Joey's Gallery: Backroads of Michigan

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 154 comments
I really like that Sunset/barn shot as well. The sky looks great with nice transition in the tones. Great job! 👍

Backroads of Michigan

So it's been a while since I've put any pictures in this thread. I really haven't had anything worth posting, but now that spring and summer are coming I'll probably be more apt to taking the camera out.

I went for a drive last night with my best friend and his newly acquired '06 330i since he wanted to get some good pictures of it and drive some backroads. We stopped at a few places along the way and I fooled around with my camera while he was busy shooting his car. Towards sunset though we got horribly lost and we pulled over at an access road to turn around, the sun and sky were really cool so we figured pictures were in order.

I haven't the foggiest idea where we were even though we were only about 30 miles from where we live. I was the definition of Small Town, USA though. There was a corner market, a church, a bar and a gas station...and that was about it:

The first thing I think of when I think of a BMW is the car in a farmers field, almost like it's natural habitat. Not race tracks, the Autobahn or anything like that, this is where it really belong :lol: :

BMWFarmSm.jpg

^^ That shot is the most splendid picture I've ever seen!

Edit: 500th post 👍

Really nice thread, Joey - and not just another pretty gallery either; the discussion in here abounds and there is much to be learned by any photographer.
The evolution of your quality seems to have kept pace with each improvement in your equipment - and you are starting to get bolder with your subjects - from crisp still lifes to compositions that flow mellifluously with living movement.
The Mini shots are a continuous treat, and that road is so very Canadian - yet I've heard that Fall in Michigan is absolutely breathtaking, and now I believe it. I liked the 'Red Snake', too!
The long exposures are creative and most definitely eye-candy.
I'm happy to hear that you've visited our Zoo (nothing much really) but you've managed some interesting shots. The Ohion shots were very well done.
Your passion shows in your latter compositions; as if you've begun to grasp the potentials that you are capable of, and are now revving into higher gear. Good work, man - I'll be dropping in on you whenever you update.
Cheers!👍
Harry.

Back