Japanese GTHD Concept 1.0 backup?

• Thread starter dbarrade
  • 4 comments
Draith
Has anyone still got a copy of GTHD Concept 1.0 with the FFB?

Is it possible to back this up, so you can swap out the HD with a bigger one and then put it back on... this is a general question for HD content, if I download various things and then decide I want to put in a bigger HD, can I copy across the content from my old HD?

Kind Regards,
dbarrade

Backup: Yeah, you can back up the entire HDD to an external source (external HDD is ideal). According to Pako it will save it in 4GB chunks.

Import PS3: Selling things on GTP is against the rules, except in the trading post area (GTPremium only). You'll need to edit that out or a moderator will come edit it for you.

OK, so now we are getting somewhere, has anyone tried to back up the HD of one PS3 and restore it to another?

Preferably a backup with GTHD Concept 1.0 on it?

Backup: Yeah, you can back up the entire HDD to an external source (external HDD is ideal). According to Pako it will save it in 4GB chunks.
The PS3 uses the FAT32 file system (for peripherals, not sure about the unit itself); so the 4gb chunks are a direct consequence, as it’s the maximum file size allowed.

Whilst the backup files can be accessed externally, the backup itself can only be restored on the unit that made them, heavy encryption anyone? Even if the encryption is broken, I don’t think the methods will be released publicly, as this will be done to protect the integrity of the online experience, ie. prevent mass cheating.

Mind you, anything could happen…

At least for the people that do have the GTHD Concept Demo 1.0 on their HD they will be able to upgrade the HD without fear of losing it...

Excellent post, thankyou that has been really helpful!

Back