Jensen Interceptor 1971

upload_2014-1-21_8-58-18.jpeg

Yep love it.

anyways... why did Gran Turismo removed the Interseptor? was it because of the big 7.2 liter 440 Six Pak Hemi Engine???? it did have a 3 speed auto trans... but if you swap that thing for a 5 speed, the car would fly... F L Y ! ! ! lol

Personally I don't like the Fast and Furious version, but for a car designed in 1967 it certainly had looks which were way ahead of its time. I would also prefer the 1967 version - this was powered by a 383 cubic inch engine rated at 330bhp, but the 440 model was introduced later as a result of emissions regulations and was only rated at 280bhp. The SP (six pack) had a 383 fitted with three twin barrel carbs, but was dropped from the Jensen range due to low sales. The 440 was not a hemi - the hemi was a different engine altogether and was 426 cubic inches and was never offerred on a Jensen.

The Interceptor replaced the CV8 which was powered by the same 383 engine, but had much better performance thanks to a lightweight fibreglass body - the Interceptor was a heavy car, so although it was a step up in style it was a step down in performance from its predecessor the CV8.

Jensen CV8 2.jpg
Jensen_CV8 1964.jpg

Personally I don't like the Fast and Furious version, but for a car designed in 1967 it certainly had looks which were way ahead of its time. I would also prefer the 1967 version - this was powered by a 383 cubic inch engine rated at 330bhp, but the 440 model was introduced later as a result of emissions regulations and was only rated at 280bhp. The SP (six pack) had a 383 fitted with three twin barrel carbs, but was dropped from the Jensen range due to low sales. The 440 was not a hemi - the hemi was a different engine altogether and was 426 cubic inches and was never offerred on a Jensen.

The Interceptor replaced the CV8 which was powered by the same 383 engine, but had much better performance thanks to a lightweight fibreglass body - the Interceptor was a heavy car, so although it was a step up in style it was a step down in performance from its predecessor the CV8.

View attachment 104928 View attachment 104929
YUP! a 440 Plymouth an all American engine in this car... Every MOPAR guy should know about this car =)

Hey GTChampion1 - if you like side pipes and fast cars with big V8's, check out my thread titled TVR Griffith 200 1965!

Also check out my thread titled Sunbeam Tiger - big V8, no side pipes, but a great sound and style!

Hey GTChampion1 - if you like side pipes and fast cars with big V8's, check out my thread titled TVR Griffith 200 1965!

Also check out my thread titled Sunbeam Tiger - big V8, no side pipes, but a great sound and style!

the car it doesnt have to have side pipes... Im not into every single car you see out there with side pipes... but the Interseptor deserves to be fully modify with side pipes :)

the car it doesnt have to have side pipes... Im not into every single car you see out there with side pipes... but the Interseptor deserves to be fully modify with side pipes :)

It would be nice if a side pipe option was available from the tuning menu - I am old enough to remember when no self respecting young man would be seen dead driving a car without a set of "Thrush Outsiders" burbling away - in fact (being from the UK) I remember when it seemed like every three litre Ford Capri in the country had a leaf spring jack up kit a set of Wolfrace wheels and side pipes. Nostalgic days, sadly now long gone!

It would be nice if a side pipe option was available from the tuning menu - I am old enough to remember when no self respecting young man would be seen dead driving a car without a set of "Thrush Outsiders" burbling away - in fact (being from the UK) I remember when it seemed like every three litre Ford Capri in the country had a leaf spring jack up kit a set of Wolfrace wheels and side pipes. Nostalgic days, sadly now long gone!
yes! sidepipes would be nice & centered custom exhaust too... or an option to see if you want it on the left or the right or dual.... mmm.. someone has to post this as a new thread... if I dont see it by tomorrow I will start a new thread....lol

I was looking forward to get one of these in GT6, even if it's not a premium car, so I was a bit disappointed to hear that they removed it. Although I didn't play GT4 and GT5, I knew that it's in those games, and one of my expectations was to see the Interceptor carried over to GT6.

Sad that they removed the Interceptor from GT6. It was in GT5, so I was dissapointed when it didn't return.
Personally, I don't like the F&F version that much. A beautiful as this deserves to be stock!
I would love to see it return in GT6 as a premium model. Fingers crossed! (A fun thing is that my surname is Jensen! :D)

Sad that they removed the Interceptor from GT6. It was in GT5, so I was dissapointed when it didn't return.
Personally, I don't like the F&F version that much. A beautiful as this deserves to be stock!
I would love to see it return in GT6 as a premium model. Fingers crossed! (A fun thing is that my surname is Jensen! :D)

yeah... lets hope they bring this car back... Premium :)

Anyone who likes Jensen Interceptors check out my thread titled GKN FFF100 - that car was based on a Jensen FF Interceptor, but fitted with a lightweight body and a 600bhp 426 hemi. It broke the 0-100-0mph record in 1972.

would like to drive one of this cars one day, and maybe modify it too :) I seen a video on youtube of one of this with a Viper engine V10 baby!!!

There's no reason for pd to remove it from gt6. add it back, make people happy and boost your car number count in a better way than just duplicated cars especially with small to nothing different (just a different names for different region Ex:Mazda Mx5, Miata and Roadster.

Im gonna try, and explain everything, using horrible humour.
[Back in GT5, before the release of GT6]
MG F: Man, we gotta do something about the Jensen Interceptor.
Triumph Spitfire: what do you mean?
MG F: Don't you see the Ginetta G4 got karate chopped by him into that wall? And lets not forget those FPVs, we have to do something before he goes maniacal.
Triumph Spitfire: Good point, in that case lets bring out our deadlest-
*scene missing probably for being rather gruesome*
[Cut back to today in GT6]
Triumph Spitfire: ...
MG F: ...Man, i miss the Jensen Interceptor.

Back