Jerky replays

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 5' started by FosterG, Feb 7, 2014.

1. FosterG

FosterG

My replays are very "unsmooth" for about the past week and a half, anyone else having similar issues?

2. RC45

RC45 (Banned)

Tonight is the first time I have fired up FM5 for in the lsat 3 weeks. The extreme jerkyness and stupid looking sideways back and forth movement of the cars in the replays is the first thing I noticed.

It has rendered replays completely toy-like and pointless to watch.

3. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

Yeah, I really wish T10 would give replays some love. If they want to turn everyone into car lovers, you'd think they would put some effort into it.

SlyNine likes this.
  4. IceMan PJN

IceMan PJN

I never had trouble with replays, but I haven't viewed one in a while. I know I've read complaints of this on the official Forza forums, as well. I guess I should check to see if I also suffer from this problem.

5. IceMan PJN

IceMan PJN

Alright, an update...

I viewed a few replays this evening, and didn't notice anything different. The only jerkiness I see is in my car because I'm using a controller. That isn't new, as it was the same in FM5 previously as well as in previous titles. I used to view other people's replays in FM3 and FM4 and could quickly tell if they were using a wheel or controller because the stick is never as smooth as a wheel.

This input could be more pronounced, however, due to a change from Microsoft. I will return with a link to what I mean.

EDIT:
    Here we go.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/12/54...icks-more-precise-respawn-microsoft-titanfall

UKMikey and HAL20XX like this.
  6. Speedster911

Speedster911

^^ I believe the OP is referring more to awkward and unnatural looking replay cam angles rather than people playing with controllers.

You know what? I think it's high time Kaz and Dan went on a little date.. you know... maybe second base and all.. and come to some kind of agreement and/or understanding where Kaz would let Dan copy exactly the same replay cam angles from GT5 and 6 and paste them in FM5 and future Forzas?

Whatchu fellas think????

7. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

^^^^ haha! I was playing GT6 last night and I agree that the replay angles are much more realistic. It doesn't hurt that the blur from panning shots add to the realism, too.

8. Speedster911

Speedster911

Oh Forza's got the replay panning blur too... but looks rather wierd... as you can actually see little boxes of frames breaking apart. Maybe it isn't so noticeable on expensive TVs that use "expensive" visual and motion enhancements but mehh!

Maybe the date can fix that too. ;)

9. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

Yeah, the blur doesn't look as good in most cases, though there are some angles the make FM5 look drop dead gorgeous! I'm not holding much hope for them to improve, sadly.

10. Speedster911

Speedster911

There were actually a great number of replay cam angles in FM4 as well. Pity they couldn't replicate that on every track.

Oh well.