
Jap10k35.jpg

Jap10k30-1.jpg

Jap10k31-1.jpg

Jap10k32.jpg

Jap10k33.jpg

Jap10k34.jpg

It was no surprise to see my A-spec points for this race at only 94. But as I’ve said, this isn’t an A-spec point challenge.

Again, the Initial D CD was playing in the CD player. Unfortunately there were no other Initial D fans on the grid to appreciate the music, shame.

Since it as a rolling start at 50mph, I kept my RX-7 in 2nd gear, hoping to get the jump on the Prelude in front before turn A. The Hondas in front took off past the line, followed by the Mirage and the Prelude. I put my foot to the floor, revving all the way to 8,000rpm before shifting into 3rd.
Jap10k36.jpg

The Prelude managed to keep ahead past turn A, and blocking me at turn B.
Jap10k37.jpg

Jap10k38.jpg

Into the tunnel after turn C I was still behind the Prelude. I downshifted and let my 13B fill the tunnel with that epic Rotary sound. :D
Jap10k39.jpg

I flew past the Prelude at turn D, out braking him and using the kerb to whip around the corner.
Jap10k40.jpg

Jap10k41.jpg

Jap10k42.jpg

Again using the kerbs, I overtook the Mirage effortlessly at turn F.
Jap10k43.jpg

Jap10k44.jpg

Jap10k45.jpg

There was only 3 Hondas standing between my and 1st place, and with the whole race ahead of us, I was certain I could win. If a Mirage can do it, a FC can too.
Jap10k46.jpg

I squeezed past the Prelude at turn J, just behind the Civic going down into the start/finish straight.
Jap10k47.jpg

Jap10k48.jpg

Jap10k49.jpg

I slipstreamed the Civic, keeping close behind, but then the bugger took off! How the hell?!
Jap10k50.jpg

Jap10k51.jpg

The Civic got right up to the bumper of the leading Prelude going into turn A, with my FC braking late and right on the tail of the Civic. Fun yet frightening at the same time.
Jap10k52.jpg

Going into turn B, I took my chance to overtake. Slipping past both the Civic and Prelude.
Jap10k53.jpg

Jap10k54.jpg

Jap10k55.jpg

Jap10k56.jpg

The Prelude tried to fight back, but lost out to the FC coming into turn D.
Jap10k57.jpg

From there I said sayonara, as my FC took off from the Prelude, leaving the FWD crew to fight it out between themselves.
Jap10k58.jpg

Finish! But where is everyone else?
Jap10k59.jpg

Race 2: Grand Valley Speedway East Section Reverse – Results

Best lap: 1’18.292

Results:
1 / Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC, J) ’90 – 5’27.298
2 / Honda Civic SiR-II (EG) ’95 – 5’38.044
3 / Honda Prelude Type S ’96 – 5’39.428
4 / Honda Prelude SiR ’96 – 5’40.466
5 / Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg ZR ’97 – 5’41.005
6 / Honda Prelude Si VTEC ’91 – 5’42.105

Race 3: Twin Ring Motegi – East Short Course – 3 laps

wctrtrmotegieastqp8.gif

Track map by AMG.

I might as well copy and paste the grid from the previous race, because it’s the exact same opponents! Infact I will copy and paste. “On pole was a red Honda Prelude, behind it a green Honda Civic ’95, following them a black Prelude, a blue Mirage and a white Prelude. My FC starting at the rear.” Will they ever learn?
Jap10k60.jpg

Jap10k30-1.jpg

Jap10k31-1.jpg

Jap10k32.jpg

Jap10k33.jpg

Jap10k34.jpg

Apologies for using the previous race’s pictures for the opponents, but it’s not worth taking another 5 pictures of the same cars. :P

A-spec points for this race were a mere 94, just like before.

A friend was borrowing my Initial D music CD to rip to his PC, so I went music-less this race. My 13B will play some nice sounds for me anyway. :D

Again, the start of the race was a rolling one. Starting at 37mph this time though. As the Prelude in front of me sped up and took off, I put my foot to the floor, chasing it in hot pursuit.
Jap10k61.jpg

I hit 110mph as I reached the 90 degree, braking hard and taking the corner easily, already up close to the Prelude.
Jap10k62.jpg

Jap10k63.jpg

Jap10k64.jpg

I cut the corner going into turn 2, dirty move I know but it got me past the Prelude which no doubt would of held me up otherwise.
Jap10k65.jpg

Chasing the Mirage into turn 3 and 4, I took position to pass it down the straight, but the Mirage seems to have had an upgrade since Grand Valley, because it managed to outgun me to turn 5.
Jap10k66.jpg

Jap10k67.jpg

Obviously the Mirage didn’t upgrade enough, as I easily out braked it into turn 5, taking 4th place with ease.
Jap10k68.jpg

Jap10k69.jpg

I passed the Prelude on exit of the 130R.
Jap10k70.jpg

I held off passing the Civic at the S curves, something inside me wanted to take on the Civic down a long straight. Even at the V curve, I held off.
Jap10k71.jpg

Coming out of the hairpin I floored the throttle and got beside the Civic.
Jap10k72.jpg

I caught the slipstream of the Prelude in front, helping my FC beat the Civic down the start/finish straight. Could this be the end of the Civic’s drag dominance?
Jap10k73.jpg

Nope! It still managed to stay by my side despite not in a slipstream! That thing has to be packing a K20A or something, that isn’t a stock EG6 for sure.
Jap10k74.jpg

The Prelude braked for the 90 degree, with the Civic right beside me I was forced to brake behind the Prelude.
Jap10k75.jpg

The Civic blew past, but the Prelude turned in sooner than the Civic expected, and ended up hitting the Prelude.
Jap10k76.jpg

With the Civic’s mistake costing it some speed, I overtook on the outside to claim 2nd.
Jap10k77.jpg

I stayed behind the Prelude until turn 5. There I out braked it, pulled a little slide, then sped off, leaving it for dust for the 2nd time.
Jap10k78.jpg

Jap10k79.jpg

I took the rest of the race at a slightly reduced pace, I didn’t feel like pushing too hard at Motegi, considering what usually happens when I do. :P
Jap10k80.jpg

I won! With the opponents in view for once.
Jap10k81.jpg

Race 3: Twin Ring Motegi – East Short Course – Results

Best lap: 1’46.618

Results:
1 / Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC, J) ’90 – 5’30.058
2 / Honda Prelude Type S ’96 – 5’32.684
3 / Honda Civic SiR-II (EG) ’95 – 5’33.094
4 / Honda Prelude SiR ’96 – 5’34.399
5 / Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg ZR ’97 – 5’35.800
6 / Honda Prelude Si VTEC ’91 – 5’38.493

Race 4 & 5 posted here because I seem to have hit the 100 image limit in this post.

nice shots of the cars there.., BTW, what songs did you play on your Initial D music CD?? :)

Nice write up, and fantastic pictures (they really captured the event well)! 👍 With the the 240SX's ability to take you in a straight line and the troubles that it had later with that Silvia Ks, it may be possible that it was shod with S3's, which could have been wearing a little thin towards the end there...

But it was what, three laps? In that distance, a set of S3s would be just starting to go from green to yellow (still very green) in my hands, and seeing as the AI tends to go a few laps further than me on tires... As S13s tend to understeer a bit, it stands to reason that the fronts heated first, causing a bit of oversteer compared to normal.

nice shots of the cars there.., BTW, what songs did you play on your Initial D music CD?? :)

It was the Battle Stage OST. Supersonic Fire, This Time and Golden Age played during the race, since I paused a couple of times for MSN replies. :P

I'll be doing race 2 today and putting the report up later on.

But it was what, three laps? In that distance, a set of S3s would be just starting to go from green to yellow (still very green) in my hands, and seeing as the AI tends to go a few laps further than me on tires... As S13s tend to understeer a bit, it stands to reason that the fronts heated first, causing a bit of oversteer compared to normal.

True, but it was just a theory. Of course, sometimes it seems like the computer just gives up in some cases when the lead car gets passed. Perhaps the AI just likes driving into an open road and passing him just makes him less confident?

Roj, looking forward to race 2! HURRY UP!!1 ;)

Its been done and written up, just taking pictures now. ;)

Edit: Its up.

Walk in the park :sly: You sure showed them who has wrong wheel drive. GT5 fixes that a little though, I'm impressed by driving an Integra Type R in that game.

Walk in the park :sly: You sure showed them who has wrong wheel drive. GT5 fixes that a little though, I'm impressed by driving an Integra Type R in that game.

Yeah. Too easy. :sly:

Race 3 is written up, aquiring pictures now.

Edit: Race 3 up!

Great job VTiRoj! I didn't even realise this was different to your original thread until I read the title more closely and realised that you're now on an even tighter budget! :eek:
Good pictures and some thrilling races so far! Keep up the good work. :cheers:

Great Writeups, Roj! You have really got a knack for photography, if I may say so. Your pictures really help tell the story, and they are worth a full ten thousand words each. Also, you've inspired me to get myself back into GT4 by means of this race.

Rock on, Roj!:cheers:

Nice work VTiRoj! good racing on a tight budget and nice picture story. Stunning maps, where did you get .... oh wait ....duh ;)

Must say that seeing those maps being edited (understandably) I now changed my format for the GT5P maps to make 2 of each track where they run in 2 directions. It does make it clearer.

AMG.

It was the Battle Stage OST. Supersonic Fire, This Time and Golden Age played during the race, since I paused a couple of times for MSN replies. :P.

Great stuff, I like the pictures very much.., how about a little competition on who can take better screenshots, eh?? :mischievous:

Battle Stage OST?? play Express Love and Crazy for Your Love, those two songs are my favorites, which I am listening to right now.., :cool:

"And I die for you tonight, and I'm crying with you, you give an Express Love..,

Stop for a while and think of me, to be part of my life so you can Express Love!!"
try drifting sometimes.., 👍:lol:

give the AI a beating..,

Great job VTiRoj! I didn't even realise this was different to your original thread until I read the title more closely and realised that you're now on an even tighter budget! :eek:
Good pictures and some thrilling races so far! Keep up the good work. :cheers:
Yeah the thread titles do literally have 1 number difference between them. :D I shall try to keep it up! 👍
Great Writeups, Roj! You have really got a knack for photography, if I may say so. Your pictures really help tell the story, and they are worth a full ten thousand words each. Also, you've inspired me to get myself back into GT4 by means of this race.

Rock on, Roj!:cheers:
Why thank you. :) Glad to see I've inspired someone too! 👍
Nice work VTiRoj! good racing on a tight budget and nice picture story. Stunning maps, where did you get .... oh wait ....duh ;)

Must say that seeing those maps being edited (understandably) I now changed my format for the GT5P maps to make 2 of each track where they run in 2 directions. It does make it clearer.

AMG.
Yeah the maps are really handy for things like this, thanks. :)👍
Nice work Roj, keep up the pain bringing to the AI.
I'll bring them ass whuppin', but I won't actually put them in pain. I don't want to be chased by the police for AI abuse. :ill:
Great stuff, I like the pictures very much.., how about a little competition on who can take better screenshots, eh?? :mischievous:

Battle Stage OST?? play Express Love and Crazy for Your Love, those two songs are my favorites, which I am listening to right now.., :cool:

"And I die for you tonight, and I'm crying with you, you give an Express Love..,

Stop for a while and think of me, to be part of my life so you can Express Love!!"
try drifting sometimes.., 👍:lol:

give the AI a beating..,
Why do you all want me to beat up the AI? :confused: Are they that annoying? :lol:

How about I put you in the boot of the FC and you sing for me? I could do with some ballast at the rear. :lol:

Race 4 will either be done and up later today or tomorrow. :cool:

Wadda ya mean, police praise AI abuse. :lol: The AI in GT5:P is so much better now, these guys look like online cheaters. :irked:

ballast my foot!! :grumpy::irked:

If you say so. *drops 10kg weight on =drifting24/7='s foot* :dopey:

I can enter GTP Idol! :D
FC!
FC!
Dont you see?!
FC!

:cool:

Race 4 will be a night time race, so get ready for more popup light action! :crazy:

*Sung to tune of big butts song*

I like Hol-dens that I can not lie
Although I might deny
That when a Ford drives past with a Lancer up his arse
I will go...for....the Ford!

Pop up lights, not a big fan of them, but I'm sure you'll do some nice photos with night time to play with ;)

If you say so. *drops 10kg weight on =drifting24/7='s foot* :dopey:

how about I tie you up in the passenger's seat of my Spoon Civic?? I COULD use a little more "front end grip"..,

"Close your eyes and trust me darling, love is just the answer for me..,"

I like this song, has a fast beat that helps pump your adrenaline when playing a racing game..,

how about I tie you up in the passenger's seat of my Spoon Civic?? I COULD use a little more "front end grip"..,

"Close your eyes and trust me darling, love is just the answer for me..,"

I like this song, has a fast beat that helps pump your adrenaline when playing a racing game..,

That better be a song, after your comment about tieing me up in your seat, that sounds quite disturbing. :scared:

nd 4 holden spd, please stop singing, my windows cannot take it. :sly: I'm kidding, just sing closer to the Spoon Civic parked over there. :P

That better be a song, after your comment about tieing me up in your seat, that sounds quite disturbing. :scared:

nd 4 holden spd, please stop singing, my windows cannot take it. :sly: I'm kidding, just sing closer to the Spoon Civic parked over there. :P

It is a song, check your Battle Stage OST CD when you get it back, the song's title is "Crazy for your Love".., i'm telling you, you're gonna...errr..LOVE that song when you hear it.., that songs plays when Takumi tries to jump a hairpin like what Kai did in Irohazaka.., it times in well with the jump, that race was so cool.., you should watch Battle Stage on Youtube.., sorry if it turned out another way that you think, didn't mean it.., apologies..,

Okay, enough off-topic chit-chat, more race reports.., and singing.., :dopey:

It is a song, check your Battle Stage OST CD when you get it back, the song's title is "Crazy for your Love".., i'm telling you, you're gonna...errr..LOVE that song when you hear it.., that songs plays when Takumi tries to jump a hairpin like what Kai did in Irohazaka.., it times in well with the jump, that race was so cool.., you should watch Battle Stage on Youtube.., sorry if it turned out another way that you think, didn't mean it.., apologies..,

Okay, enough off-topic chit-chat, more race reports.., and singing.., :dopey:

Yeah, I know. First bit of Initial D I ever watched was Battle Stage. 👍

Back to racing
Looking at the TV I am facing
Going to win some races
And slap you all in the faces!

Imagine there's no heaven.
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky...

Imagine all the people
Livin' for today!
Imagine there's no country
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too

Imagine all the people
Livin' life in peace, yoo-hoo

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one...

Can't y'all quit arguing? :P

Next race up yet?

I hit the 100 image limit. :lol:

Races 4 and 5 races shall be posted in this post, and the main post will have a link to here.

Race 4: Special Stage Route 5 Reverse – 3 laps

1ssr5R.png

Track map by AMG. Normal direction corner numbers edited out by moi to avoid confusion.

Shock! Horror! We have a totally new grid for today’s race! Starting in pole position for this rolling start stands a silver Mazda 323F. Behind it, a red Nissan Primera with a black Nissan Silvia behind. A pair of Hondas, the Integra Type R and CR-X SiR, follow them in 4th and 5th place. Starting last as always, my FC.
Jap10k88.jpg

Jap10k82.jpg

Jap10k83.jpg

Jap10k84.jpg

Jap10k85.jpg

Jap10k86.jpg

Jap10k87.jpg

The A-spec points for this race came to 116pts, the most so far this series.

The Initial D CD returns this race, after my friend was done ripping it to his PC. I skipped past a few songs in order to get a couple of songs playing suggested by =drifting24/7=. ;)

With a rolling start at 50mph, and a Honda in front of me, my attack would probably begin at turn A, even though the main straight of this track is huge! The Mazda takes off, followed by the Nissan and Honda pairs, quickly followed by my screaming FC.
Jap10k89.jpg

At first I was left totally for dust, as I expected really.
Jap10k90.jpg

I closed the gap right up at turn A though.
Jap10k91.jpg

Jap10k92.jpg

And at the exit of turn B, I was all over the CR-X.
Jap10k93.jpg

The CR-X lost out to the FC at turn C, as I dived down the inside.
Jap10k94.jpg

Jap10k95.jpg

Using some Initial D-esque driving, I overtook the Integra on the inside, using the kerbing to keep the FC on the inside.
Jap10k96.jpg

Jap10k97.jpg

Jap10k98.jpg

Jap10k99.jpg

I noticed at this point that the Silvia in front was infact a Q’s model, not the turbocharged K’s.
Jap10k-2-01.jpg

At turn J the Silvia and I attempted to double-teamed the Primera.
Jap10k-2-02.jpg

The move backfired as the Primera blocked us.
Jap10k-2-03.jpg

Jap10k-2-04.jpg

At turn M I passed the Silvia after some paint scraping, and going into turn N I passed the Primera.
Jap10k-2-05.jpg

Jap10k-2-06.jpg

Jap10k-2-07.jpg

Now with a Mazda 1-2, Nissan 3-4, and Honda 5-6, the grid looked quite organised. :P Going onto the start/finish straight I took the outside lane, trying to overtake the 323F, but the git wanted the lane too, and decided to basically hump my door as we accelerated past 100mph.
Jap10k-2-08.jpg

Jap10k-2-09.jpg

Nearing 130mph, I started to pull away, until the Primera decided to stick its nose in, overtaking the 323F going into turn A.
Jap10k-2-10.jpg

Jap10k-2-11.jpg

Going into turn B the Primera and 323F fought for 2nd, with the Primera coming out victorious.
Jap10k-2-12.jpg

Jap10k-2-13.jpg

Jap10k-2-14.jpg

Jap10k-2-15.jpg

With the epic battle of the lame FWD family cars over, I took off in the FC. And since I love SSR5 so much, I pushed the FC hard. The result of my madness was a huge lead, and an impressive fast lap.
Jap10k-2-16.jpg

Jap10k-2-17.jpg

Jap10k-2-18.jpg

Jap10k-2-19.jpg

Finish!
Jap10k-2-20.jpg

Race 4: Special Stage Route 5 Reverse – Results

Best lap: 1’42.960

Results:
1 / Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC, J) ’90 – 5’21.739
2 / Nissan Primera 2.0Te (J) ’90 – 5’30.599
3 / Nissan Silvia Q’s AERO (S14) ’96 – 5’34.438
4 / Mazda 323F ’93 – 5’34.797
5 / Honda Integra Type R (DC2) ’95 – 5’35.389
6 / Honda CR-X SiR ’90 – 5’35.786

Race 5: Fuji Speedway 90’s – 3 laps

wctrfuji1990hw8.gif

Track map by AMG

Here it is folks, the final race of this 5 race series. Joining me in the finale is some old favourites, and some new faces. Starting in pole is our drag racing champion, the Civic SiR-II. Next to it, our favourite little Mirage. Behind, our fearless 323F and a new face in the series, the MR2 GT-S. Behind, the Prelude Type S and my FC3S RX-7.
Jap10k-2-21.jpg

Jap10k-2-22.jpg

Jap10k-2-23.jpg

Jap10k-2-25.jpg

Jap10k-2-26.jpg

Jap10k-2-27.jpg

Jap10k-2-28.jpg

A-spec points for this race totalled up to 103. No doubt that MR2 is the reason it’s past 100.

A Wangan Midnight CD replaced the Initial D CD. Why? Because this is going to be a high-speed showdown, so I need high-speed music. ;)

Since the race was going to be a standing start, I knew I had a chance of getting the jump on everyone right from the start, giving me a head start coming onto the main straight, because as we know, that Civic doesn’t lose down straights.

With what was going to my this FC’s last race before, I honoured it by revving it to 8,000rpm. Another high-rpm launch to leave a lasting impression. The lights went green, the tyres spun, then gripped and the beginning of the end started.
Jap10k-2-29.jpg

Right off the line I was past the Prelude.
Jap10k-2-30.jpg

And I was only a few meters into the race when the MR2, 323F and the Mirage were overtaken too.
Jap10k-2-31.jpg

I challenged the Civic to a braking battle at turn 1.
Jap10k-2-32.jpg

I won. :)
Jap10k-2-33.jpg

Now I had to build up a huge lead.
Jap10k-2-34.jpg

At turn 3 and the 100R it was obvious the FC had a major advantage here. Even the MR2 with its better PWR couldn’t hold a candle to the FC.
Jap10k-2-35.jpg

Jap10k-2-36.jpg

A braking drift into turn 7 got the crowds cheering.
Jap10k-2-37.jpg

Full throttle past turns 8 and 9, then onto the straight.
Jap10k-2-38.jpg

At this point even the Civic couldn’t catch up.
Jap10k-2-39.jpg

Braking at 140mph into turn 1.
Jap10k-2-40.jpg

Got glow?
Jap10k-2-41.jpg

Smooth sailing past turn 5.
Jap10k-2-42.jpg

At this point I only noticed that the 2nd place car was actually the MR2! What happened to the Civic I wonder?
Jap10k-2-43.jpg

Final corner of this race, and this championship.
Jap10k-2-45.jpg

Victory!
Jap10k-2-46.jpg

Race 5: Fuji Speedway 90’s – Results

Best lap: 1’51.473

Results:
1 / Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC, J) ’90 – 5’42.249
2 / Toyota MR2 GT-S ’97 – 5’46.876 – 5’46.876
3 / Honda Civic SiR-II (EG) ’95 – 5’54.758
4 / Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg ZR ’97 – 5’57.806
5 / Honda Prelude Type S ’96 - --‘--.---
6 / Mazda 323F ’93 - --‘--.---

Prize car: A black NISMO 400R :sly:

So that’s it, it’s over. I’ve done what I said I’d do. Win this championship with Cr.10,000. ;)

Hope you enjoyed it! :D

From the RX-7 and me, goodbye. 👍
Jap10k-2-44.jpg

Back