JDM SUBARU COLOUR CHOICE?

England
Luton,Bedfordshire
M3BIMMER2012
IDONTPAY4ONLINE
hi guys
I have been so fascinated with JDM imports lately! I found this impreza wrx turbo for only £1,000!
jdmsubaru.png

What I would do: BLUE SPARCO REAR MUDFLAPS, DURAFLEX S-SPORT FRONT BUMPER, SPARCO ADAPTER/MOMO STEERING WHEEL (OVERALL COST INC. CAR = £1,305).
I was thinking, this car would need a colour change, because to be fair, I know JDM tends to be about stealth (Not being to obvious in a crowd), but I would like my car to turn heads if you know what I mean?
I was thinking I could get the car wrapped, averaged about +£1,500. what colour would you guys think would suit this JDM? Heres the front bumper to help you imagine this car...
jdmsubarufrontbumper.jpg

cheers guys
(ps. I don't mind what material, such as gloss, matte, carbon etc. you recommend, or what colour, I would like to know what you think would suit this to make a 'proper' JDM machine)

I wouldn't get matte, it always ends up looking 'kinda ricy to me. I would also recommend not getting that front bumper; you may think it looks good in the picture, but I can guarantee that unless you get it professionally fitted it won't fit or look right. Not only that, but imo that bumper is pretty ugly.

That aside, I'd recommend a glossy finish. Here are some pictures of ones that I think look pretty nice, although they've all been done to death :lol::
1996_Subaru_ImprezaWRXSTiVersionIII1.jpg

Impreza_WRX_STI_ver6.jpg

11.jpg

(hate the wheels on this one though.)
471215_10150918492116090_1284308063_o.jpg

05.jpg

Of course, World Rally Blue is always an option. Personally, I like the white the most. Also, ignore that those are all STis :dopey:

Also, I noticed you neglected to mention anything about the condition of this car. Things like milage, owner count, etcetera. Have you considered any thing like that? Insurance? No offense, but you seem to be 'kinda rushing into this (and I would know about that :lol: just look in my post history from about a year ago)

I wouldn't get matte, it always ends up looking 'kinda ricy to me. I would also recommend not getting that front bumper; you may think it looks good in the picture, but I can guarantee that unless you get it professionally fitted it won't fit or look right. Not only that, but imo that bumper is pretty ugly.

That aside, I'd recommend a glossy finish. Here are some pictures of ones that I think look pretty nice, although they've all been done to death :lol::
1996_Subaru_ImprezaWRXSTiVersionIII1.jpg

Impreza_WRX_STI_ver6.jpg

11.jpg

(hate the wheels on this one though.)
471215_10150918492116090_1284308063_o.jpg

05.jpg

Of course, World Rally Blue is always an option. Personally, I like the white the most. Also, ignore that those are all STis :dopey:

Also, I noticed you neglected to mention anything about the condition of this car. Things like milage, owner count, etcetera. Have you considered any thing like that? Insurance? No offense, but you seem to be 'kinda rushing into this (and I would know about that :lol: just look in my post history from about a year ago)
cheers mate! about that bit at the bottom, im actually just planning for the future lol! I did want to go for the darker look, but I agree that matte could be the wrong choice. WR blue is actually a good idea though. yeah im not to sure about the front bumper either? I want something with a lot of mesh that could show the radiator, but I don't want it to look too stupid lol

You are 15. There is no way you are going to be driving such a car for your first car, never mind the "modifications". You're in for a massive shock when you actually understand what things cost.

And please, if you do end up with an Impreza one day, please avoid your currently planned modifications. :ill:

hsv
You are 15. There is no way you are going to be driving such a car for your first car, never mind the "modifications". You're in for a massive shock when you actually understand what things cost.

And please, if you do end up with an Impreza one day, please avoid your currently planned modifications. :ill:
I think he thinks he lives in America. I swear it's like the second most brought up 'first car' here sans NA.
Though I'd rather he did ruin an Impreza. But that's just a personal issue.

Of late, I've personally looked at what a first car might be for me (though I haven't even started getting a full license yet...the hell am I doing) and my favourite I've found that I like, but which I could actually afford, is the Fiat Seicento. That's the scale OP is better off looking at...

haha guys, chill chill, yes I am 15, soon to work at citroen, hoping to have a 2012-13 shape fiesta for my first car, chill! like I said, I was just planning for the future guys, c'mon. nice colour Murcie.

hoping to have a 2012-13 shape fiesta for my first car
How much money do you have in the first place, and are you aware of how that affects insurance (doubly so for your age)?

Jeez mate, yes I am FULLY aware of everything! thanks for the concern mate, but this ain't what the thread is about. no but honestly, I am very wise and mature, and I do understand insurance issues and other things, just don't forget that when I start getting money (very soon, about £100 a week) I will still be at home with no mortgage, bills and things to pay for, I will be earning pure profits

I was originally going to say that I'd love you for ever and ever if you did Cashmere Yellow as it's my favourite Subaru colour in all in eternity.

But now that I know you're the same age as me...

Nope. Just nope.

1000 pounds, with what mileage? And especially, for 1000 pounds, how hard has it been thrashed? Unless it was going to be a race car, you could never get me anywhere near such a cheap Subaru ever. And don't just say "I'll work on it myself", these things are absolutely bastards to work on, not to mention not very cheap parts either.

Wait... scratch that. You're 15, not even old enough to have a license yet. Don't worry about what your future car is going to be, just focus on your first car which you'll actually be driving in the near future. If you're 'mature' you'll start thinking about purchasing high performance sports cars when you actually have an ounce of experience.

Why is everyone hating man? at least im eager and ambitious, if you want to know the real truth, I was hoping to keep my first car forever, until I could afford my dream car; The Nissan 350z. the Subaru thing was just a future project I was hoping on doing, but its nice to know people are supportive :grumpy:

SVX
1000 pounds, with what mileage? And especially, for 1000 pounds, how hard has it been thrashed? Unless it was going to be a race car, you could never get me anywhere near such a cheap Subaru ever. And don't just say "I'll work on it myself", these things are absolutely bastards to work on, not to mention not very cheap parts either.
Any kind of GC8 in the UK that hasn't been meticulously maintained as part of SIDC or similar is 100% guaranteed to be an ex-chav wagon.
Why is everyone hating man? at least im eager and ambitious, if you want to know the real truth, I was hoping to keep my first car forever, until I could afford my dream car; The Nissan 350z. the Subaru thing was just a future project I was hoping on doing, but its nice to know people are supportive :grumpy:
These are the kind of car thoughts I had when I was about 8 or 9. Facing you up to reality =/= hating. Ambition =/= making a massive purchase mistake. Support =/= lying to make you feel good about your plans.

Listen, everyone wants project cars and has dream cars, but unless you're extremely well off with a pretty vast knowledge bank, you won't get very far on projects, and "dream cars" will stay as such. You speak as though everyone works up an automatic ladder of vehicle progression; but that's just not how it works - being able to purchase it at all is one thing, but even with that box ticked it's still the very tiniest tip of the iceberg in terms of car ownership.

Nobody is hating, we're just trying to make you ground yourself in reality a bit further.

Why would we support something that's silly? You constantly mention that you're very mature - yet here we are.

By the way - hating =/= giving advice.

As you mentioned, you're 15. A high performance four wheel drive sports car is out of the question at such a young age. If you'd have been driving for a few years, sure, I'd be all for telling you what to look out for when purchasing one of these, but you don't even have your license yet.

Look, we're not telling you that you can't aspire to one someday, but right now it's just not feasible.

Get your first car. Drive it. Learn it. Gain experience. Then start thinking about what your project will be.

Edit: Annnnnd hsv has summed it up much better than me.

hsv
Any kind of GC8 in the UK that hasn't been meticulously maintained as part of SIDC or similar is 100% guaranteed to be an ex-chav wagon.

These are the kind of car thoughts I had when I was about 8 or 9. Facing you up to reality =/= hating. Ambition =/= making a massive purchase mistake. Support =/= lying to make you feel good about your plans.

Listen, everyone wants project cars and has dream cars, but unless you're extremely well off with a pretty vast knowledge bank, you won't get very far on projects, and "dream cars" will stay as such. You speak as though everyone works up an automatic ladder of vehicle progression; but that's just not how it works - being able to purchase it at all is one thing, but even with that box ticked it's still the very tiniest tip of the iceberg in terms of car ownership.

Nobody is hating, we're just trying to make you ground yourself in reality a bit further.
well atleast your explaining yourself, I actually appreciate those words. I understand mate, and I see what you mean, but just imagine if I sat down (being as maad about cars as I am), and just imagined being in a corsa all my life. even if I don't manage to get either car, at least I know I was prepared and tried, you see what I mean? thankyou though, at least now I get what you mean. im being honest though, in my sitation, I believe with hard work and patience the 350z is possible, just gotta stay at home lol
(EDIT not for FIRST car lol, i don't mind how long it takes to get one)

Things look fine here to me. While he won't be getting that specific Subaru, or any Subaru for that matter in awhile he does say this is for future reference. And a 350Z as a dream car? How obtainable of a dream car is that!

Seemed like he was planning to get it in the near future to me.

well atleast your explaining yourself, I actually appreciate those words. I understand mate, and I see what you mean, but just imagine if I sat down (being as maad about cars as I am), and just imagined being in a corsa all my life. even if I don't manage to get either car, at least I know I was prepared and tried, you see what I mean? thankyou though, at least now I get what you mean. im being honest though, in my sitation, I believe with hard work and patience the 350z is possible, just gotta stay at home lol
(EDIT not for FIRST car lol, i don't mind how long it takes to get one)

I genuinely feel sorry for you UK people. I'm planning to get an AE111 as my first car, and I honestly don't care if I end up having it for years as it's a fantastic car to drive with huge potential. Plus, dat black top.

SVX
I genuinely feel sorry for you UK people. I'm planning to get an AE111 as my first car, and I honestly don't care if I end up having it for years as it's a fantastic car to drive with huge potential. Plus, dat black top.
see, I don't get this quote, I said I don't mind how long it takes for me to earn my dream car, so why do you feel sorry for me? look, if you have such a huge problem with me and this thread, just leave maybe?
Things look fine here to me. While he won't be getting that specific Subaru, or any Subaru for that matter in awhile he does say this is for future reference. And a 350Z as a dream car? How obtainable of a dream car is that!
thank you mate, this is what message im trying to send across to people, but its always the "your only 15" nonsense, im being realistic here guys and PLANNING for the future, no matter how long it may be!

I'm partial to Cashmere Yellow. No bias at all. Noooone whatsoever. Doo-do-do nothing to see here below...

View attachment 343140

Looks magnificent 👍

hsv
Because we have an awesome secondhand car market that is killed completely by ludicrous insurance costs.

I didn't know this: I pay about $100 a month on my MR2 here in the U.S (although thats far from full coverage) How much do you think it would be for me in the U.K?

Last edited:
hsv
we're just trying to make you ground yourself in reality a bit further
and by the way, if we want to get deep, your profile says "Future racing driver (I hope).", your the same age as me, sorry, im not hatting, but your more than likely not going to become a racing driver. I didn't want to post this, but I feel im being 2v1'ed, so I need to defend myself aswell (lol kinda sounds like ufc). anyway, lets get back to the actuall purpose of this thread? maybe?

see, I don't get this quote, I said I don't mind how long it takes for me to earn my dream car, so why do you feel sorry for me? look, if you have such a huge problem with me and this thread, just leave maybe?

I feel sorry for you guys because your first cars always have to be dreary barely over a litre econoboxes. Meanwhile, save enough here and you could get a Type R in drag if you want.

thank you mate, this is what message im trying to send across to people, but its always the "your only 15" nonsense,

Notice how the people who are saying this are the same age...

im being realistic here guys and PLANNING for the future, no matter how long it may be!

Right, don't mind me while I go start a thread for my potential future R32 asking what kind of air I should get for it...

and by the way, if we want to get deep, your profile says "Future racing driver (I hope).", your the same age as me, sorry, im not hatting, but your more than likely not going to become a racing driver. I didn't want to post this, but I feel im being 2v1'ed, so I need to defend myself aswell (lol kinda sounds like ufc). anyway, lets get back to the actuall purpose of this thread? maybe?
"Get deep"? I guessed you'd try and turn it around on me somehow; so all I'll say is you know nothing of my plans, my family's savings, who I know, and what I have done in the past. Having a spare £5k one day is hardly unrealistic, plus I'm actually taking my ARDS license in 2016. Also, going on the offensive against someone isn't getting your own thread back on track.

hsv
"Get deep"? I guessed you'd try and turn it around on me somehow; so all I'll say is you know nothing of my plans, my family's savings, who I know, and what I have done in the past. Having a spare £5k one day is hardly unrealistic, plus I'm actually taking my ARDS license in 2016. Also, going on the offensive against someone isn't getting your own thread back on track.
yes, you said it! everything you just said relates to me, I didn't post this to be mean, I posted it for you to say how I feel. so no hard feelings, just how you are and feel is the same as me.
SVX
I feel sorry for you guys because your first cars always have to be dreary barely over a litre econoboxes. Meanwhile, save enough here and you could get a Type R in drag if you want.

Notice how the people who are saying this are the same age...

Right, don't mind me while I go start a thread for my potential future R32 asking what kind of air I should get for it...
Good job, just keep on mocking me, just get out my thread man, at least hsv explains himself, your just actually ANNOYING

What is going on???

Anyway, if you were to actually get a Subi, as you have stated before that you were going to get one in the future, I would say wait until you are financially stable. In other words, wait until you have a good job to support your losses on maintenance and parts and whatnot. Dead serious.

As for you calling out on people, I understand how you are getting all defensive about this topic, since it as seems like they are crushing your dreams and all, but you need to look straight at reality and think of what you'll have to deal with in the situation.

When I was your age, I always wanted to get a cool first car, like a Datsun 280Z. I wasn't able to because I was young at the time and insurance costs would probably be bleagh even if it was a classic car. I came to accept the cold hard truth and went on my first year of driving with a Toyota Camry.

The first car will almost always be a car you won't really like, but you'll soon grow an attachment to it in the later years. Just wait in the future when you begin to take responsibility with money. Not saying that you're an irresponsible person, but saying that money is a serious matter.

Last edited:
Back