JDM Tuner Championship* CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF RACERS

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1241Penguin
  • 11 comments
  • 1,130 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

1241Penguin

Diamond Member
Premium
Messages
5,926
Canada
Canada
[Cancelled]
 
Last edited:
[Cancelled]
 
Last edited:
Interested,

Planned race day/Time?

With the outage of PSN, I cannot confirm the planned race dates and times. It will, however, most likely be on a Saturday or Sunday, and it will be sometime at noon (pacific standard time).
 
I'm sure you had a reason, but just out of curiosity, why are you only limiting it to the premium cars and why are you allowing ASM, and TCS?

Also what race length are you thinking, and what time zone (or roughly what time?).

Cheers...
 
I'm sure you had a reason, but just out of curiosity, why are you only limiting it to the premium cars and why are you allowing ASM, and TCS?

Also what race length are you thinking, and what time zone (or roughly what time?).

Cheers...

1. The premium cars will look better in photoshoots. :D However, if enough people want, I will also allow standard cars.

2. I want more people to join, and so I thought that it would be nice if assists were allowed. Like #1, if enough people want, I will disallow assists.

3. Races should be no more than 15 minutes (excluding Practice and Qualification)

4. I live in the Pacific Time Zone.
 
I'm down. I'll have to work out the time differences because i think noon PST is early morning EST

GTP: SpartanG
PSN: Woo_Boost
Car: evo ix
Car Colour: unknown
 
I'm down. I'll have to work out the time differences because i think noon PST is early morning EST

GTP: SpartanG
PSN: Woo_Boost
Car: evo ix
Car Colour: unknown

Thanks for joining! :D

BTW, if less than 5 people join, then the series will be cancelled.
 
Im keen, also need to double check the time zones as may be early morning for me.

GTP: XpLiCiT_CaShh
PSN: XpLiCiT_CaShh
Car: Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nür (R34) ’02
Car Colour: TBC
 
You've got my interest. Just a couple of things that are keeping me from jumping on.

I'd like to see a list of tracks that you plan on using.

For me, 15 minutes for a race does not seem long enough. I tend to practice for hours in preparation for the next race. Right now it doesnt seem like a good trade off for the amount of hours that I like to log in before a race.

How many types of each car or brand are you going to allow? I think there should be a limit to how many of each car manufacturer can enter the race. We are trying to prove which is king right?

I think you have a good idea so far. I've got my eye on hopefully representing Subaru. I'll be keeping my eye on this thread.
 
You've got my interest. Just a couple of things that are keeping me from jumping on.

I'd like to see a list of tracks that you plan on using.

For me, 15 minutes for a race does not seem long enough. I tend to practice for hours in preparation for the next race. Right now it doesnt seem like a good trade off for the amount of hours that I like to log in before a race.

How many types of each car or brand are you going to allow? I think there should be a limit to how many of each car manufacturer can enter the race. We are trying to prove which is king right?

I think you have a good idea so far. I've got my eye on hopefully representing Subaru. I'll be keeping my eye on this thread.

1. 90% of the time we will be using World Circuits (those that exist in real life)

2. The race lengths are still to be determined. The 15 minute thing is nothing more than a speculation. Perhaps I will extend race lengths to ~30 minutes. The only thing that keeps me away from that is people getting bored. If we can manage to get a lot of players to join, then the race will be consistently fun, and thus we can extend the race lengths.

When enough people join, and PSN goes back up, I will have a Preview Race. This Preview Race can give us an idea of what race lengths people want. And since this is my first time hosting a series, that Preview Race will give me a good idea of what people want or what to expect.

3. As for the number of brands/cars allowed to join, I'll think about it. You do bring up a good point, but I also want players to be able to represent whatever car they wish. Plus, I do not want people to not join because they are forced to use a certain car. Still, I will think about it.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back