JGTC S1 Season Series

GT4 JGTC 2005 Season

jgtc012hq.jpg

Guys Do Not Reply In This Thread Without Having Fully Understood The Entire First Post

JGTC is one of the most competitive and even racing series on the planet. Sometimes the season champion is only revealed on the last race. My goal here is to set up a series where anyone can get a podium finish during the season. Winning all the time is great, but what’s the actual reward you get when it’s done with close to no effort because you’re just faster than others? For me, when there’s no challenge there’s no fun. So that’s why in this competition the faster guys will have it hard, giving a real sense of accomplishment when you win. That’s why we are going to use a weight penalty system to slow down the faster teams to make the field more even, air restrictors could also be used in extreme cases.

Next, I am setting this up for everyone to have fun. I’m taking some of my time to do this and when I start something I always finish it. I am very dedicated and there’s not a worst thing for me than dealing with slackers. Do not show interest if you know you won’t be able to compete for each and every races. You’ve been warned, having me against you is the worst thing you can possibly do. Do not loose my time and others time. Cheaters are not welcome here. I’m not an ignorant fool and I will check around submitted times. If you get caught you are automatically kicked out of this series, nobody gets a second chance with me.

I’m in a development stage and some small things are still left to be finalized. A lot of testing must be done and if you are interested to contribute and help out please let me know. I have plans to set up also a website with all the series info (driver list, standings, schedule, series rules) in a near future. Like I told you, if we can get this things started with enough dedicated drivers I have plans to run multiple racing seasons.

jgtc026vl.jpg

RULES : Standard Online Racing rules for clean racing apply at all times.

Qualifications :

2 wheels on track at all times
Rumble Strips are part of the track
No wall riding
No wall touching
No short cutting
No Cheating of any kind

Races :

Since this is a semi-enduro format (just under 1h each round) we can’t really ask for 100% clean free races. But you must still follow the same basic rules layed down for qualifications and use them at all time when possible. Since you are racing with other AI cars little incident may occur and result in an excursion off the track, those are normal racing battles. I have decided to use a “Forced Pit Entry” penalty system so that people don’t use to their advantage the AI cars to take turns. Passing another car should always be done with caution and fair play just like in real life.

SETTINGS :

Arcade Mode Settings

No. of Laps - Taken from the race schedule
Tire Wear - Strong
Driving Aids - None
Penalty - Forced Pit Entry
Time Limit - None

Driving Options

Transmission : Your choice
Driving Aids : None
Tires : Racing : Hard
Difficulty : 10

Quick Tune-Up

Power - Using the figure I give you before each Round
Weight - Using the figure I give you before each Round
Top Speed - Your choice
Driving Aids - None
Transmission - Your choice
Tire Type - Racing
Front tires - Your choice for qualif, RH-RM-RS-RSS for race
Rear tires - Your choice for qualif, RH-RM-RS-RSS for race

TEAMS :

Each team will consist of up to 3 drivers (2 main drivers and one backup). One main driver must race in the GT500 class and the other in the GT300 class. The backup driver will be there on times when one of the main driver can’t race during a certain week. Every team must have a name and a number for each car to be eligible. A single driver alone cannot run a team by himself, a minimum of 2 drivers is mandatory. If the info I receive from a driver is not the way I asked for, I will then return the message back telling it’s been unapproved and unvalid.

QUALIFICATIONS :

Each driver will run in Arcade Mode, using the Time Trial section to post a qualifying lap. It will be to the discretion of the drivers to use any type of tires they want to.

Qualifications sending format :

Team :
Driver Name :
Racing Class :

Car No. :
Car :
Power :
Weight :

Best Lap With Sector Times :
Tire Set :

RACES :

Again, the Arcade Mode will be used. The total length of each race will be given in the racing Schedule. You must use the No. of Laps from the race Schedule and put it in the Arcade Mode Settings. Each driver can run the race the number of attemps he so desires until been satisfied with his final time.

Races sending format :

Team :
Driver Name :
Racing Class :

Car No. :
Car :
Power :
Weight :

Total Time :
Best Lap :
Pitting Resume (lap info, tire set used, penalties) :

POINT SYSTEM :

points2ws.jpg

HANDICAP WEIGHTING :

The top three finishers of a race will be required to carry additional weight upon competing in the subsequent race. In the situation where these weight-augmented vehicles fail to finish in the top four, their accumulated weight will be reduced by 2% for both GT500 and GT300.

The maximum accumulated weight will not go over 10% for GT500 and GT300. In the situation where the base production vehicle gets replaced or when the team and the drivers are both replaced, the accumulated weight will be cleared.

In the event of a certain racecar being deemed less capable relative to its competition, the sanctioning body will utilize various techniques to adjust the performance level of the car. One possibility is placing less restriction on the motor. Intensive testing will be done to find out if any cars fall into that category. I'll be the one giving all the info to the drivers before the races (weight to set in, hp to set in etc..). You guys have nothing to count, I'm the one doing the job.

weight4ms.jpg

CAR LIST :

GT 300 CLASS

ASL ARTA Garaiya ‘03
Honda S2000 LM Race Car '01
Nissan C-WEST RAZO Silvia ‘01
RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 ‘04
Subaru CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA ‘03
Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S ‘00
Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA ‘03

GT 500 CLASS

Honda ARTA NSX ‘00
Honda CASTROL MUGEN NSX ‘00
Honda LOCTITE MUGEN NSX ‘01
Honda Mobil 1 NSX ‘01
Honda RAYBRIG NSX ‘00
Honda TAKATA DOME NSX ‘03
Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE ‘00
Nissan LOCTITE ZEXEL GT-R '00
Nissan MOTUL PITWORKS Z ‘04
Nissan PENNZOIL Nismo GT-R ‘99
Nissan PENNZOIL ZEXEL GT-R ‘01
Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R ‘01
Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R ‘03
Toyota au CERUMO Supra ‘01
Toyota Castrol Tom’s Supra ‘00
Toyota Castrol Tom’s Supra ‘01
Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT ‘00
Toyota WOODONE Tom’s Supra ‘03

*NOTE*

Two teams are going to be allowed to pick the same car for the GT300 Class, this is the only exception because of the low number of cars in the game (7). Doubling this number makes a reasonable total of 14 spots available.

SCHEDULE

Round 1
Track : Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course 4.80km
No. of Laps : 30
Date : Qualification *June 20-June 22* - Race *June 23-June 26*

Round 2 :
Track : Mid-Field Raceway 3.56km
No. of Laps : 45
Date : Qualification *June 27-June 29* - Race *June 30-July 3*

Round 3 :
Track : Fuji Speedway 2005 GT 4.53km
No. of Laps : 35
Date : Qualification *July 4-July 6* - Race *July 7-July 10*

Round 4 :
Track : Tokyo Route 246 5.12km
No. of Laps : Will be posted July 13 @ 11:59PM EST
Date : Qualification *July 11-July 13* - Race *July 14-July 17*

Round 5 :
Track : Tsukuba Circuit - Wet 2.04km
No. of Laps : Will be posted July 20 @ 11:59PM EST
Date : Qualification *July 18-July 20* - Race *July 21-July 24*

Round 6 :
Track : Grand Valley Speedway 4.94km
No. of Laps : Will be posted July 27 @ 11:59PM EST
Date : Qualification *July 25-July 27* - Race *July 28-July 31*

Round 7 :
Track : Suzuka Circuit 5.81km
No. of Laps : Will be posted August 3 @ 11:59PM EST
Date : Qualification *August 1-August 3* - Race *August 4-August 7*

Round 8 :
Track : Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca 3.60km
No. of Laps : Will be posted August 10 @ 11:59PM EST
Date : Qualification *August 8-August 10* - Race *August 11-August 14*

INTERESTED DRIVERS

GT500 (12)

Small_Fryz
McLaren F1GTR
villainpl
hOt6o4bOi
Mulsanne
veilsidebr
speedy_samurai
jump_ace
Zero
Ev0
kennythebomb
DLRgian

GT300 (15)

eatsviper4lunch
Driven -USA-
Barbol
LoudMusic
Soyfu
Rob23
Rabbi_Doom
Andge08
Studentdriver
Kolyana
Steve57
neoXman
Teamlosiracer
ZeratulSG
Mad_nos999

BACKUP

SimRaceDriver
MR8

------------------------------------------------------

OK people, we are not doing the teams and picking any cars either yet. If you are interested to participate in this series, and when I say participate it's from start to finish, please leave your driver name and the racing class you are interested to race in (GT500 or GT300).

Driver Name :
Racing Class :

Also, if you are interested to help me out with testing it would really be great. PM me if you want to give a hand and contribute to this.

Thanks for your time guys. 👍

Organizing the event. Pesronally I wouldn't want to keep track of all that. But I think it's cool that someone is. I just wish it was built into GT4.

This looks interesting :)

gt300 class toyota wedsport celica 03' #24

gt500 class nissan xanavi nismo gt-r 03 #25

certain things to note: you can only get 50 laps max in arcade mode
replays dont give certain info -weight for one
looks like you need two people to enter this? there is only me :crazy:
can you run both classes in the same race??

will get back to this :sly:

DRIVEN -USA-
This looks interesting :)

gt300 class toyota wedsport celica 03' #24

gt500 class nissan xanavi nismo gt-r 03 #25

certain things to note: you can only get 50 laps max in arcade mode
replays dont give certain info -weight for one
looks like you need two people to enter this? there is only me :crazy:
can you run both classes in the same race??

will get back to this :sly:

"OK people, we are not doing the teams and picking any cars either yet. If you are interested to participate in this series, and when I say participate it's from start to finish, please leave your driver name and the racing class you are interested to race in (GT500 or GT300)."

50 laps, no problemo my friend don't forget that the max a driver can run in a team is 60%, most of the time it's going to be 50-50 between the two drivers. So take 50 times 2 that makes 100 laps, and races won't be that long. :)

Replays not showing the weight, no problemo either it's set in the options and believe me it's really easy to see if the times sent are possible when the guy has a 100kg penalty. :sly:

2 people yes, but we are only gaging the interest right now and the one class you want to run. 👍

GT300 I'd take the RX-7 for no reason other than I am a rotor-head.

GT500 I'd want an NSX because they're cool. How about the Mobil NSX.

Now I have to read what it says in the first post - ha ha!

LoudMusic
Organizing the event. Pesronally I wouldn't want to keep track of all that. But I think it's cool that someone is. I just wish it was built into GT4.

Yes alot of work, but like I said I'm very dedicated and I don't really mind to organize all of this. :sly:

I would go with strong tire wear - would provide more pit strategy. I would also test to see if the LM cars are evenly matched for the GT500 group, as that is what they are designed for, and you could get more cars for the group.

Track Suggestions:
Tokyo ***
New York *
Cote d'Azur ***
Tsukuba *****
Fuji (any but only 1) *****
Infineon ***
Laguna ***
Motegi *****
Suzuka full *****
La Sarthe **
Nurburgring *
Midfield ***
Grand Valley full ****
Deep Forest ***
Trial Mountain **

You basically have to have the Japanese courses, there's no getting around that (: Other real world tracks are definitely nice. But the originals I listed are also very good tracks.

LoudMusic
Track Suggestions:
Tokyo ***
New York *
Cote d'Azur ***
Tsukuba *****
Fuji (any but only 1) *****
Infineon ***
Laguna ***
Motegi *****
Suzuka full *****
La Sarthe **
Nurburgring *
Midfield ***
Grand Valley full ****
Deep Forest ***
Trial Mountain **

You basically have to have the Japanese courses, there's no getting around that (: Other real world tracks are definitely nice. But the originals I listed are also very good tracks.

yes 👍 The entire track schedule is all covered up already but there's still the race lenght and date for each.

50/50 ?? so we combine our times together then? i run 50 laps on my machine then get my times then mate plays his on his machine across the world and adds his time to mine etc.?

I had already started this before you replied to my last post. Total length? I think they run ~2H races in JGTC / SuperGT. So for a single driver it should be no more than 1H 15M average. Probably shoot for a 1 hour race to keep people interested.

circuit_de_la_sarthe_1_165x168.gif
cote_d_azur_165x168.gif
deep_forest_165x168.gif
fuji_gt_05_165x168.gif
grand_valley_165x168.gif
infineon_sportscar_165x168.gif
laguna_seca_165x168.gif
midfield_165x168.gif
new_york_165x168.gif
nurburgring_nordschleife_165x168.gif
suzuka_165x168.gif
tokyo_165x168.gif
tsukuba_165x168.gif
twin_ring_motegi_165x168.gif
trial_mountain_165x168.gif

That's the thing, before setting the final total of laps we must know how many laps can a single tank of fuel hold. I want both drivers to have to pit, even if one driver decide to run only 40%. Get my point? :) That's what I'm working on. And total lenght will be around like 1h30 for each race but don't forget 50% of that is only 45 mins each driver. That's not long at all. :sly:

DRIVEN -USA-
50/50 ?? so we combine our times together then? i run 50 laps on my machine then get my times then mate plays his on his machine across the world and adds his time to mine etc.?

reread the RACES section that's all I can tell you

eatsviper4lunch
That's the thing, before setting the final total of laps we must know how many laps can a single tank of fuel hold. I want both drivers to have to pit, even if one driver decide to run only 40%. Get my point? :) That's what I'm working on. And total lenght will be around like 1h30 for each race but don't forget 50% of that is only 45 mins each driver. That's not long at all. :sly:

If you wish to force pitting, crank up the tirewear.

LoudMusic
If you wish to force pitting, crank up the tirewear.

Yep, I want each driver to have to refuel (the whole 80 pts) once at least. For the tire wear case I'm still testing around and my decision should be final in the next day.

And there's nothing at all complicated in those rules guys since I'll be the one giving all the info to the drivers before the races (weight to set in, hp to set in etc..). You guys have nothing to count, I'm the one doing the job.

Personally I've found that refueling in GT4 is bogus. Even the most durable of tires will outlast a tank of gas on normal wear. It also takes about a tire change to fill half a tank. So using more than half a tank costs you more time in the pit.

I adjust my tire choice based on fuel consumption. I want them to line up so that I use half a tank on a set of tires. That way my pit cycle is about as effecient as it can be - no extraneous sitting around waiting on fuel. I also get better tires and can report slightly quicker lap times.

What I'm saying is, don't expect to have anyone pitting on an empty tank. It's just not logical.

LoudMusic
Personally I've found that refueling in GT4 is bogus. Even the most durable of tires will outlast a tank of gas on normal wear. It also takes about a tire change to fill half a tank. So using more than half a tank costs you more time in the pit.

I adjust my tire choice based on fuel consumption. I want them to line up so that I use half a tank on a set of tires. That way my pit cycle is about as effecient as it can be - no extraneous sitting around waiting on fuel. I also get better tires and can report slightly quicker lap times.

What I'm saying is, don't expect to have anyone pitting on an empty tank. It's just not logical.

Nope I was talking about refueling the whole 80 pts of fuel during the entire race, not on one shot but in many shots each time you pit in to change your tire set. I just did some testing and I really think that running with a MILD tire wear isn't adequate. STRONG tire wear is right now final at 90%, still some small test to run before confirmation.

count me in

GT500.

though what is the time frame?

1 week to qualify, 1 week to race, 1 week off?.

What are some of the ideas you had in mind?

Small_Fryz
count me in

GT500.

though what is the time frame?

1 week to qualify, 1 week to race, 1 week off?.

What are some of the ideas you had in mind?

lol you are finally the first one to answer with the right format :lol: Maybe some should learn off this guy!

My intentions were to run this on a bi-weekly setup. Monday until Friday at 11:59PM for the qualifications, and Saturday until Sunday at 11:59PM for the actual race. Then one week off until the next round. I think I'm also only going to put up in the schedule the final number of laps right after the qualif are over on Friday night.

Thanks for been the first one in the drivers list. 👍

May i suggest longer time for the races to be done?

Monday - Wednesday for Qualifing. and Thursday to Sunday midnight for race.

That way people have more time to work the races in.

Small_Fryz
May i suggest longer time for the races to be done?

Monday - Wednesday for Qualifing. and Thursday to Sunday midnight for race.

That way people have more time to work the races in.

Yes we can always rearrange the schedule around the week, the only thing I won't change is to run this each 2 weeks. I don't want to have huge brakes between the rounds and finish the first season in 2006. :sly:

If you have any other questions or suggestions feel free to let me know. 👍

Those are the tracks I decided to use for this series. In no particular order.

World Circuits :

*2.04km* Tsukuba Circuit - Wet
*4.53km* Fuji Speedway 2005 GT
*5.81km* Suzuka Circuit
*4.80km* Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course
*3.60km* Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

City Courses :

*5.12km* Tokyo Route 246

Original Circuits :

*4.94km* Grand Valley Speedway
*3.56km* Mid-Field Raceway

Let me know what you guys think. I need your opinions on this. 👍

looks good to me - oohh a wet race too :dopey: - now that will bring out the driver in you. :scared: :)

Driven -USA-
gt300 wedssport celica #24

Just need a co-driver for the team thing

This sounds really interesting.

Driver name: h0ss
Racing class: GT300

Does Tsakuba Wet allow more than 2 racers on the track in arcade mode? The track is pretty easy with only one other car, but it provides a very different racing experience, which is cool.

DRIVEN -USA-
looks good to me - oohh a wet race too :dopey: - now that will bring out the driver in you. :scared: :)

Driven -USA-
gt300 wedssport celica #24

Just need a co-driver for the team thing

eatsviper4lunch
OK people, we are not doing the teams and picking any cars either yet. If you are interested to participate in this series, and when I say participate it's from start to finish, please leave your driver name and the racing class you are interested to race in (GT500 or GT300).

Driver Name :
Racing Class :

You are up for the GT300 class 👍 Thanks for your interest.

Back